• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Christmas Movie

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Die Hard.

Red and Blue

Nightmare Before Christmas is my main go to Halloween/Christmas movie

Some runner ups are Elf, It's Always Sunny Christmas Special, Artheur's Christmas, and National Lampoon's Christmas

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Home Alone. Love that one. Followed by A Christmas Story.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I don't typically watch holiday movies since I don't celebrate Christmas these days, although Home Alone 2 and Jingle All the Way are some of my childhood favorites.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Always end up watching the first 2 home alone movies (which for some dumb reason are called "mi pobre angelito" here)

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ubermuk said:
The first two Home Alone movies, The Polar Express and Miracle on 34th Street are my favorites.

I have a love-hate relationship with The Polar Express. On one hand, it was revolutionary at the time and I thought it was the last great Christmas themed movie that I've watched in theaters, but on the other hand it suffers from pacing issues and a bad case of uncanny valley syndrome.

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
There are only like five Christmas movies that aren't terrible IMO. But there are two that I absolutely love. The Muppets Christmas Carol, and Miracle on 34th street.

Opassa

Tunne susi rakasta
Jingle All The Way will always be my favorite too, it's one of my favorite movies period

it's weird and deconstructive, genuinely funny and endearing, and also captures the spirit of its era exceptionally well

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Christmas Vacation, The Grinch, Muppet Christmas Carol, Elf, And A Christmas Story are my favorite holiday movies. When there was that explosion of parody movies that happened in the early 2000s, I really wanted a holiday themed one where you see a parody of Buddy the Elf get hit by a car, a commentary jab at all the excessive Christmas/holiday tv special where characters like Rudolph and Frosty are put into a reality tv show setting and they are beating each other up, and of course the ridiculous parents fighting over a must have toy of the year scene.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
The debate over Die Hard being a Christmas movie has always confused me a bit. But then again I only know if the basic plot of the movie and have never actually seen it. I really did enjoy The Grinch with Jim Carrey and liked how different it was from the classic cartoon. The make up and prosthetics are really good and I can’t imagine wearing those Who noses for hours would be very comfortable and the contacts Carrey had to wear he likened to having salt put into your eye which sounds hilarious coming from him. I also remember all of these random Christmas tv specials and some were really random and weird like The Cabbage Patch Kids First Christmas. That was nothing more than a huge cash grab to sell more dolls and several bizarre things happen but the message of how the Christmas spirit is in everyone isn’t too bad and Tress MacNeill does some excellent voice acting in the special. It’s an okay special that is a bit outdated now and wasn’t destined to be an annual holiday classic. I also saw the other Peanuts Christmas special I Want a Dog for Christmas, Charlie Brown and I have to say that I can see why Linus and Lucy’s little known about brother Rerun is so obscure even among die hard fans of the franchise. He just is so unlikeable and whinny the entire special that I’m honestly surprised Snoopy did just bite him to shut him up! All Rerun did was complain about boring things that I think even Sally got annoyed with him at some point and Sally pretty much will tolerate just about anything she comes across.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Bad Santa is currently my favorite Christmas movie

Honorable Mentions
-A Christmas Story
-The Nightmare Before Christmas
-How the Grinch Stole Christmas
-Friday After Next