• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite combos?

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Attract+Nasty Plot.

I don't know why, it's just funny. My Houndoom pulls it off so nicely.

Of course, what would be even funnier is Attract/Charm/Captivate + Scary Face/Mean Look. Seems like the latter should cancel out the former, doesn't it?

One of my favourite combos to use is a status-problem move + Hex. I just feel so evil when my Pokemon does lots of damage with Hex thanks to the target having a status problem. It looks especially cool if the status-inducing move is Will-O-Wisp. My Chandelure knows this combo, and I don't want to teach it Shadow Ball to replace Hex.

Another combo I like is Cosmic Power/Defend Order + any HP-restoring move. Usually I alternate the two, and then my Pokemon becomes a super-wall! I had two Pokemon that used this: a Clefable with Cosmic Power and Moonlight, and a Vespiquen with Defend Order and Heal Order.

And here's another one my Excadrill likes to try out: Hone Claws + Horn Drill. Not as uber as Articuno's Mind Reader + Sheer Cold (or my old Poliwrath's Mind Reader + Fissure), and it doesn't always work, but I like to try it out on wild Pokemon, and the OHKO moves are fun to watch.

In a double battle: One Pokemon uses Fake Tears on an enemy, and the other uses a Special attack on the same enemy. Also works with Screech + Physical attack. Only works if the debuffing Pokemon is faster of course. In Colosseum I used to have my Plusle do the Fake Tearing a lot.

And here's one I haven't tried yet: Soak + any Grass or Electric attack. Or Soak on a Flying-type + Earthquake. Either of those will be fun...

Another one I like is Future Sight + Recover, which I have on my Reuniclus. Use Future Sight, and while the foe is attacking, spam Recover until the attack hits.

Also, I miss the move combos you can do in contests of R/S/E... Those games had the best contest system IMO.

123fakestreet

Metalopolis King
Sub + Leech Seed

Taunt + Dragon Dance

Sub + Roost + Multiscale

Sub + Charge Beam + Magnet Pull

Body Slam + Iron Head (Jirachi)

Thunder Wave + Body Slam (Togekiss)

Trick + Choice Scarf [Item]

Recover + Toxic / Will o Wisp

Thunder Wave + Prankster

Spore + Sub + Focus Punch

Spore + Sub + Leech Seed

Swords Dance + Bullet Punch

Sleep Move + Nasty Plot

Soak + Discharge (Doubles only)

Rest + Sleep Talk + Two Phazing Moves

STAB Hyper Beams in gen 1 (If they killed the target you didn't have to recharge)

Wish + Protect

Spikes + Toxic Spikes + Stealth Rocks

Wow that's a lot.

Riceslash

The pangolin
Power Share + Rest + Chesto Berry, cripples opponents instantly

Hone Claws + Dynamicpunch, My Sandslash loved this

LeviQuake

Yawn + Focus Sash + Protect + Acid Spray + Giga Drain, Accelgor loves to troll

Substitute + Thunder Wave

cantab

Facade on a Poison Healer holding a Toxic Orb.

Light Clayed Dual Screens, then go to a set-up Sweeper :)

Moonlight_Tails

Nocturnal Trainer
Facade on a Poison Healer holding a Toxic Orb.

If only Zangoose were available in the dream world
Toxic Boost: Attack stat increased by 50% when Poisoned
70 base
x2 for poison
x1.5 for STAB
x1.5 again for ability

If only Zangoose were available in the dream world
Toxic Boost: Attack stat increased by 50% when Poisoned
70 base
x2 for poison
x1.5 for STAB
x1.5 again for ability

Well we have Guts Swellow, which is kinda the same.

Guts: When Burned, the halving effect will not activate and Attack will double
70 Base
x2 for status = 140 BP
x2 Attack = 280 BP
x1.5 for STAB = 420 BP

Not bad. Although he lacks anything to hit Steel types with.

Curse + Gyro Ball...although I haven't seen it uilized on anyone other than Ferrothorn, I'm sure others can pull it off.

Dragon Trainer X

良い感じ!
Moves: Toxic and Protect, Curse and Payback, Curse and Trick Room, and Swords Dance and Drain Punch.

Abilities: Toxic Orb and Poison Heal, Magic Bounce and Toxic (bounce back to DW Gliscor, Poison him, and give him Leftovers), Guts and Toxic Orb, Controversy and Leaf Storm ^^

SwiftGrovyle

Official POTW Fact Checker
Curse, Will o' wisp, memento.