• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite D/P/Pt Starter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spacial

procrastination
Definitely Chimchar for me, it was my first ever starter and first Pokemon which I raised to lv 100, it's also pretty much my hands down favourite Pokemon and it's special for me idk. Also its design is amazing, and the two types which its evolution chain gets are some of my favourite.

Turtwig hands down. I think generation IV was the first generation where i wasn't split on who to choose when it came to a grass starter. I liked Treecko but opted out of choosing him because i liked Mudkip more. As for the other grass starters of the other generations i never even considered them.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Chimchar. I fell in love with the line at first sight. I almost always chose Chimchar at the start and still have my very first Chimchar(now Infernape) to this day.

I love all the lines, Chimchar's just the best

SparklingMistral

The #1 Remus Lupin f
Piplup here. It was the cutest of all the starters, to be honest. Another Fire/Fighting starter wasn't very thrilling, and Turtwig's line wasn't very appealing to me. It was cool, but not as cool as Piplup, no pun intended.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
My favourite Gen 4 starter is Chimchar because it looked cooler than the other two starters and also because of Infernape.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Piplup. But I'll admit that the anime helped with my decision

It had the opposite effect on me; it made me dislike Piplup's evolutionary line for a while, but now I can safely say that I like Piplup more than Chimchar and Turtwig regardless. :p

Nodame

Misty <3
I would have to say Piplup only, but I dislike its evolutionary line. I simply think Piplup is the cutest and that's what I look for in a Pokemon. Cuteness matters to me.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
Chimchar. It used to be turtwig but surprisingly I like how infernal looks and it's pretty strong.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Chimchar's probably my second favourite of the Sinnoh starters. I think it's pretty cute (at least my Chimchar plushy is ^_^) and I like its cry for some reason.
I like Infernape's design, too, and have liked using it in battle as well.

Silvijo

Turtwig and Piplup have great designs in my opinion, though I rather prefer Turtwig because of it's type.
Im not really fond of monkeys though...

I'm not that big a fan of grass types, so Turtwig wasn't an option for me.

In my first Platinum playthrough, I ended up ditching Infernape for the gift Riolu.
In my second playthrough, I kept Empoleon on my team. So even though both evolutionary lines aren't any of my top favorite Pokemon, if I had to pick one I like a little better, it would have to be Piplup..

Doomdour

Color Ball Collector
Chimchar. Gen 4 didn't offer any other Fire types. Not the biggest fan of Ponyta so I had to have Chimchar line as a party staple.

Piplup 2nd. I played the games later than most, only recently beating Diamond for the very first time.

Edit: well there was Heat Rotom and Magmortar, still not much to choose from.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Chimchar. Gen 4 didn't offer any other Fire types. Not the biggest fan of Ponyta so I had to have Chimchar line as a party staple.

The lack of Fire-type variety irked me in D/P as well. I picked Chimchar in Pearl as a result when I played through it a 2nd time, which made me appreciate Chimchar's line more tbh.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Turtwig and Chimchar, never could separate these two. Always started with either of them.

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
Turtwig. Not gonna lie he was not in my mind when I got D/P at first. It was actually Piplup. I ended up with Turtwig when my cousin called dibs on Chimchar and my bro on Piplup so I got stuck with Turtwig. Best thing ever though because I fell in love with it and its evolutions :3 Its a freaking powerhouse on my team when I played D/P. Also its adorable.

Status
Not open for further replies.