• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite D/P/Pt Starter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samayouru

Rabid Dusclops Fan
Turtwig. I love turtle Pokemon and Torterra is possibly the most enjoyable starter to use in my playthroughs because it can destroy things pretty easily.

Chimchar in the beginning because in Diamond there were no other Sinnoh fire types prior to the national dex, so I would often choose it. I grew to like all of them though so now I can't decide.

It's kind of a difficult decision- I love all three of them. Honestly, I would most likely say Piplup and its line. It has a lacking learnset, yes, but its typing is so very useful, especially you use it to tank, and can dish out damage in return. I love its design, too. Plus I'm just plain biased- an Empoleon named Stratus served me well in a Platinum Nuzlocke.

I do really like Torterra and Infernape, though, for nostalgia and design respectively.

Right, I'm stumped on this one. Chimchar and Piplup have equally cool lines, and due to writing fanfiction I've grown to become affectionate towards Turtwig and its evolutions.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I'm going with Chimchar's line although Monferno is my least favorite member of that evolution family.

I like Monferno, tho I dislike Infernape's design somewhat hee hee. Chimchar's adorable itself, I just think its final evolved form could've been designed to look much more bulky like a gorilla.

ZilverLox

Banned
I feel like I'm one of the few people who likes Turtwig. I chose it in Pearl and it was handy against Roark and Crasher Wake and even against Byron and Volkner as a Torterra. It's such a good Starter. :)

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I like Monferno, tho I dislike Infernape's design somewhat hee hee. Chimchar's adorable itself, I just think its final evolved form could've been designed to look much more bulky like a gorilla.

The Chimchar family look well-designed enough to me, though it would've been pretty cool if Infernape became like a King Kong-type gorilla, like Mrs. Oreo said. Maybe a fire-breathing King Kong gorilla, and he could be Fire/Dragon (like Turtonator, although I know he didn't exist in Gen 4).

If I remember correctly, I think the Chimchar family is supposed to be based on the Chinese zodiac (the monkey).

jginz1

Shiny Hunter
Looking back on these starters, they are actually the best starters in terms of design. There origins fit their typing really well

Bananarama

The light is coming
I feel like I'm one of the few people who likes Turtwig. I chose it in Pearl and it was handy against Roark and Crasher Wake and even against Byron and Volkner as a Torterra. It's such a good Starter. :)

I was originally lukewarm towards Turtwig, but I used it in Diamond and was surprised at how easy several of the gyms were. It honestly made me appreciate that evolutionary line a whole lot more.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
i like all of them tbh, but i have a slight bias for chimchar since it's the one i chose when i first played diamond.

however, i think turtwig is the cutest of the trio.

Kikas123

What 'bout My Star?
Empoleon and Infernape are both great Pokemon competitively. I like Empleon more for it's ability to lay rocks and still be able to pack a punch. Plus, a metal penguin is just cool!

Cat's Eye Draco

I like the Sinnoh Starters more or less equally, but I probably use Chimchar the most because I like its (and its evolutions') speed.

Noa

Pokemon Crystal is my happy place
I think it's gotta be Turtwig. My favorite final evo is Infernape, but Turtwig is the cutest. He's got a cute smile and I love his cry. :D

Daizy

I call you honey
Turtwig because even though I didn't like Grotle, Turtwig was good against many of Sinnoh's Gyms, which mattered a lot when I played Pearl.

Chimchar15

Chimchar is my favorite because he's a fire type, a chimp, and Infernape looks amazing. To top it off he absolutely destroys the gyms in the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.