• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Disney film?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Basically any Renaissance film and Tangled.

Hydrangea

Just a creature
Staff member
Weird pick here, but I've always loved The Black Cauldron. I don't care what you've heard about it, go watch it.

Otherwise, Emperor's New Groove is great.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
I'm going to sound like a ****ing hipster but I actually go for Fantasia.

Hunchback is great and Frollo is amazing as a villain, Lion King is a classic but seriously nothing tops the scope and ambition of Fantasia.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
The Toy Story series if we count Pixar.

As saccharine a preference as it may be, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs always makes me smile as well. Bambi and the large majority of Winnie the Pooh films qualify otherwise.

Is it wrong I really like Bambi II as well? It was a surprisingly well made sequel considering Disney's usual.

Toy Story 1 and 2 were made before Pixar became its own company, so you can grandfather clause it as a Disney film. Though if you include Pixar, that makes me wonder if you could stretch the rules and add the Marvel Cinematic Universe

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Though if you include Pixar, that makes me wonder if you could stretch the rules and add the Marvel Cinematic Universe

Yeah, I'd say you can. And in a way, you can also include any of the Touchstone Pictures films, since Disney owns it. The most obvious ones anyone could say with that are Who Framed Roger Rabbit and The Nightmare Before Christmas, but I'd think most of the Touchstone films would count.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Animated?
Lion King
Lilo and Stitch
Big Hero 6
Zootopia

Pixar?
Cars (So hyped for the third one! I actually like the second one, it's just not as good as the first)
Toy Story 1-3 (Only franchise so far that the sequels are as good as the first one. Better in 3's case cause it was so damn relatable, it was years since the first one came out that most of us had grown up ourselves....... I dread Toy Story 4, they just want to sell toys again. That's why we got Cars 2 and Planes!)
Incredibles (The sequel is LONG overdue)

Finding Nemo/Dory and Wall-E are awesome too, but I wouldn't call them a favorite.

Not a fan of those princess movies. But..... I'm a guy, so yeah.

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
Dinosaur
Wreck it Ralph
Moana
Zootopia
Fantasia
Emperor's New Groove
Lilo and Stitch
Princess and the Frog
Beauty and the Beast

Nyter

Island Challenger
Some of ya'll were probably not on the face of this earth yet when this came out BUT Walt Disney Pictures, in 1993, brought to us an exquisitely amazing film in the name of "Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey"

Shadow, Sassy, and Chance are just the best team trio to ever grace our big screens. The chemistry. This movie is my childhood.

Nebbygetinthebag

Toy story trilogy
Wreck it Ralph
Big heroes 6
Monster Inc
Inside out
Tarzan
Lilo and stitch
Zootopia
Finding Nemo.

Last edited:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I'd say Mulan, the first Toy Story film and The Little Mermaid are my favourite Disney films. I've seen each of them so many times and I just regret that my VCR died cuz now I can't play the VHS version of those movies. :[

When it comes to my favorite Disney films, some of them are older than me considering the years they came out. Here is the list of my favorites (including the year they came out):
Fantasia (1940)
Dumbo (1941)
Victory Through Air Power (1943)
Alice in Wonderland (1951)
Johnny Tremain (1957)
The Sword in the Stone (1963)
Bedknobs and Broomsticks (1971)
Robin Hood (1973)
Tron (1982)
The Great Mouse Dectective (1986)
Aladdin (1992)
Cool Runnings (1993)
The Lion King (1994)
A Goofy Movie (1995)
Toy Story (1995)
Muppet Treasure Island (1996)
George of the Jungle (1997)
Inspector Gadget (1999)
Toy Story 2 (1999)
Atlantis: The Lost Empire (2001)
Monsters Inc (2001)
Lilo and Stitch (2002)
Holes (2003)
Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl (2003)
The Haunted Mansion (2003)
Around the World in 80 Days (2004)
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (2006)
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (2007)
Toy Story 3 (2010)
Tron Legacy (2010)
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (2011)
The Muppets (2011)
Wreck-It Ralph (2012)
Monsters University (2013)
Frozen (2013)
Muppets Most Wanted (2014)
Zootopia (2016)
The BFG (2016)

PokemonKnight

#1 Sylveon Fan
Fantasia for Disney.

Cars for Pixar. The third one will be epic.

Cat's Eye Draco

Some of ya'll were probably not on the face of this earth yet when this came out BUT Walt Disney Pictures, in 1993, brought to us an exquisitely amazing film in the name of "Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey"

Shadow, Sassy, and Chance are just the best team trio to ever grace our big screens. The chemistry. This movie is my childhood.

I can't believe I almost forgot about this movie! :eek: It was one of my very favorites when I was little (and probably still is, actually). The sequel was pretty good, too, but I don't remember much about it except that they get lost in San Francisco.

DatsRight

I recently took a relook at Oliver and Company, and it's actually rather charming and fun (LOVE Bette Midler's number :D). It's a shame it tends to get overlooked due to being made just BEFORE Disney's renaissance era.

Cat's Eye Draco

Just stumbled across another movie I completely forgot was Disney's: Old Yeller. I absolutely loved that movie when I was little (and still do), despite the bittersweet ending.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Moana is now my new most favorite Disney movie. I haven't enjoyed a Disney movie that much in a super long time. :D

Kung Fu Ferret

The Usurper
The Lion King will always be my favorite (Mulan being a somewhat close second, and Zootopia being third). However, I do enjoy some of their more underrated works like The Emperor's New Groove, Wreck-It Ralph, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Brother Bear, and Hercules. I enjoyed Moana when I saw it on Netflix. My favorite Pixar Movies are A Bug's Life, Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Brave, and Up, along with the original Toy Story.

Out of their live-action stuff, I love Jon Favreau's take on The Jungle Book. Can't wait to see how he handles remaking The Lion King in 2019. Also love the PotC movies (waiting for the new one to come to Netflix before I watch it)

For the Marvel Cimenatic Universe, Thor: The Dark World was great.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens, was amazing, despite all the blatant pandering to our nostalgia.

When it comes to direct-to-video sequels, the best are Lion King 2, and surprisingly... Cinderella 3. Leroy & Stitch is a guilty pleasure of mine, mostly since I LOVE the name Leroy.

Nightmare Before Christmas is one I watch every year on Thanksgiving (late November here in the US)

Nebbygetinthebag

As for the Marvel cimenatic universe my favorite are
Avenger Age of Ultron
Iron Man Trilogy
Captain America Civil War
Captain America Winter Soldier
The Avenger Movie
Guardian of the Galaxy
Ant Man
Through I haven't watch Spider-Man Homecoming yet through I heard the movie is good.

I'd prbobsbly say either Tangled or Guardians of the Galaxy. The latter is a recent one but is just so funny and just so fun in general that I love it, and Tangled is just an underrated take on the old traditional tale that unfortunately got overshadowed by Frozen, which to me was still an ok movie, but nothing like how good Tangled was.

Tangled was the first time a Disney princess had superpowers. Tangled was the first time I genuinely adored the love interest. Tangled was... also the first ever Disney princess movie I saw, but I really don't have a bias on that one since I was young at the time I watched it, and Frozen gives me the same nostalgic feelings.

Status
Not open for further replies.