• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Dragon-Type Pokémon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
They're some of the most majestic and powerful beings in the Pokémon world - and many are legendary in their own right. What are your favourite Dragon-type Pokémon? These are my personal favorites:

• Gen 1: Mega Charizard X, Dratini, Dragonair, Dragonite
  • Gen 2: Mega Ampharos, Kingdra
  • Gen 3: Altaria, Salamence, Latias, Latios
  • Gen 4: Garchomp, Dialga, Palkia
  • Gen 5: Haxorus, Hydreigon, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem
  • Gen 6: Goodra, Noivern
  • Gen 7: Drampa, Kommo-o
  • Gen 8: Appletun, Duraludon

Honorable mentions:

• Mega Sceptile
  • Flygon (kind of wish it got a Mega in OR/AS)
  • Rayquaza
  • Giratina
  • Tyrantrum
  • Zygarde
  • Turtonator
  • Guzzlord
  • Ultra Necrozma
  • Naganadel
  • Dracozolt
  • Dracovish
  • Dragapult
  • Regidrago

Leonhart

Imagineer
In no particular order: Bohmander (Salamence), Flygon, Gablias (Garchomp), and Onvern (Noivern). I also like things like Jijilong (Drampa) and Kairyu (Dragonite) on occasion, but I wouldn't say they're my favorites in the same sense as the others.

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
Dragonite & it's family. They're the only ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Charizard, Aerodactyl, Gyarados, & Seadra aren't dragon types, even if they look draconic or are described as a dragon in the Pokedex. :/

Last edited:

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Reshiram, Eternatus, Ultra Necrozma, Giratina, Naganadel, Flygon, Salamence, Garchomp, Dragonair, Dragapult, etc.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I like most of the dragons. Out of the pseudo-legendaries, the only ones I'm not so huge about are Dragonite and Goodra. Hydreigon used to be in that list, but it grew on me.

My all-time favorite (so far) is Garchomp duo being cool looking, reliable and very strong even on competitive. But I also like Salamance, Hydreigon, Haxorus (SHOULD HAVE BEEN A PSEUDO), Kommo-o and Dragapult.

Honorable mentions to Mega Charizard, Mega Ampharos and Mega Sceptile. Specially, Mega Ampharos. Used it a lot on Triples back when King Masuda allowed them to exist.

Shinruna

Rose of Fire
A Top 10, as I'm used to.

- Garchomp: my most beloved one, as I enjoy the overall weirdness by which is characterized. Garchomp, the Sinnoh's jewel.
- Dragalge: it's beautiful and pretty unique, since it looks a bit like a dirty pile of seaweed.
- Dragonite: cute, simple looking and I like its overall sturdiness. Unlike the majority of people though, I'm not too fond about the rest of its evolutionary chain, especially Dragonair which is pretty dull to level up and also because is not my cup of tea.
- Hydreigon: as I said for Dragonite before, it is the only and one stage of its evolutionary chain I'm fond about (Zweillous in particular is something I struggle to appreciate, since I just see it as a two-headed Deino); as a whole, however, I find Hydreygon's hellish looks to be pretty neat.
- Haxorus: in contrast to the previous two, I completely love the entire evolutionary chain of this one as they all look rather different between each others. Also, I don't really care about shiny forms, but Haxorus' is pretty great and I seriously would like to have/find one.
- Flygon: gotta love this huge dragonfly covered in sand! It has been the first Dragon-type Pokémon I have ever made use of, meaning so it's useless to say that the nostalgia factor I hold for this one is rather wide.
- Altaria: this cotton winged bird is one of the cutest Pokémon of all time. Just wished for it to be changed into a Dragon/Fairy, however.
- Drampa: once again, I really like the stance it assumes while attacking as it makes me think a bit about some kind of evil wizard; its overall figure also strikes to me a lot like a falling plant which became too large to be contained in that specific pot.
- Appletun: pretty much an apple that assumed the shape of a tank and, with it having access to the Thick Fat ability, you have the first Grass-type Pokémon to actually resist against Fire-type.
- Regidrago: the HP's stat is absolutely amazing and what's not to love about a red ball holding a dragon skull? Now I'm wondering... Who's the one I love the most between the two Regi-... -Rock or -Drago?

Thanks for reading.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
But I also like Salamance, Hydreigon, Haxorus (SHOULD HAVE BEEN A PSEUDO), Kommo-o and Dragapult.

Isn't Haxorus kind of a pseudo?

- Altaria: this cotton winged bird is one of the cutest Pokémon of all time. Just wished for it to be changed into a Dragon/Fairy, however.

At least it got a Dragon/Fairy Mega in OR/AS.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Anyone noticed that Dragalge is a literal sea dragon, both in type and basis?

1200px-Leafy_Seadragon_on_Kangaroo_Island.jpg

OwensJB

Noivern, Goodra, Dragonite, Kommo-o and Flygon are my favorites. Dragon is one of the best types even with the introduction of Fairy.

Red and Blue

Gen 1: entire Dratini line
Gen 3: Flygon, Salamance, Eon duo, Rayquaza
Gen 4: Dialga and Giratina
Gen 5: Haxorus and Reshiram
Gen 6: Entire Goomy line, Dragalge, Noivern and Zygarde
Gen 7: Drampa, Kommo-O, Guzzlord
Gen 8: Applin and its evolutions, Eternatus, Regidrago, Dracovish and Dracozolt

Last edited:

nel3

Crimson Dragon
The only dragon line that matters to me is the ground dragon that knows levitate. Dragalea is an interesting design but i didnt find a place on the team for it. Noivern also looks good.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Gen 1: Not really a fan of the Dragonite line but Dragonite itself is growing on me because of Ash’s
Gen 2: Don’t like Kingdra but it’s ok ig
Gen 3: Rayquaza
Gen 4: Garchomp line but I love the creation trio too
Gen 5: Zekrom
Gen 6: Dragalge, Goodra, Noivern, & Tyrantrum are all really cool but I have to give my vote to my favorite legendary Zygarde
Gen 7: Kommo-o, Drampa, Turtonator or Ultra Necrozma
Gen 8: Flapple or Dragapult

Status
Not open for further replies.