• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Dragon Types

Red and Blue

Gen 1: the entire Dratini line
Gen 2: not a fan of Kingdra
Gen 3: Flygon, Salamance, Eon duo, and Rayquaza
Gen 4: Dialga
Gen 5: Reshiram, Haxorus, Zwelious
Gen 6: Goomy line
Gen 7: Galarian Exeggutor, Drampa, Kommo-O, and Naganadel
Gen 8: Dracovish, Appletun and Eternatus

nel3

Crimson Dragon
330 all the way! the others are not really interesting, Flaple is interesting but it has slightly worse stats than Flygon. im glad Flygon never got a mega, if anything just buff his base stats and you're golden.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Gen 1: Dratini
Gen 2: Kingdra
Gen 3: Rayquaza
Gen 4: Garchomp and Giratina
Gen 5: Hydreigon and Zekrom
Gen 6: Noivern and Tyrantrum
Gen 7: Kommo-o
Gen 8: Frapple/Appletun and Dragapult

KingstonUponHulbury

Dragon might actually be the one type where I think the designs have gotten better over the years, and that's almost certainly due to the designers actually attempting to populate the type a little more and trying out concepts beyond 'European dragon'.

1: Druddigon - So, uh, I guess I'm a hypocrite for loving this European dragon? The raw gnarliness of his design puts him near the top, but his concept and execution place him at No.1 for me - he's partly UK-inspired, his stat distribution, movepool and abilities all marry with the concept beautifully, and he even gets hipster points in my book for being one of the less popular Dragons.

2: Tyrantrum - I'm a simple man, I see a Tyrannoaur Pokémon and I covet it. It's so on-the-nose it comes close to tacky fanservice, but I've no doubt my six-year old self would have loved it above all others.

Joint 3: Hydreigon and Guzzlord. Dark's a very interesting and balanced type competitively, and I like that both of these are meaner than the slightly boring European dragons. Guzzlord's design is a little cartoony for my tastes, but he also enjoys less love from the fans, I think, so it's a wash in my eyes.

Monox D. I-Fly

Dragon might actually be the one type where I think the designs have gotten better over the years, and that's almost certainly due to the designers actually attempting to populate the type a little more and trying out concepts beyond 'European dragon'.
I remember when I tried to justify Charizard and Gyarados as non-Dragons, thinking maybe the franchise only sticks on Western dragon only or Eastern dragon only to be classified as Dragons, but then I realized that Charizard is a western dragon and Gyarados is an eastern dragon.

MrJechgo

I remember when I tried to justify Charizard and Gyarados as non-Dragons, thinking maybe the franchise only sticks on Western dragon only or Eastern dragon only to be classified as Dragons, but then I realized that Charizard is a western dragon and Gyarados is an eastern dragon.
If I may add something, back in Gen 1, the Dragon type was too powerful to be a regular typing, hence why the Dratini line was the only line of dragons. Charizard is modeled after a Western dragon, but giving it a Fire/Dragon typing would have made it too OP compared to Venusaur and Blastoise. Gyarados would have been in a similar situation as a Water/Dragon type. What,s puzzling is that it is Water/Flying... and its mega evolution is Water/Dark, not Water/Dragon.

I don't understand why people are still dismissing Charizard as a Dragon...

Sakuyamon

Kingdra, Dragonite, Flygon, Haxorus, Dialga, Zekrom and Dragapult are my favorite dragon type Pokemon. Vibrava, Altaria and Zweilous are ok too but too weak for me to use.

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
Garchomp, Dragonite, and Salamence running a Wish Toxic Set