• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Electric Pokemon

RedJirachi

Veteran member
The starter types have had their own poll, so I thought it would be alright if I do a poll for the unofficial starter type, Electric type. The series mascot's typing, I'm wondering what your favorite Electric types are? Here is my list to start, for each generation
  • Gen 1: Electrode. Unorthodox choice, but I've always found this a slick Pokemon and loved how speedy it is. Yes, the fact that it's a Pokeball doesn't turn me off, I like the gimmick
  • Gen 2: Lanturn. A type combo I love, and is useful in battle. And I like its design
  • Gen 3: Manetric. There weren't many choices for this generation, though it still has a pretty good design and I have experience using it
  • Gen 4: Rotom. I love how it can take these different forms and is this technological poltergeist. Ironic that it wasn't available to catch in Alola
  • Gen 5: Eelektross. Dat ability, and its a sick lamprey/eel monstrosity. Takes a bit to get from the puny Tynamo, but definitely worth it
  • Gen 6: Dedenne. Alright, this gen didn't have many good Electric types introduced in my eyes. However Dedenne is adorable and does something creative. But I remain firm on my stance that Pikachu knock-offs are usually terrible
  • Gen 7: Vikavolt. I like the development this line has over time and as it evolves, until we get the powerhouse of Vikavolt. I thought having to wait so long for Charjabug would be annoying, but Eviolite came in handy and the middle stage has a charm of its own

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Gen 1: Zapdos
Gen 2: Raikou
Gen 3: Manectric
Gen 4: Tie between Luxray & Electivire
Gen 5: Zebstrika
Gen 6: Heliolisk
Gen 7: Tapu Koko

Overall favorite is probably Xurkitree or Electivire

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Gen 1 - Raichu, Jolteon
Gen 2 - Chinchou, Ampharos, Raikou
Gen 3 - Manectric
Gen 4 - Luxray, Magnezone
Gen 5 - Emolga, Eelektross, Zekrom, Black Kyurem (even though it’s technically not an Electric type)
Gen 6 - Dedenne (only because it's cute)
Gen 7 - Togedemaru, Tapu Koko, Zeroara (I think I spelled it wrong)
Gen 8 - Yamper

Last edited:

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
Gen I - Jolteon
Gen II - Mareep
Gen III - Manectric
Gen IV - Luxray
Gen V - Galvantula or Eelektross
Gen VI - Heliolisk
Gen VII - Vikavolt or Zeraora
Gen VIII - Toxtricity

Last edited:

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Is it just me, or did Gen 3 not have a lot of Electric types? The only ones that really come to mind are Electrike, Manectric, Plusle and Minun.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Magnezone, I've used it in Platinum, Black 2 and Ultra Sun with a lot of success. Galvantula and Vikavolt are a very close second and third.

I also have a Magnezone in Black 2.

Those 4 are the only ones

Gen 6 didn’t have a lot of Electric types either. I can only really think of Dedenne, Helioptile and Heliolisk.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Magnezone, I've used it in Platinum, Black 2 and Ultra Sun with a lot of success. Galvantula and Vikavolt are a very close second and third.
Totally agree with you on how useful the Poke is

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
Gen 1.Raichu

Gen 2.Ampharos

Gen 3.Manectric

Gen 4.Electivire and Magnezone

Gen 5.Galvantula

Gen 6.Heliolisk

Gen 7.Togedamru/Vikavolt/Zeraora

RoughCoronet0

Dragon lover
My top ten electric types would be...

10. Zebstrika (It's just an electric zebra....and that's all it needs to be.
9. Togedemaru (My favorite of the Pikachu clones, I had a fun time using this pokemon in the Alola region.)
8. Raichu (Yes, I like the mascot Pokemon and it's evolution. I'm more of a fan of regular Raichu to it's Alolan equivalent)
7. Heliolisk (I love this little solar panel lizard. So cute and creative)
6. Galvantula (It's funny that I'm very terrified of spiders, and yet I love spider cryptids and myths, and spider creatures in fantasy and games. And this little electric spider is so cute!)
5. Jolteon (Eeveelutions, love them)
4. Zapdos (Team Instinct! Also I enjoy the unique look of this bird legendary)
3. Vikavolt (This Pokemon was a very valuable team member when I first played through Pokemon Moon. I also like it's sci-fi jet look)
2. Zekrom (I love the lore of the Tao Trio, and black dragons are always cool)
1. Luxray (This sleek lightning lynx caught my eye the moment I saw it, and is one of my favorite Sinnoh Pokemon)