1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite evil team: Magma or Aqua?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation III Discussion' started by Wednesdayz, Dec 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wednesdayz

Wednesdayz Banned

Ruby & Sapphire introduced two villainous teams: Team Magma and Team Aqua. Both had pros and cons.

Which one is your favorite?

I've always liked Team Magma the most since their whole land expansion plan benefited humans too, and not just Pokemon like Team Aqua's plan.

2. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

Of the two, the Magma-dan/Team Magma interested me more due to my favoritism toward Ruby version and Groudon, although I never warmed up to Matsubusa/Maxie.

3. Kalosian

Kalosian Never Say Forever

I don't really like either team more than the other. They were both equally silly. And now they are equally good, if we go by the remakes. I honestly never cared much about their differences when I played the originals, though the remakes fixed that and made them feel different compared to each other. But I still don't have a favorite. They are tied as my third favorite evil teams in the series behind Plasma and Galactic (not including the ones from Gen 7 yet).

4. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

I'll go with Magma. Although they were both pretty cartoonish in their debut generation (the remakes definitely did improve on them, though), I liked Magma's outfits better than Aqua's. Their goal also makes more sense in a region like Hoenn.

5. Aquarelle

Aquarelle Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I like Team Aqua best as I prefer Water type Pokemon and I like the blue colour scheme of their uniforms.
    Plus, I've ended up seeing the Aqua storyline more than the Magma one, due to Ruby being my main version of the RS pair and Sapphire being the one I've replayed multiple times.

6. Nerdy McNerdface

Nerdy McNerdface Oh REEEEEEALLY?

I prefer magma because a) first team bias and b) is it just me or is Courtney awesome as all hell?

7. xerxes

xerxes ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ

Aqua, purely because of their blue uniforms and water types, as opposed to red and fire types, lol. Both of their goals were silly as hell.

8. AnimePsyclone

AnimePsyclone Mew... Mew... Mew...

I prefer Magma because they, like us humans in the real world, only focus on the needs of their species. I like how it makes us gamers feel bad about what the human race has done to our planet: Destroying forests and killing cool creatures. It only made them more satisfying to defeat.

9. Samayouru

Samayouru Rabid Dusclops Fan

Team Aqua for life! I love how much more fun they are and how different they are from more serious teams in the franchise. Something that hasn't been seen until Team Skull.

10. lemoncatpower

lemoncatpower Cynical Optimist

team magma! or rather i like beating them morel ol

11. Mightilicious

Mightilicious Gen 3 Dark Type User

Mine is Team Magma mainly caused of their horned hoods ^-^

Also Maxie's red hair looks so legit *-*

12. Mrs. Oreo

Mrs. Oreo Banned

Team Aqua is my favourite set of villains from Hoenn, although I do like Team Magma somewhat as well, just not as much cuz Team Magma's uniforms look uncomfortably warm ha ha. Team Aqua kind of has a pirate theme going on, which I really like.

13. Alloutℯ

Alloutℯ Banned

Gotta go with Team Magma, because as asinine as their land growth delusions were, at least it would have greatly helped mankind unlike Team Aqua's sea rise plan.

14. Xuxuba

Xuxuba Well-Known Member

Team Magma's goal made more sense, so i'll go with Team Magma.

15. Dragalge

Dragalge This is more than 20 characters long

I liked Team Aqua more since their designs are much cooler then Team Magma's in my opinion and their ORAS redesigns made them look a lot better personally. Plus I like the idea that they are pirates of sorts as well.

16. NPT

NPT Well-Known Member

Team Magma because their designs are cool. Not to mention, land expansion makes more sense for a region with such a great amount of oceans.

17. Both teams are pretty ridiculous. I'll go with Aqua simply because I played Sapphire and AlphaSapphire. I also prefer pirates over... whatever Team Magma are supposed to be with their horns and such.

18. PsychoBoost

PsychoBoost Carbon Dioxide

I prefer Aqua, more weird and mysterious. Their goal involves the sea and you might wonder why, since it's not a usual habitat.

They are kinda ridiculous compared to the earlier villains though, yea.

19. Bananarama

Bananarama Another trophy

I like Team Aqua because of their blue costumes. I also liked using Dive to find them underwater and battle them.

20. ToonsJazzLover

ToonsJazzLover Active Member

Team Magma. Their goal is less crazy than Aqua, and I like their designs. Also, this is one of the reasons why I prefer to play Ruby version to the Sapphire version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.