• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite evil team: Magma or Aqua?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Ruby & Sapphire introduced two villainous teams: Team Magma and Team Aqua. Both had pros and cons.

Which one is your favorite?

I've always liked Team Magma the most since their whole land expansion plan benefited humans too, and not just Pokemon like Team Aqua's plan.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Of the two, the Magma-dan/Team Magma interested me more due to my favoritism toward Ruby version and Groudon, although I never warmed up to Matsubusa/Maxie.

Kalosian

So long
I don't really like either team more than the other. They were both equally silly. And now they are equally good, if we go by the remakes. I honestly never cared much about their differences when I played the originals, though the remakes fixed that and made them feel different compared to each other. But I still don't have a favorite. They are tied as my third favorite evil teams in the series behind Plasma and Galactic (not including the ones from Gen 7 yet).

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
I'll go with Magma. Although they were both pretty cartoonish in their debut generation (the remakes definitely did improve on them, though), I liked Magma's outfits better than Aqua's. Their goal also makes more sense in a region like Hoenn.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I like Team Aqua best as I prefer Water type Pokemon and I like the blue colour scheme of their uniforms.
Plus, I've ended up seeing the Aqua storyline more than the Magma one, due to Ruby being my main version of the RS pair and Sapphire being the one I've replayed multiple times.

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
Aqua, purely because of their blue uniforms and water types, as opposed to red and fire types, lol. Both of their goals were silly as hell.

AnimePsyclone

Mew... Mew... Mew...
I prefer Magma because they, like us humans in the real world, only focus on the needs of their species. I like how it makes us gamers feel bad about what the human race has done to our planet: Destroying forests and killing cool creatures. It only made them more satisfying to defeat.

Mightilicious

Gen 3 Dark Type User
Mine is Team Magma mainly caused of their horned hoods ^-^

Also Maxie's red hair looks so legit *-*

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Team Aqua is my favourite set of villains from Hoenn, although I do like Team Magma somewhat as well, just not as much cuz Team Magma's uniforms look uncomfortably warm ha ha. Team Aqua kind of has a pirate theme going on, which I really like.

Alloutℯ

Banned
Gotta go with Team Magma, because as asinine as their land growth delusions were, at least it would have greatly helped mankind unlike Team Aqua's sea rise plan.

NPT

Just a member
Team Magma because their designs are cool. Not to mention, land expansion makes more sense for a region with such a great amount of oceans.

PsychoBoost

Carbon Dioxide
I prefer Aqua, more weird and mysterious. Their goal involves the sea and you might wonder why, since it's not a usual habitat.

They are kinda ridiculous compared to the earlier villains though, yea.

ToonsJazzLover

Team Magma. Their goal is less crazy than Aqua, and I like their designs. Also, this is one of the reasons why I prefer to play Ruby version to the Sapphire version.

Status
Not open for further replies.