• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite fire pokemon starter?

Favorite fire starter?

• Total voters

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
Favorite fire starter?

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Cyndaquil, as Typhlosion is quite fast, doesn't look too humanoid, and gets the rare and powerful Eruption.

Ryker101

Charmander (by itself) but in terms of final evos, Incineroar > Charizard > Skeledirge > Infernape > Emboar then the rest

RedJirachi

Veteran member
That's a tough one. If it is just the first stage it'd probably be Cyndaquil, but if we're including the final stage I'm going to have to pick between Blaziken, Incineroar and Skeledirge

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
I voted for Cyndaquil because I think it's pretty cute, evolves into the badass (Hisuian) Typhlosion and I had a ton of fun using the line in my HeartGold file from 2012, which I think is quite possibly my best in-game team and the game I love the most. I don't have any strong feelings for any of the Fire starters though, they're all pretty much "fine" to me. Not outstanding. The Chimchar and Fuecoco lines are a bit above the rest, and design wise are probably better than the Cyndaquil line, but my love for that HeartGold file clinches it.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
In terms of final evolutions it would be Skeledirge followed by Infernape and Charizard. While Emboar is my least favourite design-wise it still fairly decent.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
For all 3 stages it's super close between the Chimchar and Litten lines. Incineroar is my favorite Pokémon but Infernape was originally and will always hold a place in my heart as my first Pokémon ever.

GarchompTheAssassin

Water starter fan
Cyndaquil > Charmander > Fennekin > Chimchar > Torchic > Litten > Scorbunny > Tepig

Typhlosion > Charizard > Infernape > Blaziken > Delphox/Hisuian Typhlosion > Emboar > Incineroar > Cinderace

Red and Blue

Before Gen 6 it was the Charmander line. But after playing Omega Ruby I really grew to love Torchic and its evolutions. Litten and its evolutions comes in third behind Torchic and Charmander.

raichu27

That's a tough one. I would probably say Litten. I always liked the idea of seeing a fire type cat Pokemon.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Litten and Fuecoco is a very close second.

The rest is random for me.

Morp

Fiery lizard that turns into a Dragon! Pretty easy choice, and metal af!!! My second choice would have been the Monkey.

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
1. Charmander
2. Chimchar
3. Litten
4. Cyndaquil
5. Torchic
6. Fuecoco
7. Fennekin
8. Scorbunny
9. Tepig