• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Fire Starter Poll

Favorite Fire Starter

• Charmander

Votes: 16 23.2%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 18 26.1%
  • Torchic

Votes: 21 30.4%
  • Chimchar

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • Tepig

Votes: 4 5.8%

• Total voters

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Torchic is my favorite (because who doesn't love a baby chicken), but I like Charmander and Cyndaquil as well. Tepig is also cute, though I don't like his evolutions that much. Chimchar is just okay.

Though Fennekin may end up taking the title once X and Y come out, depending on whether I like its evolutions better than Torchic's.

Lluc

Not a Very Well-Known Member
Torchic, it's a chicken that will cook YOU. It even becomes a pro wrestler when it evolves. It's kinda cute too.

Fennekin looks adorable though, depending on its evolutions it may beat Torchic.

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
Cyndaquil or Chimchar for me. I went with Cyndaquil because I slightly prefer Thyphlosion. I'm not a huge fan of the Hoenn/Unova fire starters, but they're cool (punically ironic). I just don't like Charmander line.

Cloud_Arcanine

Scarlett starlett
Cyndaquil, although if I had played generation three games I'd have probably said Torchic (it's also joint cutest alongside Cyndaquil)

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Torchic.

Because along with Cyndaquil and Fennekin, it's the only Fire Starter I do like.

Charmander's ok though, but I absolutely HATE the Tepig and Chimchar lines, the only Pokémon of which I dislike in any form.

*~Silver*~

I voted as honestly as I can, and my favorite of all the fire starters is... Bacon! I don't care what you have to say about it. Tepig is by far my favorite of the Fire/Fighting starters, and takes the place of my favorite Fire starter with competition only with Cyndaquil. The first and foremost reason I like Tepig is actually just because of what animal it's based on. I have no idea why, but ever since I was a kid pigs have just been my favorite animal. I guess I found it interesting how clean and smart they are despite everything they're "known" for. I also found that Emboar is probably the Fire/Fighting stater that requires the most strategy witch is something I enjoy with Pokemon. The more strategy is needed for a Pokemon the more fun, and more diverse the move sets can be. Lastly, I will compare it to the other Fire/Fighting staters. Now remember, this is just my opinion, and I will be pretty direct with it. I see no point in sugarcoating something that others won't agree with no matter what... So, here we go. Blaziken is a mutant chicken, and Infernape... Well, honestly I just don't like monkeys very much, and the blue toes bother me a little. I don't dislike either of those Pokemon, but when their major competition is that of my favorite animal turned into a starter Pokemon it doesn't make them look as good to me. Besides, Tepig is adorable, Pignite is also cute, but in a different way, and Emboar just looks awesome. However, I will admit that there is one thing that I would have changed about Emboar. I would have done something different with it's neck rather than taking the same thing that was put on Typhlosion. I really liked the fire-collar on Typhlosion and it was really unique to the Volcano Pokemon. More-or-less, Tepig is my favorite Fire starter, and I hope I've given you some good reason behind it.

ECM

I would have to say Cyndaquil is my favorite. But I love all of them. It would be very difficult for me to list them from favorite to least favorite

adamfitz

poké-lover
I have never picked a fire starter
But of all I liked cyndaquil the best its just so cute

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
Cyndaquil is the only Fire Starter I like more than the other 2 starters. Although, Chimchar comes at a very close second.

Estellise

peachy
Torchic. It was my first starter, plus I think it's really cute, and its evolutions are kickass. I also like Charmander, and Cyndaquil. ;P

skittlepup

Braixen is MINE ;)
The only time I've picked a Fire-type starter pre-GenVI ('cuz I'm going with Fennekin) was HG, because my runthrough of SS was with Totodile.

But I have to say Charmander because I love its design and how it evolves into a Fire/Flying type.

I ADORE Chimchar, it has IMO, the best evolutoinary chain, has a GREAT movepool. Then torchic, has the second best evolutoinary chain, another great movepool