• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Fire Type Pokèmon?

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Strangely, it's also benefitted from relatively little anime attention until quite recently, so it still possesses a veneer of mystery and exclusivity in my mind's eye.

Ho-Oh literally appeared at the end of the very first episode of the anime, although of course we didn't know it was Ho-Oh then. Maybe the animators put it there as a hint that there would be a lot more than the then-known 150 Pokémon, since Gold/Silver were in development as early as 1997 when the anime started.

1: Darmanitan. Has sat comfortably in my top six since the Gen V spoiler season. His psychotic grin, his psychotic power, his gait, the fact that you can catch him early enough for him to pull his weight in a run-through, the fact that no in-game NPC really makes much use of him - I love it all.

N had a Darmanitan, I think. In B2/W2, if you did the Memory Link with the original Black/White, you could catch his escaped Pokémon in the wild.

Last edited:

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
My favourite Fire types per generation:

1. Ninetales
  2. Houndoom
  3. Blaziken
  4. Infernape (not much choice in this gen)
  5. Chandelure
  6. Talonflame
  7. Salazzle
  8. Cinderace

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Incineroar just makes me laugh so hard, and it became one of my favorite characters in SSB Ultimate. The tiger got quite the personality, and the reveal trainer sold me :)

What's especially funny is when it uses Flamethrower. :D

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
My favorites are all the fire starters in each region, and out of those, the Tepig evolution line is my favorite.

Being a Fire starter fan, I also love all the Fire starters, but my absolute favourites are Torchic, Tepig, Fennekin and Litten.

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
Infernape, Typhlosion, Belly Drum Charizard, and Moltres.

Hard to pick between Infernape and Belly Drum Charizard though. Both are quite scary if they’re maxed out on speed and attack.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
3)
467.png
Magmortar
It has arm cannons! And claws! And is from Sinnoh! It's a super cool Fire type. I like the whole line really, I have fond memories of using Magmar in HeartGold for a while and Magby is kind-of cute. It learns a lot of cool moves like Psychic, Thunderbolt and Cross Chop and feels like a powerful final form much like Electivire does for it's evolution line. Plus Paul used it in the anime and it was really cool especially in the battle vs. Ash at Lake Acuity.

2)
105-a.png
Alolan Marowak
Marowak needed something to reignite (pun intended) some use in the franchise and this Alolan form nailed it perfectly! I love watching it dance and fight, I like the colour scheme and again, I liked it in the anime! Admittedly I've not used it because Gamefreak thought giving it Shadow Bone the level before it evolved was a genius idea (spoiler alert: it was not) and USUM is required for it to have a usable STAB in Fire Punch. But I like it!

1)
609.png
Chandelure
Seems I like the Fire/Ghost types quite a bit, but the spooky chandelier is absolutely my favourite. It hits like an absolute monster and learns the moves it needs to in order to be effective. It did not get a particularly good showing in the anime (I want Ash to have one though in the new series) but despite that it's just so cool, you know? I have fond memories of it and Eelektross as a duo actually (probably because you catch Tynamo just before Litwick in Black/White, and the train dudes use them, and they both evolve into their next form at around the same level and evolve again via a stone) but I've never used it properly. Maybe it's time to change that!

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I have fond memories of it and Eelektross as a duo actually (probably because you catch Tynamo just before Litwick in Black/White, and the train dudes use them, and they both evolve into their next form at around the same level and evolve again via a stone)

Wasn't Tynamo rather rare in B/W? I think it only had a 5% chance of appearing on a specific floor of a cave (maybe Chargestone Cave?) or something.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
Wasn't Tynamo rather rare in B/W? I think it only had a 5% chance of appearing on a specific floor of a cave (maybe Chargestone Cave?) or something.

I believe it was a 2% on every floor except the last floor, where it was 8% I think? But it came at Level 27 and only knew Tackle, Spark, Charge Beam and Thunder Wave and levelled slowly for the next 12 levels to get Eelektrik, which admittedly you could evolve instantly into Eelektross and teach it almost every TM option under the sun (it got Flamethrower of all things, like goddamn!). Compared with Litwick, who was found in Celestial Tower on every floor very commonly but also had rather iffy moves and levelled slowly to 41 and Lampent (and again, you'd have a Dusk Stone by then I think) I always found myself using both together and they became a duo much like Electivire/Magmortar!

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I believe it was a 2% on every floor except the last floor, where it was 8% I think? But it came at Level 27 and only knew Tackle, Spark, Charge Beam and Thunder Wave and levelled slowly for the next 12 levels to get Eelektrik, which admittedly you could evolve instantly into Eelektross and teach it almost every TM option under the sun (it got Flamethrower of all things, like goddamn!).

I've always wondered why an eel can learn a Fire-type move? o_O