• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Fire Type Pokèmon?

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Just noticed we have threads for your favorite of the other two starter Types so it seems natural to add on for Fire. What’s your favorite Fire Type and why?

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Fire is my all-time favourite type, but my biggest Fire favourite is Blaziken. I have so many memories of choosing Torchic in both the original Ruby and its remake, so it's natural that Blaziken would be my favourite. I've pretty much always chosen the Fire starter since Gen 3.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Favorite shinies per gen
  • Gen I: Charizard, duh, though the Ponyta line has become a close second
  • Gen II: Ho-oh. Just, the gold and silver coloration is too amazing to pass
  • Gen III: Camerupt. Not much to choose, but it is black and one of my few
  • Gen IV: Magmortar. Less to choose, but it has the right recoloration, making it come off as even hotter than it already was
  • Gen V: Volcarona. It looks like the sun even more and its a really good shade of yellow, that's only improved over time
  • Gen VI: Delphox. Unorthodox color, but it looks good on this line
  • Gen VII: Blacephalon. Has this spooky yet fascinating coloration. Also, the only Pokemon who has a move that reflects its shininess

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Fire is my all-time favourite type, but my biggest Fire favourite is Blaziken. I have so many memories of choosing Torchic in both the original Ruby and its remake, so it's natural that Blaziken would be my favourite. I've pretty much always chosen the Fire starter since Gen 3.
In my experience with OR/AS, picking Torchic does make for a much smoother playthrough than the other two, so Torchic/Combusken/Blaziken is hands down my favourite Hoenn starter.
For general favourite Fire-types, I like Charizard, Emboar, Darmanitan, Volcarona, Delphox, Pyroar and Salazzle. I really want to like Camerupt, ut every time I've used it in OR/AS I've ran into a lot of problems with it. Numel before evolving is an absolutely terrible Pokemon, and even when it does evolve into Camerupt it was never that great for me. The Solid Rock ability did help out a bit though.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Actual List
  • Gen I: It's a toss-up, but I ultimately go by Ninetales. It always had that mysticism that intrigued me
  • Gen II: It might be considered cheating, but Ho-oh. It was always that gloriously beautiful legendary I couldn't get in my childhood. At least until HeartGold
  • Gen III: Blaziken. Camerupt had decent bulk and typing, but Blaziken was the Fire type starter I first fell in love with.
  • Gen IV: Not much to choose. Personally I'd go with Magmortar as I have a personal attachment(it was the Fire type on my first balanced full team) and it has this cool hand cannon
  • Gen V: Chandelure. Not a pain to get unlike Volcarona, nice and spooky, potent Sp Atk
  • Gen VI: None really stood out to me, but if you twisted my arm I'd go Volcanion because it has a type combination I've wanted for ages
  • Gen VII: Salazzle. The type combination helps with this, even if it's a bit of a glass cannon

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Gen IV: Not much to choose. Personally I'd go with Magmortar as I have a personal attachment(it was the Fire type on my first balanced full team) and it has this cool hand cannon

Sinnoh didn't have a lot of Fire types, apart from the Chimchar family and Magmortar. Maybe because it's a cold region? Alola, ironically, didn't have a lot of Fire types either, despite having a volcano. Fire tends to be a pretty rare type.

Last edited:

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
Gen I - Ninetales
Gen II - Houndoom
Gen III - Torchic
Gen IV - Infernape
Gen V - Volcarona or Chandelure
Gen VI - Pyroar or Talonflame
Gen VII - Salazzle
Gen VIII - Centiskorch

Last edited:

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
Emboar! Though if we’re talking every gen

Gen 1.Charizard

Gen 2.Houndoom

Gen 3.Blaziken

Gen 4.Infernape

Gen 5.Emboar/Chandelure

Gen 6.Talonflame or Mega Charizard Y

Gen 7.Alolan Marowak or Salazzle

Last edited:

RoughCoronet0

Dragon lover
Looks like I might be making the rounds for favorite Pokemon threads, but sticking to the fire types...

10. Rapidash (I love the design contrast of a unicorn and a nightmare. These two mythical equines are vastly different and yet they work very well here.)
9. Emboar (This is actually my favorite of the fire/fighting starters. I love the flaming boar design and it’s Chinese influence. Plus it’s a beast in battle)
8. Houndoom (I love the gothic hell hound design, being a fan of angel/demon motifs in video games)
7. Chandelure (Such a wonderful Halloween vibe, spooky yet elegant.)
6. Incineroar (I love this tough looking yet soft-hearted heel wrestler, there is so much personality in this Pokemon)
5. Delphox (I actually really like it’s wise robed mage look, as it reminds me a bit of the mages from Dragon Age)
4. Salazzle (I love this sassy fire salamander, so confident in its design. This was a very fun Pokemon to use)
3. Charizard (Yes, I admit it.....I’m a huge Charizard fan. Been a fan since gen 1. Between it’s appearances in the anime and it’s Mega Y and Gigantamax forms....it’s just too cool to ignore for me)
2. Ninetales (I love foxes, I love the legends of kitsunes and of course it’s similarities to Kurama no Kyuubi from the Naruto series. I always name my Ninetales after the demon fox or Naruto....even the alolan form.
1. Volcarona (The ascetics of this fire moth just work way too well, and it’s a monster of a battler. Plus it’s lore of being akin to a second sun is fascinating.)

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
Looks like I might be making the rounds for favorite Pokemon threads, but sticking to the fire types...

10. Rapidash (I love the design contrast of a unicorn and a nightmare. These two mythical equines are vastly different and yet they work very well here.)
9. Emboar (This is actually my favorite of the fire/fighting starters. I love the flaming boar design and it’s Chinese influence. Plus it’s a beast in battle)
8. Houndoom (I love the gothic hell hound design, being a fan of angel/demon motifs in video games)
6. Incineroar (I love this tough looking yet soft-hearted heel wrestler, there is so much personality in this Pokemon)
5. Delphox (I actually really like it’s wise robed mage look, as it reminds me a bit of the mages from Dragon Age)
4. Salazzle (I love this sassy fire salamander, so confident in its design. This was a very fun Pokemon to use)
3. Charizard (Yes, I admit it.....I’m a huge Charizard fan. Been a fan since gen 1. Between it’s appearances in the anime and it’s Mega Y and Gigantamax forms....it’s just too cool to ignore for me)
2. Ninetales (I love foxes, I love the legends of kitsunes and of course it’s similarities to Kurama no Kyuubi from the Naruto series. I always name my Ninetales after the demon fox or Naruto....even the alolan form.
1. Volcarona (The ascetics of this fire moth just work way too well, and it’s a monster of a battler. Plus it’s lore of being akin to a second sun is fascinating.)

Wow another person that actually likes Emboar.Respect

Last edited:

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros

Lots of respect for liking Emboar, Delphox, and Incineroar.