• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Fire Type Pokèmon?

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Too bad Sinnoh only introduced like 3 fire types it was definitely the worst region for fire types.Johto and Hoenn also weren’t great for fire types either.

Which is kind of ironic in Hoenn's case, as it had a big volcano in the middle. Alola didn't either, and it also had a volcano.

Fire types actually tend to be kind of rare overall, as fire doesn't often occur in nature (except for volcanoes and forest fires).

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
Besides the starters we got the following evolutionary family’s:

Kanto: Magnar,Arcanine,Ninetales,Moltres,Rapidash

Johto: Slugma,Houndoom,Entei

Hoenn: Torkoal,Camerupt

Sinnoh: Magmortor,Heatran

Unova: Darmanitan,Chandelure,Heatmor,

Kalos: Pyroar,Talonflame

Alola: Salazzle,Alola Marowak,Blacephalon,

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Gen 1: Flareon
Gen 2: Houndoom or Ho-oh
Gen 3: Torkoal
Gen 4: Infernape but Magmortar and Heatran are really close
Gen 5: Really hard. I did a Mono Fire playthrough during Gen 5’s initial release and I loved all of Unova’s Fire types. It’s either Victini, Emboar, Darmanitan, Chandelure, or Volcarona.
Gen 6: Delphox
Gen 7: Incineroar line
Gen 8: Scorbunny

Alita54

(Mega) Charizard probably. Delphox, Litten, Torracat, Moltres, Typhlosion, Arcanine, Ponyta, and Rapidash get honorary mentions tho.

Red and Blue

Gen 1: the entire Charmander line and Mega forms and Arcanine
Gen 2: Magby
Gen 3: the entire Torchic line plus mega form and Torkoal
Gen 4: none of the fire types strike out to me
Gen 5: Darmanitan and Volcarona
Gen 6: Talonflame, Pyroar, and Volcanion
Gen 7: the entire Litten line is sheer perfection. Side mention goes to Salazzle
Gen 8: Scorbunny.

KingstonUponHulbury

I don't tend to like many sleek or elegant Pokemon, which has historically made me somewhat cool (har har) on Fire-types, but on reflection there's quite a handful that don't fit that mould.

1: Darmanitan. Has sat comfortably in my top six since the Gen V spoiler season. His psychotic grin, his psychotic power, his gait, the fact that you can catch him early enough for him to pull his weight in a run-through, the fact that no in-game NPC really makes much use of him - I love it all.

2: Ho-oh. Not only was Gold my first game, but Ho-oh continues to be powerful and interesting in a way that very few box-art legendaries are. An extremely powerful physical attacker, with an excellent offensive typing, that's 4x weak to Stealth Rock... that spreads status, has multiple forms of reliable recovery, and generally plays defensive roles? Count me in. Strangely, it's also benefitted from relatively little anime attention until quite recently, so it still possesses a veneer of mystery and exclusivity in my mind's eye.

3: Emboar. Massive points for turning most Fire-type tropes on their head, and I love the color palate. Oink oink SMASH.

4: Coalossal. I'm firmly on the 'should-have-looked-more-like-a-train' train, but as a lover of gnarly Rock-types and a big Galar fanboy, this guy natually scores pretty highly regardless.