1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Friendships

Discussion in 'Animé Polls' started by PorcelainVulpix, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Kintaro

Kintaro Banned

Who is interested in this next week:

[​IMG]

Lana/Mallow's friendship is also underrated, remember they knew each other since they were kids.
    [​IMG]

Whitelily likes this.
  2. shoz999

shoz999 Do you wanna try a good Tapu Cocoa? My treat.

Underrated? Yeah... I don't know about that lol... you... you should check out the face-off section some time.

3. PorcelainVulpix

PorcelainVulpix justice for johto

I can’t believe I forgot to mention the Trio. Probably the closest in the whole series lol.

Also wanted to add Pikachu/Misty and May/Dawn.

Lunalah, Emelie and RaymondCreek like this.
  4. DatsRight

DatsRight Well-Known Member

I admit to having a soft spot for Ash and Sophocles, maybe because I like simple vs intellectual duos that are NOT completely one sided or fall into one note cliches (eg. the simple guy being too dumb to live, or the intellectual being a contemptuous snob). The two have a surprisingly reasonable amount of mutual grounds despite Ash and Sophocles being on the opposite ends of the education and physical spectrums, and cases like Sophocles helping research Ash's Z Power or Ash getting Sophocles Charjabug are pretty cute. Plus a friendly and respectful jock and nerd duo is a rare treat in fiction.

I kinda liked Ash and Clemont in very early XY for similar reasons, but then Ash got blander and blander and the chemistry faded. It never flanderised into the aforementioned stereotypes however, even as Clemont slowly became comic relief limelight wise, Ash saw him as his equal.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  5. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

1. Ash/Brock/Dawn - The perfect friendship. Brock was the older brother figure to both(And to date he's still Ash's closest male friend) and Dawn is the best candidate to consider Ash's best human friend

And the TRio of course!

2. Misty/Max - Still the best and honestly only good interaction between old and new so far.

3. Ash/Kiawe/Soph - BROS!
    Mallow and everyone. She's so precious

4. Ash and Gary - Their friendship is magic... I really wish they'd bring Gary back already >.<

5. Misty and Tracey - underrated ship pairing. If you've watched Chronicles they have a very great friendship and it's nice to see that as they didn't really have that much interaction with one another while they were with Ash.

6. May and Drew

6. Kintaro

Kintaro Banned

Considering Gary missed both Kanto nostalgia 2-parters in SM, it's safe to say he probably won't ever appear in the anime again. I can't see him appearing for anything in the future if he missed Kanto nostalgia eps.

7. raichu27

raichu27 Well-Known Member

Ash and Dawn - They have such a good bond.

Brock and Misty - Both are gym leaders that traveled with Ash.

Brock and Tracey

Dawn and May - They're both great coordinators, and former companions of Ash.

Serena and Clemont

Cilan and Iris

Ash and Gary - Interesting on how they became friends again.

Ash and Ritchie - They both have similar Pokemon.

That's all I can think of right now.

8. Peter Harrison

Peter Harrison Well-Known Member

Dawn and Ash have a great friendship and Pearlshipping is cool in general.

And May and Drew’s friendship as well

Kuzehiko and Barry Hernandez like this.
  9. Pikachu979

Pikachu979 Sinnoh Champion

My Favorite has to be Ash and Dawn. Not only for their strong bond but the bond of Pikachu and Piplup as well

10. J.Agera

J.Agera Reigen Arataka's special move

Uhhh there are so many, I can't choose.

MockingJ and EmberFireTrainer like this.
  11. PorcelainVulpix

PorcelainVulpix justice for johto

I'm starting to like the Ash and Lillie friendship now too.

I like Ash's friendships with Misty, Dawn, and Lillie the most because they're all unique but they're handled well and they're believable. With Misty, they started off as basically enemies and ended up ride or dies whether they admit or not. With Dawn, they were so similar and they vibed well. It's like that one friend that you meet and click with from the start and form a natural genuine friendship. With Lillie, I love how much he helps her. I get big brother/little sister vibes in a way and I think it's adorable.

MockingJ and LilligantLewis like this.
  12. LilligantLewis

LilligantLewis primarina donna

He's a better big brother to her than GLADION is

Sham, MockingJ and Pikachu979 like this.
  13. MockingJ

MockingJ Banned

Ash's friendship with Dawn was amazingly done. They really seemed almost like siblings than just friends and I liked that song that they did together during one of the Japanese openings (I forget the name).

14. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ No Need To Worry...Yet

Now that SM is nearing its end,I would like to add Ash and Lillie's sibling-like friendship, with Ash acting like a big brother towards Lillie.

Sham and RaymondCreek like this.
  15. LilligantLewis

LilligantLewis primarina donna

High Touch!

16. EmberFireTrainer

EmberFireTrainer Still vacationing in Aloha

Ash and Gary! I love that friendship!

MockingJ likes this.
  17. RaymondCreek

RaymondCreek Member

do they even count as friends? even after their rivalry ended in johto they barely talked to each other and they seemed more like acquaintances than genuine pals.

gotguts likes this.
  18. shoz999

shoz999 Do you wanna try a good Tapu Cocoa? My treat.

Poipole, Ash & Pikachu. They had a pretty great friendship. To be honest one of the best ones I've seen from the anime. Too bad the conclusion just wasn't satisfying in anyway. I wonder what kids thought of that ending. I'd imagine they probably just move on or something.

19. UDI

UDI Orange Hero

As a group like i think that Ash with his classmates in Alolas has a really good friendship, everyones suportes each another in that group

In a individual side Ash and Dawn has by far the best friendship and the best chemisry and is notable how Ash and Dawn cares each other even in BW Cynthia notices how Ash and Dawn bond is still strong

Ash and Brock is strong too BROTP but i feel too that Ash Misty and Brock has the best trio chemisry, so bad that in johto arc that chemistry be lost a bit

I lile the frindship between the three alola girls soecially the friendship between Mallow and Lana so strong

In the pokemon side

Piplup and Pikachu,
    pikachu and togepi,
    chespin and pancham
    Eevee and bunelby
    Axew and scraggy
    Piplup and oshawott

Lunalah and LilligantLewis like this.
  20. k6666

k6666 Pikachu Fan

Ash, Iris and cilan
    They all just completed each other, the group that has best chemistry tied with os gang, when they not afraid teasing each other but yet still support each other, i just wish their goodbye is more emotional

Iris and dawn, i thought dawn girlines would contrast with Iris wild attitude but we got dawn become more livelier and they just like connect with each other

Lunalah and LilligantLewis like this.