• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Friendships

Emelie

Bookworm
I think Satoshi, Takeshi and Kasumi had the most entertaining relationship. I really like their snarky humor even as an adult. The romantic subplot between Satoshi and Kasumi was OK but I don't like how she was fooling around with all these older guys in order to make Satoshi jealous. Rewatching this as an adult feels very strange because Kasumi is so naive. :eek:

Team Rocket were also great in OS, episodes like the one featuring Kojiro's backstory and the princess festival when they tried to cheer Musashi up (through questionable means but it's the thought that counts :p).

But I also like how respectful everybody was towards each other in Kalos. It made them feel older and a little bit more mature. I like the romantic subplot between Satoshi and Serena too because the writers actually took her feelings seriously instead of portraying it as something embarassing.

If we ignore her cameo in BW, I also think Hikari and Satoshi had a great relationship. It was great that they were both very goal-oriented, they truly felt like equals. Satoshi even traded Pokémon with her and used some of her contest moves in the league!

I felt this was something that I missed during XY because it felt like Satoshi was so superior to Serena although this was accumulated in the Winding Woods episode when Satoshi lashed out on Serena which in the end lead to some much needed conflict and character development. If Hikari and Takeshi had been there I think this wouldn't have happened though.

SM has too many characters. Lillie and Mallow could have been great but it wasn't developed. I'm not too crazy about Lana and Mallow because I think they should have tied together Mallow's and Lillie's backstories instead. Lana doesn't have a sad backstory, while she might feel bad for Mallow I don't think she can relate to her the same way Lillie can.

If we are talking about trainer and Pokémon I think Musashi had a great relationship with Dustox. I also like her relationship with Mimikyu, I just wish it was developed better. It was also great to see Musashi be protective of Bewear's child, it shows that she can feel empathy towards others after all. She was actually kind of smart when she tricked Matori which was nice to see for a change!

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

Leonhart

Imagineer
I like Satoshi's friendship with Kasumi. They got along more like brother and sister during OS since they would bicker amongst each other often, but that's changed a bit ever since AG and now they get along more like real friends. I also liked Satoshi's friendship with Hikari.

Emelie

Bookworm
Why do you feel like it needs to be ignored?

I think there was some group pressure between Dawn and Iris because they were both girls. It felt like she was trying too hard to get Iris to like her. I always thought Dawn was super positive but this cameo showed that she can actually be really negative which was disappointing to me since I thought her super positive character was cute.

I would have preferred if Dawn had inspired Iris to be more positive instead of the other way around. Especially since Iris' negativity was portrayed as a character flaw to some extent and was addressed in an episode towards the end of the series. I think it would have been interesting if Dawn was the one who helped Iris solve the conflict between her and Ash. It would have lead to some good character development and made Dawn's cameo more relevant to the overall plot.

They had different goals so Dawn couldn't really help her grow as a trainer like May did during her cameo in DP but mabye she could have helped her grow as a person instead?

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Gladion has to be ash's best friend during ther SM timeline, gary is a frind as well but ash and gary truly became friends once after there johto league match, whereas ash and gladion are friends/rival in the course of SM timeline.

Sinnohrept

I'll break this up into groups.

Best friendship with Ash among the girls:

1. Misty
2. Dawn
3. Lillie (I suppose?)
4. Serena

5. May/Iris/Mallow/Lana are all interchangeable here. There's nothing really too notable about these 4 and their interactions with Ash.

Best friendships with Ash among the males:

1. Brock
2. Clemont
3. Kiawe
4. Cilan

Clemont and Kiawe are pretty close though, for different reasons. I guess Sophocles, Max and Tracey had weaker friendships.

Best friendships with Brock:

1. Misty

Best friendships among the groups:

1. Lana/Mallow (they were friends since kids)
2. Mallow/Lillie
3. Serena/Bonnie

Hm, I don't think I really mentioned May much, I don't really think she had much strong ties among the cast at all. I can't list Max because he's her brother, and overall, she felt like she had no real reason to be traveling with Ash/Brock after awhile.