• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Galarian Form?

Favorite Galarian Form?

• Total voters

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
What’s your favorite regional form from the Galar region and why?

Not counting regional evolutions as they’ll get their own thread. Due to the limit of options for polls barely fitting the amount of forms, evolution lines are put in the same category.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Galarian Meowth and his evolution Perrserker. Namely due to the color scheme, the black coin, the orange cat-eyes, his berserk stance, how his claws turn into knives and his hearty laugh.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I've made my opinion clear on how I feel about regional variants in the past, so I'll just reiterate that I find the concept to be rather contrived and just an indolent way for Game Freak to revamp old Pokemon. On that note, I do at least find Galarian Jiguzaguma (Zigzagoon) to be quite adorable. It looks feisty and I enjoy its fur pattern.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

SkysEevee

Not your average eevee
Galarian Corsola

It references the dying coral reef situation here in real life. I like how GF brought in our world's issues into the Pokemon universe to bring awareness while giving an old, ignored pokemon new life.
And besides, galarian corsola is pretty cute. It has some interesting details in Pokemon Camp

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Galarian Meowth and his evolution Perrserker. Namely due to the color scheme, the black coin, the orange cat-eyes, his berserk stance, how his claws turn into knives and his hearty laugh.

Also, Perrserker is actually pretty good. I've been using Perrserker in online double battles, and it's been causing a lot of trouble for opponents. Thanks to it holding an Assault Vest, it's quite hard to actually fully deplete its HP. Here's a battle I did where Perrserker got burned and STILL managed to defeat two of the opponent's Pokémon:

It's also amusing to me to see Perrserker's design be so similar to Galarian Meowth's, as opposed to Kantonian and Alolan Meowth, whose Persian forms are pretty different. People seem to underestimate Perrserker out of hand because all they see is "Bigger Meowth."

Galarian Corsola

It references the dying coral reef situation here in real life. I like how GF brought in our world's issues into the Pokemon universe to bring awareness while giving an old, ignored pokemon new life.
And besides, galarian corsola is pretty cute. It has some interesting details in Pokemon Camp

I voted for Galarian Corsola for the same reasons. I also didn't realize that its branches were ethereal until I got ahold of one and I noticed they were wiggling and waving.

Cursola is also quite interesting from a design standpoint too. It looks like the bigger varieties of coral, also bleached, but it's more of that ethereal stuff. Cursola is actually less massive than Corsola, as the only parts left are its core and the bottom part of its shell. It only looks big because the ectoplasm, which weighs nothing, is holding up its core. From a gameplay standpoint, Cursola is also interesting because it's centered around sacrificing itself to inflict various effects on the opponent. It, and Galarian Corsola, get moves like Destiny Bond, Grudge, Perish Song, and Curse. And because of its stats, you use Cursola completely differently depending on if you're facing a physical attacker or a special attacker.

Dicklaycia

Objectively Better Than You
I voted for Galarian Corsola, because I enjoy its design for a variety of reasons. It’s based on bleached coral reefs, so I like that it calls attention to a real issue in addition to having a unique approach for a Galarian-form Pokémon that may not have adapted as well to a certain region.

The branches being made of ectoplasm was a really neat touch. I liked it and Cursola’s designs when I saw them, so I decided to use them for myself on my in-game team. I actually got pretty lucky on having the ideal weather for finding Corsola when I first went looking for it in the Wild Area. I heard its cry before I saw it, and was perplexed when I saw what was looked to me like just a white-colored stone chilling in the grass, and it was then that I realized that its branches were an intangible part of its body. It certainly wasn’t an easy catch!

Once I got ahold of it, it was a pivotal part of my team and won me many battles. Corsola’s bulk wasn’t inconsequential, especially with Eviolite! It’s a shame that mine was about evolved by the time I got Eviolite, but hey, I was largely satisfied with it.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Galarian Ponyta and Rapidash are so cute-looking. Almost like My Little Ponyta. :D

Galarian Zigzagoon and Linoone look like they came straight out of Kiss, and Galarian Darmanitan’s type combo is a pretty interesting, if oxymoronic, one. I’ve always wondered what a Fire/Ice Pokémon would look like, and how it would fare in battle.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Gotta say G.Corsola.

There is just something prefect about it. Like. I can almost imagine seeing a normal Corsola go pale and it's spikes/horns break off and the white comes out as it begins to float.

Changing Water/Rock to Ghost somehow works great (although a dual type Rock/Ghost or Water/Ghost would've been preferred). And it's new Evo is great too.

I also like that it keeps alot of tricks from it's non Galarian form giving it some fun options.

EpsilonEagle

Farfetch'd/Sirfetch'd.
Since Gen 1 when I caught a Psyduck I'd call it Ed(Old CBBC host, Ed the Duck), though it never got much use.
In Gen 8 I got a Galarian Farfetch'd, decided to call it Ed, and I do actually use it quite a bit. Well, only Galarian form that get's a lot of time on my team.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Galarian Darmanitan is one of a beast in competitive scene, it never disappoints. Ponyta and Corsola on the other hand are also my favorites if I go by design and concept.

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
Galarian Ponyta and Rapidash are my favorite because their abilities to eliminate Poison stand out to me. I’ve grown to like unicorns much more after reading into their real world myths when G. Ponyta was first revealed. These were also the only forms I used during my main playthrough.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
For me it’s either the Galarian Zigzagoon or Darumaka lines. I liked these Pokémon beforehand but I really like the contrast these forms gave their traditional forms.

I was a bit disappointed we got another Dark/Normal regional rodent (I loved Alolan Ratatta and Raticate) but Zigzagoon and Linoone managed to distinguish themselves with their Dark typing focusing on their rowdiness as opposed to the Alolan’s gluttony/thievery. Plus their tongues being out give them a lot of personality

Darumaka and Darmanitan are kind of the opposite; Zigzagoon/Linoone were previously thought to be relatively calm and docile but Galar has them more aggressive while Darumaka and Darmanitan were usually hyper and passionate but are more mellowed out in Galar. Was never that big on Alolan Ninetales and Sandslash was slightly better, but these feel perfect. Zen Mode Galarian Darmanitan gives me my most wanted type combo, Fire/Ice, with a great design, stats, and an actual useable Zen Mode.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
There are a lot of great ones this time, for me my favourites are Ponyta/Rapidash and Zigzagoon/Linoone. Galarian Ponyta is the most precious little cutie pie, a major improvement over the original as far as I'm concerned, the new ability is useful and I don't mind at all that it's not a Fairy-type. While Galarian Rapidash's design isn't quite as good (I'd like it more if the mane looked more like Ponyta's and less like, well, toothpaste) and I would've preferred if it stayed pure Psychic instead of Psychic/Fairy, it's still a decent update.
I've always appreciated the original Zigzagoon/Linoone because of how much of a boss Linoone can be in battle, and while I'm a bit miffed about the Galar forms being Dark/Normal-types so soon after Alolan Rattata/Raticate, they both still look awesome. I even think they could've worked well on their own without the new evolution, and that's coming from a huge Obstagoon fan.