• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite game from each generation

metagrody6

COMO UN JEFE
What generation would Minecraft be?
Also, what happened to 1st and 2nd generation?

Ampy

Light The Stars
It wasn't cute or funny when you made a thread about it. Your post isn't any cuter or funnier. Knock it off.

Minecraft not Minesweeper >.>

3rd Gen: Super Mario Bros. 3

4th Gen: Super Metroid or Chrono Trigger

5th Gen: Majora's Mask

6th Gen: Metroid Prime

7th Gen: Terraria

Chris

Old Coot
Minecraft.

Minesweeper.

It's all ****, either way. >:|

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Minecraft.

It's all ****, either way. >:|

Hey! Some people might take offense to that. I personally agree though, the demo I got of the Android Market sucks. I'm personally surprised it's been nearly three months since the game came out. I keep thinking I read a review about it only a couple of days ago. Wow, this year is going by fast.

Anyway, my favorite games are

4th Gen: Super Mario World, the few times my dad hooked up our SNES to the TV.

5th Gen: Mario Kart 64, being the only game I ever remember playing on a 64.

6th Gen: Star Wars Battlefront/Super Smash Bros Melee, due to me playing very few games that generation, but consideribly moreso than the last two.

7th Gen: Super Smash Bros Brawl/Super Mario Galaxy 2. SSBB, due to me putting over a thousand hours in, and SMG2 due to being a lot of fun.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Anyway, I'm totally confused about what constitutes each generation, so I'll just say my favorite classic game is Earthbound Zero, my favorite SNES game is Earthbound, and my favorite game from this "generation" has to be Bioshock 2, Portal 2, or Team Fortress 2.

I probably need to play some better games tbh.
A generation starts when a new console is revealed after the current gen consoles have been out for a few years. For example, we are just now entering the 8th gen, starter by the 3DS, which was released 5 years after the last console release of the 7th gen, the PS3.

What generation would Minecraft be?
Also, what happened to 1st and 2nd generation?
1st and 2nd gen? Probably those old gaming machines that only played pong. Don't really know myself. You'll have to do research on your own if you want the answer.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
1st Generation: Pong

2nd Generation: Mario Bros.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Mario Bros wasn't second gen, unless you count arcade machines. Pitfall Harry was a pretty good game so I'll pick that for second gen. Did first gen systems play anything other than Pong?

Last edited:

metagrody6

COMO UN JEFE
1st gen: Ms. Pac Man
3rd gen: Super Mario Bros 2 JP (Lost levels)
4th gen: Mario Paint
5th gen: Super Mario 64
6th gen: Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga, DDR Supernova 1&2
7th gen: SSBB, Minecraft, Terraria, TWEWY

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
3rd gen: Super Mario Bros
4th gen: Super Mario RPG : Legend of the Seven Stars
5th gen: The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask
6th gen: NASCAR 06: Total Team Control
7th gen: The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword or Okami
8th gen: Pikmin 3

Yeah I know I might have gone out on a limb with Pikmin 3 , but I got a real good feeling about that it would be. Though I do have to have that NASCAR game I mentioned got my vote since that I grew up playing the XBOX. I do have to say that either Pikmin 2 ,Super Mario Sunshine , or Wind Waker would get my vote if I played the GameCube when I was a kid. Then again I do have to say that the memory card system with the GameCube would probably make me mad since that I loved the fact my XBOX didn't have memory card problems.

Blazios

3rd gen: Super Mario Bros
4th gen: Super Mario RPG : Legend of the Seven Stars
5th gen: The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask
6th gen: NASCAR 06: Total Team Control
7th gen: The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword or Okami
8th gen: Pikmin 3

For the record, Okami was out first on PS2, making it 6th gen (Even if you presumably played it on Wii first).

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
4th gen: Yoshi's Island
5th gen: Majora's Mask
6th gen: Deus Ex
7th gen: Portal 2

I'm probably forgetting a whole bunch of games, and it's a bit difficult to classify PC games like Deus Ex by what generation of consoles they're in.

Angeltripper

♥ Ace ♥
3rd Generation: pokemon red
4th Generation: super mario world
5th Generation: crash bandicoot warped
6th Generation: super mario sunshine
7th Generation: god of war 3/resistance 3/mw3

Entreri10

3rd Generation: Guerrilla Wars (NES)
4th Generation: Golden Axe or Dashin Desperados (Genesis)
5th Generation: Pokemon Gold (GBC) or Digimon World 2/SledStorm(PS)
6th Generation: Halo (Xbox)
7th Generation: Skyrim/Mass Effect/Fallout 3 (360)

Sorry, couldn't decide between a few of them.

Torpoleon

Didn't really play much games from the first 4 generations, so I'll start on Gen 5.

Generation 5: Super Mario 64
Generation 6: Pretty tough one, but I'd say The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Generation 7: Very tough one, but I'd have to say Skyward Sword, though I liked all the main series Pokémon games on the DS, as well as MK Wii, SSBB, Galaxy 2, New Super Mario Bros. Wii and much more.
Generation 8: Super Mario 3D Land (of course my opinion could very easily change because the only 8th gen system I have is a 3DS, with only 3D Land & MK7)

Yeah, I'm a Nintendo fanboy.

Electivirus

Not really, no.
3rd Generation: Kirby's Adventure
4th Generation: Final Fantasy VI
5th Generation: Paper Mario
6th Generation: Final Fantasy XII
7th Generation (thus far): The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Rezzo

Occasionally
5th Generation: crash bandicoot warped

Warped might have had more content than CB2, but the levels were worse in my opinion. The difficulty was non-existent in CB3. CB2 yes, I guess this was easy too, but some of them Gems man, some of them Gems.

Also funnily enough, being a huge Crash Bandicoot fan I found all of them awful compared to Crash Team Racing.

Zazie

So 1991
Dividing games by generation is pretty useless since it completely ignores arcade, handheld and computer games. Anyway my picks:

1st- Pong (Spacewar was the only other game from that era I have played and I found it to be frustrating)

2nd- Ladybug, for Colecovision, think Pac-man but more complcated

3rd- Super Mario Brothers 3. It has aged better than most games of that era.

4th- Too many choices. Maybe Super Mario RPG.

5th- Final Fantasy 9. This was a tough one.

6th- Persona 4. Also a tough choice.

7th- Kirby's Epic Yarn. may be replaced by Rayman Orgins if I get around to picking that game up.

Last edited: