• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Game in a Series You Like

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
In any given video game series you like, what would be your favorite title in said series?

I'll give a few examples to start off.

Mario- Super Mario Galaxy 2
Zelda- Wind Waker
Pokemon- Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
Sonic- Sonic Rush Adventure
Pikmin- Pikmin 2
Animal Crossing- New Leaf
Castlevania- Order of Ecclesia
Dragon Quest- Dragon Quest XI S

You can do this with any series that has more than one game, so you don't have to use the series I gave out.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Harry potter. - Harry Potter and the chamber of secrets pc game

pokemon - Oras

SerebieNi

Final Fantasy-FFXIV.

Starting off I loved the world I was thrown into and the music. It was difficult to learn the controls at first because it was so different but I eventually got used to it. When I finished the first part I thought, hey that was pretty good. Then I got to the expansion Heavensward and I was shocked because suddenly it got 10x better. Having now just finished Shadowbringers I can say it’s not only one of the best final fantasy games, but one of the best gaming experiences I’ve ever had.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
For me it would be

Zelda- BotW And Minish Cap with the Oracle games and LA being not far behind

Mario- Super Mario World

Kirby- Superstar (Ultra) And Star Allies

Shantae- Seven Sirens And 1/2 Genie Hero

Animal Crossing- New Horizons
My very first AC game that I preordered to play at launch and only one where I check in daily missing only a couple of days because I was very busy and forgot to do it.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
For ease and sensibility, I'm only going to list series I've played more than three titles in.

Mario: Super Mario Maker 2

Grand Theft Auto: Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

The Legend of Zelda: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Pokémon: Pokémon Silver

Sim/The Sims: The Sims 3

Kingdom Hearts: Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories

Mortal Kombat: Mortal Kombat 4

Soulcalibur: Soulcalibur II (though I still haven't officially played SCVI yet)

Tekken: Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Super Smash Bros: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS

NOTE: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate would be my favorite game in the series, but I would easily sacrifice World of Light and every DLC character in Ultimate just to get Smash Run back.

Here are my picks:
Halo Reach (Halo series)
Final Fantasy IV (Final Fantasy series)
Castlevania Portrait of Ruin (Castlevania series)
Bioshock 2 (Bioshock series)
Borderlands 2 (Borderlands series)
Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (Assassin's Creed series)
Saints Row The Third (Saints Row series)
Pokemon Blue (Pokemon series)
The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim (Elder Scrolls series)
Fallout New Vegas (Fallout series)
Legend of Zelda The Minish Cap (Legend of Zelda series)
Metroid Prime Hunters (Metroid series)
The Sims Medieval (The Sims series)
Bloodstained Ritual of the Night (Bloodstained series)

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
I'll be the first to admit that neither of these are objectively the best games in their respective series, and there's definitely some nostalgia involved too. But my favorite versions of both Smash Bros. and Mario Kart are both 64. There's just something about the stylistic direction of both of these that I prefer to their newer versions.

Smash 64 is beautiful in its simplicity; as great as Ultimate is, there are times I get a feeling of "information overload" when I look at the roster. Items are balanced the best here, and there's a charm to the MIDI soundtrack that the orchestral scores of future games in the series don't have.

The best video games, in my opinion, are the ones that are truly "family-friendly". They are appropriate for kids but not so stylistically "kiddy" that people age out of them. Mario Kart 64, particularly the International editions with the updated voice acting, is the quintessential example of this for me (8 is a close second). Even though the designs are whimsical and kid-friendly in nature, there's also a "maturity" there that I think is most notable in the soundtrack. The title screen, Luigi Raceway, Kalimari Desert and Toad's Turnpike are good examples of what I'm talking about, and even "wackier" tunes like Moo Moo Farm and Choco Mountain don't lean too much into the silly. Contrast these with Mario Kart Wii's soundtrack, particularly Koopa Cape and Luigi Circuit and you'll see a clear difference.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
My favorite Mortal Kombat is 11 mostly for the Story Mode and the ability to customize fighters to suit my preferences. Not too crazy about how a majority of the good Brutalities are locked away behind some high prices in the Krypt or how much of the in-game currency you must save to gain access to some areas. Favorite Street Fighter is definitely the many versions of SF II. Favorite Kingdom Hearts would be 358/2 Days. Final Fantasy would be VII even though I haven’t completed the game yet.