• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Gameshow?

Whenever I watch TV, I'm like always on the GSN channel which is gameshows 24/7. So I just want to know what your favorite gameshow is and why.

My favorite would have to be Deal or no deal because It's pretty much a luck game and I like seeing people get support from their family.

Some choices to choose from: (It doesn't have to be from this list btw)

-Who wants to be a millionaire
-Are you Smarter than a 5th Grader?
-Lingo
-Family Fued
-Price is Right
-Deal or no Deal
-Baggage
-Chain Reaction
-1vs100

Ropav

Howls of Loneliness
Are you smarter then a 5th grader because its funny watching them getting beat by fifth graders.

abrar14

Statter Master
In england it's called are you smarter then a 10 year old.

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
I don't really watch any game show because i find them rather boring. But i always watch Deal or no Deal when i'm at my grandma's house so probably that would be my favourite.

~Kari~

I love game shows! My favorites are Deal or No Deal, Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader, Who Wants to be a Millionaire, and Family Fued.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Let's see... would Wipeout count?

If not, I guess Family Feud is my favorite one. I sometimes wonder about certain families, you know? You're trying hard not to yell at the TV when you have a suggestion (that turns out to be right), and when they're on their second strike, a family member says something idiotic, and they get their third strike. I swear, they had more intelligent families in the earlier seasons.

I think there's a Family Feud game out there that I'd like to try out with my own family, but meh.

Who Wants to Be A Millionaire? got dull after a while. It must be because of the new host or something, I don't really know.

Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader? is a really nice idea, and Jeff Foxworthy is awesome, but I don't watch it a lot. It's actually funny watching adults struggle over simple questions that we know. I don't think they allow teachers on the show because, duh, they're teachers, they'll definitely be smarter than a fifth grader.

Well actually, some of the questions make me wonder just what they're teaching the kids. I was never taught those questions in fifth grade then again I'm from Arizona.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
I don't really watch Gameshows anymore, so my favourite is a bit old. Dale's Supermarket Sweep!!! :) Deal or no Deal is a close second. Golden Balls was pretty good too.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I don't really watch Gameshows anymore, so my favourite is a bit old. Dale's Supermarket Sweep!!! :) Deal or no Deal is a close second. Golden Balls was pretty good too.

Ooh, ooh, I think I know that! That's where contestants rush around a supermarket, picking up items on their list (which is listed as a bunch of clues), and then bringing it back to the register, right?! And in between, they guess prices, right?!

*looks it up*

Oh, you're from England. You "stole" our gameshow ;P. But hey, at least I recognized it! Yay, me! That was a fun show.

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
Bullseye, can't beat a bit of bully lol
Big Break
Generation Game (Jim Davidson was my era)
Fort Boyard
Strike It Rich
Family Fortunes
Gladiators
Ice Warriors (anyone else remember that one? )

In fact, most of what's on Challenge at the moment.

Jinvaani

Bullseye, can't beat a bit of bully lol
Big Break
Generation Game (Jim Davidson was my era)
Fort Boyard
Strike It Rich
Family Fortunes
Gladiators
Ice Warriors (anyone else remember that one? )

In fact, most of what's on Challenge at the moment.

You've mentioned some crackers here :D

As for mine, I enjoy Takeshi's Castle, Supermarket Sweep and Who Wants to be a Millionaire! (with the old music)

Last edited:

Grey Wind

I love game shows. Some of my favourites would be The Million Pound Drop (although Davina McCall is irritating), Who Wants to be a Millionaire, Takeshi's Castle and The Bank Job. The Bank job is quite new, but I still loved that choice they had to make at the end.

e: Oh, and you've got to love Deal or No Deal.

Last edited:

Geekachu

Golden Balls is also brilliant solely for Jasper Carrott's creepiness.

Grey Wind

Takeshi's Castle perfectly contrasts the fantastical optimism of the Japanese against the horrid slapstick reality.
It always reminded me of some sort of real-life Mario game tbh. Although I think I might be thinking of Ninja Warrior. :s

*IZ*

I used to wake up early like at 12:00 in the summer just to watch Deal or No Deal.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Actual game shows, Jeopardy, just because it's quick paced and you can learn a thing or two. Not to mention Trebek isn't a complete horse's ***.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
I really like Ninja Warrior and Face Off. (Face Off is kind of like Project Runway for cool people.)