1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Gen 1 Gym Leader?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation I & II Discussion' started by Wednesdayz, Dec 28, 2016.

1. NovaBrunswick

NovaBrunswick Canada Connoisseur

I prefer Gen 1 Misty to Gen 2 Misty in a way because of that.

2. Denko Sekka

Denko Sekka Well-Known Member

Misty had a cool gym with a pool and I thought she was sorta challenging, but without seeming annoying like Sabrina's Psychic team was.

NovaBrunswick likes this.
  3. NovaBrunswick

And the Team Rocket member hides a Power Plant part in it in Gen 2. :p

4. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

I actually struggled against her Starmie sometimes, whereas I didn't think Natsume's team was that tough other than when I faced the Gyms out of order once in Red.

5. NovaBrunswick

Natsume is Sabrina, correct? I'm not that clued up on Japanese names. :confused:

Mega Altaria likes this.
  6. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria The best Mega Evolution

Natsume should be Sabrina. Even though Sabrina isn't really one of my favourites and her warp tile puzzle isn't as challenging if you find and memorise the short way. Her Alakazam is a decent challenge at least.

7. NovaBrunswick

Psychics were so OP in Gen 1.

Mega Altaria likes this.
  8. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria The best Mega Evolution

Yeah. Even so Reflect made Alakazam more powerful, which doubled its Defense until it switched out.

9. Denko Sekka

Denko Sekka Well-Known Member

Ivysaur makes Misty's team easy. Hell even Pikachu works wonders if you can catch one early.

10. raichu27

raichu27 Well-Known Member

I'd probably say Giovanni. The part on how he was a secret gym leader was interesting. I also like Lt. Surge.

11. PorcelainVulpix

PorcelainVulpix Well-Known Member

I agree with Giovanni, I felt like the ultimate bad@ss when I beat him.

12. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

I felt saddened by his departure, though. Even though he was a bad person, the fact that his Gym didn't have a Gym Leader after we defeated him made the games seem slightly incomplete to me.