• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Gen 1 Gym Leader?

M.P.

Retired
Koga. I like his design and Poison is one of my favorite types.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I don't really have a favourite Kanto Gym Leader, but I'll say that my favourites are Brock and Misty because of their roles as travelling companions in the anime. Although I'll have to say that I'm not as much of a fan of their presence in the games but still I like one of Brock's quotes from RBY, which is:
Brock said:
I believe in rock hard defense and determination!

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
She'd be a gen 2 gym leaders. It's Kanto, but it's also not in gen 1.

---

My favorite would probably be Misty. Favorite type is water, and she's the very first water gym leader.

Also had a crush on her when I was 10.

Fair enough. Then I'd have to say Misty as well. For different reasons than you, although I have always had a thing for red-heads..

Edit: Mainly because Cerulean City is IMO the coolest town in Kanto.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
My favorite would probably be Misty. Favorite type is water, and she's the very first water gym leader.

Also had a crush on her when I was 10.

So you were the same age as Ash when you were crushing on Misty. :D

raichu27

Tough one between Lt. Surge and Giovanni. I'm gonna go with Lt. Surge, since I love electric Pokemon.

I also think this topic would've made a good poll.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
He had the funnest Gym puzzle out of the other Kanto Gym Leaders, so I can see why Koga might have some appeal. I didn't like his team though, I hate poisoned status.

Blaine also had a great Gym puzzle. Remember the Pokémon pop quiz?

And also, the famous meme: "Ha! You better have a Burn Heal!" XD

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I'd have to pick Blaine. Lore-wise in the games and in Pokemon Adventures, he's a major character throughout the entire Pokemon World for his role, along with Mr. Fuji, in creating Mewtwo. In Pokemon Adventures, Mewtwo is actually his battling partner in the Pokemon Village.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I'd have to pick Blaine. Lore-wise in the games and in Pokemon Adventures, he's a major character throughout the entire Pokemon World for his role, along with Mr. Fuji, in creating Mewtwo. In Pokemon Adventures, Mewtwo is actually his battling partner in the Pokemon Village.

Blaine created Mewtwo?! :eek:

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
What about in the anime?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
It's a tie between Misty and Sabrina for me. I like both of their character designs as they both had like a cold look and I also liked that Sabrina was a bit creepy.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
Giovanni. I loved his line after you beat him. "After losing, I cannot face my underlings. I have betrayed their trust."

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
It's a tie between Misty and Sabrina for me. I like both of their character designs as they both had like a cold look and I also liked that Sabrina was a bit creepy.

I liked Sabrina in the anime where she was all creepy at first - even turning Ash and his friends into dolls - but after being defeated by Ash's Haunter, she just laughed.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Pokegirl Fan~ said:

Kasumi was pretty amiable in Gen I, yet she got an attitude in Gen II as seen when she blew a fuse just because her date was interrupted.