• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Gen 1 Gym Leader?

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Kasumi was pretty amiable in Gen I, yet she got an attitude in Gen II as seen when she blew a fuse just because her date was interrupted.

I prefer Gen 1 Misty to Gen 2 Misty in a way because of that.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Misty had a cool gym with a pool and I thought she was sorta challenging, but without seeming annoying like Sabrina's Psychic team was.

And the Team Rocket member hides a Power Plant part in it in Gen 2. :p

Leonhart

Imagineer
Denko Sekka said:
Misty had a cool gym with a pool and I thought she was sorta challenging, but without seeming annoying like Sabrina's Psychic team was.

I actually struggled against her Starmie sometimes, whereas I didn't think Natsume's team was that tough other than when I faced the Gyms out of order once in Red.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I actually struggled against her Starmie sometimes, whereas I didn't think Natsume's team was that tough other than when I faced the Gyms out of order once in Red.

Natsume is Sabrina, correct? I'm not that clued up on Japanese names. :confused:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Natsume is Sabrina, correct? I'm not that clued up on Japanese names. :confused:
Natsume should be Sabrina. Even though Sabrina isn't really one of my favourites and her warp tile puzzle isn't as challenging if you find and memorise the short way. Her Alakazam is a decent challenge at least.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Natsume should be Sabrina. Even though Sabrina isn't really one of my favourites and her warp tile puzzle isn't as challenging if you find and memorise the short way. Her Alakazam is a decent challenge at least.

Psychics were so OP in Gen 1.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~

Leonhart

Imagineer
PorcelainVulpix said:
I agree with Giovanni, I felt like the ultimate bad@ss when I beat him.

I felt saddened by his departure, though. Even though he was a bad person, the fact that his Gym didn't have a Gym Leader after we defeated him made the games seem slightly incomplete to me.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I hear Giovanni has a wedding ring in LGPE. Does this mean we'll have another Professor Kukui situation?

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Misty and Erika! Misty is just super cute whereas I like how Erika's gym is all women.

But then there's that creepy guy outside the Gym saying that.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
eeeeeeeh I mean, law enforcement in the pokemon world is lax at best. I think the police have bigger problems than a pervy old guy

Like criminal organizations who want to steal Pokémon for money?

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I have to say Sabrina. She looks so mysterious and her gym is annoying in an enjoyable way.

I liked how she became a Hollywood (Pokéwood?) actress in B2/W2.