• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Gen 2 Gym Leader?

Noa

Pokemon Crystal is my happy place
I have always been drawn to the sweet and beautiful Jasmine, I always loved the idea of a small and tender girl having a giant steel snake as a partner :D Plus she is very cute and a genuinely kind person and trainer.

I'm in the Jasmine camp too people!

I just love her quiet and caring personality, yet she is a user of the Steel type, the freakin Steel type! That trait actually kind of reminds me of myself - I'm usually rather quiet when I'm around people I don't know, but I'm a huge fan of the Steel type.

So yeah, Jasmine all the way!

leaf tea

pksp gives me life
probably Pryce. ive always loved ice pokemon and the sliding ice games that they have in most of the games that is in his gym and dont even get me started on pokespe pryce

Crazy0n389

Starry's Angels
Hm. I would say Clair is my fav Gen 2 gym leader. Persistent and strong.

Nebbygetinthebag

Jasmine is my favorite she is really cute and is really strong the other gym leader that I like is Morty I really his design and he is quite challenging as a gym.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I enjoyed meeting and battling Clair the most. I thought her team was quite tough, especially since she was the first Dragon-type leader. I also thought it was cool how she was related to Lance.
Clair's my second favourite Johto Gym Leader for these reasons. She has always been one of the more memorable GSC characters for me because of how I really struggled to defeat her on Gold many years ago. And I like it when we see characters who are related.

CrimsonAce777

I'd have to say my favorites are Clair, because Dragon types, and how she snubs you after you defeat her. And Jasmine, because she had 0 gym trainers, yet still managed to be one of the more formidable gyms. And she loves Ampharos, so why wouldn't she be cool?

Leonhart

Imagineer
I'd have to select Matsuba (Morty), because he was the first Gym Leader who specialized in Ghost-types. Also, his team gave me quite a challenge in Gold version, which I appreciated.

TrainerJenny

毛皮のゴミ
My favorite gym leader is Falkner because he was one of the most memorable to me :D

Leonhart

Imagineer
My favorite gym leader is Falkner because he was one of the most memorable to me :D

Hayato (Falkner) is memorable to me as well, although perhaps for all the wrong reasons. He was Jouto's weakest Gym Leader as well as the weakest first Gym Leader in all the games in general. I bet only players who chose Chikoriita as their Starter had trouble against him.

Everyone hates her, but I'm a Whitney fanboy. She was cute and had a strong ace. Probably Johto's best Gym Leader over all.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
My favourite would be Clair because she is a user of Dragon type Pokémon and that she in my opinion is the strongest Johto Gym Leader. She is also a challenge to defeat, particularly her Kingdra, which was only weak to Dragon at that time.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Clair because she owned three Dragonair and a Kingdra, which are my favorite Dragon type Pokemon.

Ibuki's (Clair's) team was unnecessarily difficult as a result, however. Kingdra itself was a tough opponent since its only weakness were Dragon-type moves, and Gen II only had four Dragon-types available.

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
I might like Whitney most :3

She's pink and cheerful.

Though, honestly, I like a lot of the johto gym leaders a lot, I think :3 it's probably my second favorite gym leader set only to the kalos leaders (i'm sure everyone can guess why kalos must be my number one favorite set too lol yes it has a lot to do with some girl in a red in white dress that roller skate's and uses fighting types :p)

M.P.

Retired
Morty, due to him being the first Ghost type gym leader (plus he uses a Gengar).

PsychoIncarnate

Jasmine was my favorite, I remember the Ampharos in the Lighthouse part very well

I'm surprised people like Clair. All I remember from her is her being a poor sport and not awarding the badge when you beat her.