• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Gen 2 Gym Leader?

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
The Gen 2 games introduced us to several new Gym Leaders: Falkner, Bugsy, Whitney, Morty, Chuck, Jasmine, Pryce, Clair, Janine, and Blue.

Which ones were your favorites? Please explain your choice(s) a little.

My favorite was Janine since she was Koga's daughter, and Pryce was my second favorite due to his type specialty and because he wasn't too much of a challenge. :p

Kalosian

So long
Falkner is my favorite. Because I think his hairstyle is cool. A bad reason maybe, but that's it. My second favorite would have to be Pryce because I like him as well. He's pretty cool.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Clair by far, because I like her design and the fact she throws a temper tantrum after you defeat her. Her team is also fairly formidable in the Gym battle, although I was disappointed to learn she still uses Dragonair in the rematches.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I've recently developed a soft spot for Whitney cuz even tho she acted melodramatic when she lost and regardless of how tough her Miltank was, she had a cute design and she seemed to like cute pokemon too, which I have in common with her ha ha.

XY&Z Legend

Just chillin
My favorite has to be Jasmine because of her design and being the very 1st steel-type gym leader in Pokemon history. She's also one of the nicest gym leaders in the Johto region, even keeping her cool after beating her. She has an Empoleon in the remakes, which was a pokemon I chose for Diamond & Pearl, the same games where she makes her cameo.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I like quite a few of them, but I have to go with Falkner. I just like his design a lot (and like Kalosian said, his hairstyle is cool) and Violet's always been one of my favourite Johto cities.

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
I like Morty the most purely because of his revamped looks in HGSS. He's just so stylish lol.

Sprinter1988

Jasmine. I was a little disappointed by her having two Magnemites (especially as both were at the required level to evolve into Magneton) but that Steelix was fantastic. If you go on appearances you'd think she would be a pushover, but no, and here's a giant metal boulder snake to prove you wrong!

Bananarama

The light is coming
I enjoyed meeting and battling Clair the most. I thought her team was quite tough, especially since she was the first Dragon-type leader. I also thought it was cool how she was related to Lance.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Morty is my favorite. I'm a big Gengar fan. I really like ghost types. His gym is one of my favorites.

TikTok13

Oh, I have a title?
Jasmine all the way. I lover her design, and her personality is simply to die for. Although having two Magnemites is a bit bad, she decides to then use a bloody Steelix to drive your team into the ground. I think Jasmine is a fantastic character who deserves a whole lot more credit.
I may be a little biased - I did and still do have a crush on Jasmine

PsychoBoost

Carbon Dioxide
Bugsy is impressive with the early Scyther.. I found them to be quite good. They are kinda scary for an early Bug trainer...

A poster on another forum, I think PRH, pointed out that Pryce's Gym resembled the Lake of Rage structure. Except icy. I found that kinda cool as well...

Cat's Eye Draco

It's probably a tie between Whitney and Blue for me. Whitney because her Milk Drink Miltank is almost always a challenge, and Blue because he's not restricted to one type and so you can't just sweep through with one super effective Pokemon.

Pikachu979

Sinnoh Champion
My favorite gym leader in gen 2 is Jasmine because of her cameo in gen 4 and being the first Steel gym leader.

thexuberant1

My favorite is Jasmine cuz she makes an appearance in Sinnoh and takes good care of the Ampharos in the lighthouse. She's very bashful yet kind. I also like Morty cuz he's cool and mystical.