• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Gen 2 Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SparklingMistral

The #1 Remus Lupin f
Cyndaquil and Quilava, Entei, Ho-oh, and Chikorita are the ones that pop into my head right off the bat. There might be others, but they escape me at the moment.

Shindo

Kingdra, It was just so badass when I fought against it at the eight gym.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Kingdra, It was just so badass when I fought against it at the eight gym.

Kingdra's wicked cool in my opinion. I once pulled a Kingdra TCG card and it become my favorite Gen 2 Pokemon for months from that point lol. I just really liked that it was a Dragon-type that wasn't part of Dratini's evolutionary line.

Nodame

Misty <3
My favourite Pokemon from this generation is Misdreavus, but I also love Houndoom. I like Misdreavus for the same reason I like Froslass; they both have this haunting yet quite feminine design, without taking it as far as the likes of Gardevoir. Houndoom on the other hand - he's a hell hound. Of course he's rad.

I like Misdreavus too. It's the cutest ghost Pokemon imo. I love how she used Perish song in the Raiku special + I find her design very appealing and pretty.

Psychic

Really and truly
When I think about it in passing, I don't feel like gen 2 had a lot of designs that really gripped me. Raikou has been one of my favourites for awhile, but if I think about it, Johto had some pretty darn cool Pokemon. Scizor, Skarmory, Sneasel and Houndoom are pretty memorable (and all use the new types, come to think of it).

~Psychic

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
My favorite gen 2 pokemon (despite never played G/S/C):
Kingdra - Water/Dragon is a great combination and had only one weakness at the time.
Steelix - It looks tough and loses it's 4x weakness to water and grass.
Tyranitar - Looks awesome and a great pseudo-legend pokemon.
Suicune - Love the blue colour on it and amzing to look at.
Ho-oh - It is a pretty cool phoenix pokemon and Sacred Fire was neat.

Lorde

I like Misdreavus too. It's the cutest ghost Pokemon imo. I love how she used Perish song in the Raiku special + I find her design very appealing and pretty.

Oh definitely, I think Misdreavus is cute too. Unlike Gastly's line which just creeped me out, Misdreavus looked feminine and appealing. Sadly, I never used one on my Gen 2 teams since Misdreavus wasn't found until reaching Mt. Silver.

Buizel97

Pokemon Champion
Even though Gen 2's roster is my least favorite there are a lot of good pokemon But my favorite is Tyranitar because of its cool typing,stats and movepool.

Lorde

Even though Gen 2's roster is my least favorite there are a lot of good pokemon But my favorite is Tyranitar because of its cool typing,stats and movepool.

I like Tyranitar somewhat, mostly because it was my favorite TCG card from Neo Discovery. Raising one in Silver was a pain though: It took me ages to evolve my Larvitar into one. :c

Lorde

Yeah that is basically why I avoided Dratini and other Dragons early on.

Agreed. It might've been easier if Larvitar was found early in the games, but having to raise one so late into the games with few training options to begin with was stark.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I think Misdreavus's design is very pretty as well. It looks so elegant imo.
I remember being pleasantly surprised when I first found one in Mt. Silver. If it hadn't been the end of the game, then I possibly would have put it on my team.

Bananarama

The light is coming
I like Delibird. Strange choice, but I like it's Santa-esque design and I think it receives too much hate.

skyradiant

To Each Future
Lugia, easily within my top ten overall at least. It's really elegant yet has this "edge" to it that makes it seem cooler than any other Gen 2 Pokemon, while the color scheme is great too. It probably helps that it resembles a dinosaur and a dragon, which instantly appeals to me lol.

Mike_

Suicune for me. Always just liked it a lot for whatever reason.

Lorde

I like Delibird. Strange choice, but I like it's Santa-esque design and I think it receives too much hate.

I liked Delibird's design as well, just not the fact that it could only learn Present via level up. I wish it could've learned more moves naturally since Present was so gimmicky.

Dr. Cooper

Bazinga
Tyranitar is always going to be my favorite Gen 2 mon. It's just too cool. The stats and the movepool are just icing the cake.

keepitsimple

site of lies
Typhlosion and Feraligatr. The two good starters in gen 2. They actually are close to being my favorite starter pokemon of all time

Status
Not open for further replies.