• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Gen 3 Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Generation 3 introduced several great Pokemon to the franchise: Which were your favorites? Please try and explain your thoughts thoroughly, not just "I like ____".

My personal favorites were Wailmer, Wailord and Kyogre since I love whales, Latios and Latias since they were jet and dragon hybrids, Kecleon because it was the first Gen 3 Pokemon that I saw, Blaziken because it was my first Sapphire version Lv. 100 Pokemon, and Jirachi simply because it's so cute.

Kalosian

So long
From the Pokemon introduced in third generation, there are many that I like. I can't pick a single favorite. Instead, I'll list the 8 I like the most.

Slaking. Awesome design and great stats... but plauged with a terrible ability. Doesn't matter though, because it is still awesome. It helped me a lot in the Battle Frontier, destroying nearly all opposition, it was also on my team when I got at least 2 of my Gold Symbols.

Mawile. Another great design. Used it while playing through Sapphire and loved it. Then I didn't use it again until recently in Y where I learned to appericiate it even more, its new Fairy-typing and Mega Evolution being the main reasons for that.

Manectric. One of my favorite Electric-types. I have used it many times and it has always been awesome. Its movepool might have been lacking a little in the generation it was introduced in, but it gradually got better even if might not be the best. But that doesn't matter, I like it anyway. And in 6th generation, it got an awesome Mega Evolution as well.

Skitty. I like cats. Especially if they are cute. And Skitty is one of the cutest Pokemon ever, it has been an instant favorite of mine ever since I first saw it. I haven't really used it that much, though.

Claydol. Has a cool design, unique type combination, and is overall just awesome. Didn't start liking it until around 5th generation though, not sure why but it doesn't matter.

Cradily. I have a weird relation to this as I kind of love it and not at the same time. I have had some painful battles against it in various battle facilities in different generations, but have only had moderate success with it myself. Yet it has a great design and unique typing and I have started to like it more lately, so it is now one of my favorites.

Walrein. Another one I like. I kind of have a similar relation to this as to Cradily because it has been terrifying to face in battle facilitites, but I don't really feel the same way about Walrein for some reason. Have used it on some teams and it was fun, plus I like its design and walruses in general.

Latias. My favorite legendary from this generation, and one of my all-time favorites. Used to be my absolute favorite from all generations, but I can't bring myself to pick just have one favorite Pokemon anymore so now it's just one of many. I love it because I find it super-cute, it has a great design and has been useful in battle too. Have used it many times with great success for most of them.

Kumiho

Blasian
Mine is Makuhita. I find it's face just priceless and it's overall design great. The little smile makes it even better. n_n

Mega Typhlosion

My favorite is Salamence :D Favorite dragon and I'm really glad it got a Mega. I've always had one on my team, for whichever reason.

I remember when I got Ruby, I didn't have unlimited internet access so getting a Salamence like Drake was kind of a dream that time xD

MarinaS

sinnoh queen
Blaziken: Torchic was my very starter, and Blaziken just has a cool air about it.

Milotic: A majestic water type. I used to not really like Milotic, but it's grown on me.

Altaria: A big fluffy dragon. Altaria has always been my fave dragon type despite its not-so good stats for being a dragon.

Skitty: I've liked it since i first saw it. It's seriously too cute for me. although i don't like its evolution.

Absol: My fave dark type! Mysterious yet cool looking~

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Since it is my favorite generation,I like a lot of Hoenn Pokemon.
Salamence-I like its design actually being menacing.It is my favorite pseudo-legendary Pokemon with a vast movepool.Its Mega Evolution is disappointing at best,though.
Manectric-I like its design and the ability to learn Fire-type moves,but Mega Manectric is downright ugly.
Absol-it looks awesome and has a decent movepool.
Milotic-it looks pretty and is tough to take down thanks to Recover.
Swampert-my favorite Hoenn starter Pokemon,it is bulky and has a good type combination.
Zangoose-it has a cool design and wide movepool.
Latias-she looks adorable and is very versatile,although I didn't like Mega Latias literally becoming a jet plane.
Latios-fast and powerful,I also like the colour blue more than red.
Groudon-a giant dinosaur,it is the first legendary that is relevant to the storyline in the core series.
Kyogre-has an awesome design and ability.I also like its cry and it is my favorite Legendary Pokemon.

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
My #1 favourite Generation 3 Pokemon is definitely Milotic. I fell in love with it the first time I ever saw it in the games because I liked its beautiful design and I figured it must be a very strong Pokemon since it was hard for me to defeat. I was so happy when I finally got one of my own on Ruby after struggling with finding a Feebas and evolving it.

I'm also a big fan of Gardevoir and Altaria because I like their designs too and they were great parts of my first Hoenn team.

Beelogical

The Mad Knight
I LOVE Altaria, but my fav gen 3 pokemon is Flygon. I love the design, especially on its tail and when it's shiny. There is just something about that blue and light green color scheme that I find eye captivating. I really dig it hah. Flygon also helped me immensely both in-game and competitively back when I used it on shoddy battle. Fun times. Who would have thought that little sand-trap (trapinch) would turn into such an amazing dragon :p.

dragonmlr

Ultamate Magnemite
I Have tons that are my favorite
1. Rayquanza: He can take down both groudon and kyogre and hes really fast
2. Skeptile: He was my first emrald pokemon and I always thought leafblade was awesome
3.Blazkin: he was my first ruby pokemon and he is a pretty good chicken lol
4.Swampert : was my first female starter pokemon
5.Swellow : fast and strong and reminds me of pidgeot

phanpycross

God-king
This is pretty much impossible to dicide on between the starters, psaudo-legendaries, milotic, flygon, torkoal, corphish, glalie line, gardevoir line, aggron line, rayquaza, and duskull.

I guess the closest I could come would be a four-way tie between regice, cacnea, the fossils, and shedinja as my number one bro.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Blaziken: Torchic was my very starter, and Blaziken just has a cool air about it.

Milotic: A majestic water type. I used to not really like Milotic, but it's grown on me.

Altaria: A big fluffy dragon. Altaria has always been my fave dragon type despite its not-so good stats for being a dragon.

Skitty: I've liked it since i first saw it. It's seriously too cute for me. although i don't like its evolution.

Absol: My fave dark type! Mysterious yet cool looking~

I forgot about Altaria and Skitty. I also always liked them; Altaria was my main Flying-type in Ruby so I'm nostalgic about the species, and Skitty took me forever to acquire and finally evolve, but it was so adorable. I was never a big Absol fan though; I was actually creeped out by it when I was younger. :p

Gardevoir, Flygon and Sceptile are my favourites. Gardevoir has awesome Sp Atk and Sp Def. Flygon is an amazing pokemon to me and Sceptile is my first ever starter in pokemon and it is very fast.

Banana Bloodplanet

Absol. I like its sleek look and fur coat. I like its swordlike tail and the appendage at the top of its head. I like its sharp design and fighting style.

Latios- Looks Cool
Mudkip- Favorite Starter
Rayquaza- Looks Really Cool.

Garde

Ballroom Dancer
Gardevoir line, Delcatty, Altaria, Absol, and Mawile are my favorites. Gen 3 had a lot of great designs.

Voyance

Esper
The Gardevoir line for me. I generally like Psychic-types (and Fairies as of Gen VI), so a line of Psychic/Fairy types suits me well. I also love that they're so protective of their trainers. A lot of the appeal of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, for me, was the Gardevoir and Gengar subplot.

Absol is another Pokémon from this generation whom I generally make room for in my team. It's got a great design and I love its character - it tries to warn others about coming disasters but people shun it for fear that they're an omen. They're really noble.

Milotic is really cool. I ended up catching a Feebas without realizing her rarity (I actually figured that out here on Serebii when I wanted to look up how to evolve mine). Sad that I don't have my Sapphire version anymore... Still, it's so elegant and an interesting contrast to its more destructive counterpart, Gyarados.

I feel Altaria is under-appreciated. I first encountered one in the Sky Pillar, since I hadn't caught a Swablu earlier. I immediately put it on my team. It's a fluffy dragon, you know?

sassy.skitty

I love Wooper.
I think generation 3 had some fantastic designs, so I'm going to go ahead and (like many others here) pick more than one.

Absol. It seems at least 2/3 of us have picked Absol. I really didn't appreciate it until X, because I had never caught one in Sapphire, but I have always liked its design.

Banette. I loved this one, because it was still scary (as a ghost type) but also cuter than your 1st-gen Gengar.

Kecleon. I have always felt that Kecleon needed more of a story in the games, but of course maybe I missed something as I don't keep up with the anime.

Mawile. I was always disappointed because I liked it more than Sableye, but I have always gotten Sapphire.

Whismur/Loudred/Exploud. I always thought they were under-appreciated for being simple normal types, but I have really loved playing with them.

CptScorpion

Scrafty Artist
For the record, I have several Pokemon from the Third Generation who are my personal faves. My personal faves are ...

The Treecko family because of their badass design and attitude as well as a somewhat draconic appearance. If Combusken and Blaziken are both Fire/Fighting and Marshtomp and Swampert are both Water/Ground, why aren't Grovyle and Sceptile Grass/Dragon instead of 100% Grass? Well at least Mega Sceptile has been fixed to a half-Grass-half-Dragon type.

The Mudkip family because I find Mudkip adorable, I find Marshtomp handsome, I find Swampert attractive (in a bara male way), and I find Mega Swampert even more bara attractive.

Zigzagoon because I happen to find raccoons pretty cute and this Pokemon obviously looks like a raccoon, but with zig-zag patterns, which is where he got his name from.

Lombre and Nuzleaf were two Pokemon I used to like really much circa ten years ago, especially Lombre, but now I'm not very interested in neither of them.

Aggron because not only he has a pretty cool metallic design, but I also like the fact he is based from a triceratops.

Lunatone and Solrock because they tend to represent the moon and the sun respectively, which makes me interested in them very much. Heck, I was ESPECIALLY into them ten years ago.

Spheal because he's such an adorable ball of cuteness.

Groudon because he is the rough and tough continental giant who keeps my heart warm and secure.

Status
Not open for further replies.