• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Gen 3 Pokemon

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
Since the last thread expired, I decided to remake it. So which Gen 3 Pokemon were your favorites? Please explain your answers thoroughly.

I always had a soft spot for Jirachi because it was one of the hardest Hoenn Pokemon to get. It took me a year to finally download one from the bonus disc that came with Pokemon Colosseum back in 2004 I think, but man was it worth the wait.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Probably Sceptile (Crawdaunt, Swellow, Torkoal, Glalie and Manectric are other contenders). The anime is the main reason as Ash’s was a great addition to the cast. It’s a speed demon who has a impressive movepool and even cooler Mega. Wish it had a better Ability and special movepool

Leonhart

Imagineer
I have several favorites, but my main one at this moment is Bohmander (Salamence). Admittedly, I didn't like it that much back when R/S were first released, but after seeing its Mega Evolved form in OR/AS, I really started liking it and I even bought a Mega Bohmander plush doll.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Absol - has a cool design, a sad backstory and a wide movepool. I've also grown to like its Mega.
Salamence - the first true European dragon in the series. Hits very hard, too. Shame its Mega is not just overpowered, but unappealing, too.
Milotic - incredibly elegant and tough to beat thanks to Recover.
Manectric - looks sleek and can use Flamethrower. Never really liked its Mega, though.
Latios - love his colour scheme, huge movepool and high Speed and Special Attack. Again wish he had a better-looking Mega.
Kyogre - has a great backstory and Ability. Favourite legendary Pokemon ever.
Other Hoenn Pokemon I like are: Swampert, Metagross, Latias, Groudon, Armaldo, Aggron, Altaria, Zangoose, Exploud, Flygon and Breloom.

Monozu

この日、森の中・・・
Jirachi, Milotic, Metagross, and a whole bunch of others I've forgotten.​

Leonhart

Imagineer
NobleJanobii said:
Latios and Salamence probably. They were some of the first pokemon I became familiar with as a kid and they still have very appealing designs for me. I loved being able to fly on Latios in ORAS. It was like a childhood dream come true.

Latios is my favorite Gen III Legendary. I remember playing Sapphire version first and being really upset when I found out that Latios wasn't obtainable in that game without an event. I had to purchase Ruby version just to get Latios [and Groudon].

catzeye

Writer's Block
Gen 3 definitely has to be my favorite as far as Pokemon designs. Most of my favorites come

Favorite Starter: Swampert
Favorite Regular Pokemon: Flygon
Favorite Legendary: Rayquaza

Other favorites include Breloom, Linoone, Zangoose, Milotic, Shelgon, Metagross, Spheal, Tropius, Blaziken, Sceptile

Acerola

::A Smitten Kitten With One Mitten::
Milotic!
I remember when I was...11 or so, when emerald was still new, I searched and searched almost every tile on route 119 for a feebas as Milotic was my dream pokemon at the time.
I finally found the tile, and fished like crazy to get a bunch of them, now my milotic is in Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness and is Lv 100 <3

Anyone else try to find a feebas back-in-the-day when it was actually rare?

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Milotic!
I remember when I was...11 or so, when emerald was still new, I searched and searched almost every tile on route 119 for a feebas as Milotic was my dream pokemon at the time.
I finally found the tile, and fished like crazy to get a bunch of them, now my milotic is in Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness and is Lv 100 <3

Yep and it was a real pain to get, let alone raise.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
It's easy to level up as it needs very little amount of exp. points.
The whole beauty side of it, not in terms of the exp part.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Acerola said:

I remember fishing and finding a few after reading the video game guide, although I didn't actually evolve one until about a year later, and I only did so for collection purposes. To be completely honest, I find Milokarosss (Milotic) to be one of the least appealing Pokemon from Gen III based purely on its design. It's essentially just a less ugly version of Gyarados from my point of view.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Just look at my avatar! After that, it's Swampert, then Metagross, and then Rayquaza

Leonhart

Imagineer
RedBlastoise said:
Sharpedo was my favorite one tied with Swampert because I like Water mons the most. Sharpedo and Swampert both look epic and strong and I used each of them in Emerald and Ruby.

I remember seeing Samehader's (Sharpedo's) design back in 2002 I believe, and I mistook its design thinking that its tail was simply behind it unseen in the official artwork. Then I saw its back sprite and noticed that it looked like half of its body was missing, so my interest in it decreased. I still like it somewhat and I even used it on my Emerald team, but to me it looks incomplete.

Dicklaycia

Objectively Better Than You
Milotic because it’s just such a glamorous and downright extra Pokémon. I remember seeing it for the first time and saying “I need one.” Unfortunately, I did not know how to acquire one back in the day. I did replay Sapphire relatively recently and I made sure to add a Milotic to my team now that I knew how to get one (after spending more time fishing in Route 119 than I care to mention).

Vahnstad

Blaziken, Altaria, Metagross, Sceptile, Swampert, Gardevoir, Salamence, Metagross, Flygon and Glalie.

Gen III is my favourite gen