• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Gen 4 BGM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bananarama

The light is coming
What is your favorite music of the 4th gen games?

Please state a reason for your choice.

Personally, it's a tie between the Hearthome City music and the Eterna City music, both because they're beautiful and serene, but I could probably take hours discussing all of the great music this generation had to offer.

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Cynthia's Champion theme because it is intense, Lake Trio theme because it just sounds awesome and also, the other Legendary theme (other than creation trio/Arceus), also for the same reason with the Lake Trio theme.

Last edited:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I was obsessed with Cynthia's theme music plus Canalave city's theme as well in Diamond & Pearl. Hg/Ss had nice music too including Lugia's battle theme. ^^

Aquarelle

Staff member
DPPt: My favourite music would have to be the Canalave City theme. It's one of the reasons why Canalave is my favourite Sinnoh city. It sounds so beautiful and relaxing to me.

HGSS: Just like in GSC, the Champion battle theme is my favourite music from HGSS. I think the HGSS arrangement just sounds so powerful.

I love many of the other pieces of music from DPPt & HGSS, too.

Kalosian

So long
From D/P/P, one of my top favorites is the music in Sunyshore City. It felt perfect for a port town by the sea which is also the last stop before the Pokemon League. The melody and the instrumentation is great.

From Platinum, I liked most of the new music introduced, especially the Giratina Battle theme and the Frontier Brain battle theme. Those were both great battle themes that suited their situations perfectly. I was surprised the first time I battled Giratina as the music was just so intense. And then, when I reached the Frontier Brains, I hadn't expected them to be able to make a theme that was on the same level as the one in Emerald, but they succeeded with that.

Others I like from D/P/P are these: Route 201, Gym Leader Battle, Jubilife City, Canalave City, Pokemon League, Snowpoint City, Route 216/217, Route 225, Distortion World, Uxie/Mesprit/Azelf Battle, Credits, regular Trainer Battle Theme.

From HG/SS, my three top favorites are these:
Ho-Oh Battle theme. Another fantastic battle theme for a legendary. I definitely prefer it over Lugia's Battle theme because it suits the Pokemon and the situation better, it is relaxing yet uplifting and has a bit of energy into it.
Ecruteak City. This was a recreation of the original track which added a bit more mystery to it while keeping what made the original good. Probably the main reason Ecruteak is my favorite Johto city in HG/SS.
Cinnabar Island. I love everything about this. It took the original from the Kanto games and changed it so that it became perfect for what Cinnabar had become three years later. Sometimes I went to visit Cinnabar for no other reason than being able to hear this.

Some others I like from HG/SS: Cianwood City, Bell Tower, Route 47/48, Lavender Town, Hoenn Sound, Sinnoh Sound.

arceus03

Route 209 wins, hands down. I fell in love with the music as soon as I entered the route. It's catchy, slow and upbeat at the same time XD

Apart from that, Canalave and Eterna City are worthwhile mentions, too. And while we're at Eterna, I somehow find the forest's music to be calming, as well.

Aaaand of course, Surf. I love the surf theme from every generation... Or at least the ones I've played (2nd, 3rd and 4th. I forgot the 5th one).

Last two of my favorite from the 4th Gen (not counting remakes) are the bike and Cynthia's theme.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
In Sinnoh games,I especially liked Dialga/Palkia's battle theme,because it sounds epic,Route 205 theme,because it's cheerful and upbeat,and Galactic Grunt theme,because it is so intense.
However,I also really enjoyed the following themes:
-Eterna City
-Floaroma Town(Night only)
-Route 206
-Route 225
-Surf theme
-vs.Cynthia
-vs.Giratina
In HG/SS,I liked Lance's battle theme because of its intensity,Ice Path theme because it conveys the snowy feel very well,and Route 29 theme(again,upbeat).Other great tracks are:Route 35,Route 47,Viridian Forest,Bell Tower,vs.Raikou/Entei/Suicune,vs.Lugia,vs.Ho-oh,and Route 28/Mt.Silver.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
In Sinnoh games,I especially liked Dialga/Palkia's battle theme,because it sounds epic,Route 205 theme,because it's cheerful and upbeat,and Galactic Grunt theme,because it is so intense.
However,I also really enjoyed the following themes:
-Eterna City
-Floaroma Town(Night only)
-Route 206
-Route 225
-Surf theme
-vs.Cynthia
-vs.Giratina
In HG/SS,I liked Lance's battle theme because of its intensity,Ice Path theme because it conveys the snowy feel very well,and Route 29 theme(again,upbeat).Other great tracks are:Route 35,Route 47,Viridian Forest,Bell Tower,vs.Raikou/Entei/Suicune,vs.Lugia,vs.Ho-oh,and Route 28/Mt.Silver.

I personally disliked Floaroma's night music cuz it sounds lacking compared to the daytime version. The only night bgm that I liked is Jubilife's. ^^;

Aquarelle

Staff member
Route 201
This is one of my favourite route themes ever, along with Route 10 in Unova. I think it's such a cute and catchy tune. ^^

I taught myself how to play R. 201 on my flute when I was in high school, along with the Oreburgh City theme. I find the Oreburgh music very catchy as well and love how energetic it sounds.

Darrkvolt

For me, Route 201 (for some reason first route themes are always up there for me), Oreburgh City for being so catchy and lively, upon listening to the route themes over again I think I just like all of them except Route 216 (so hard to choose just one or two between them all), Snowpoint City theme because it always reminded me of a snowy night in December with just a light snowfall and a blanket of snow already on the ground, and Sunyshore City theme was pretty catchy and really felt like "final (gym) city before the Elite Four" music to me.

Ragirl243

my fave is undenyably temporal tower theme. (who cares thats its mystery dungeon its gen4) i think it is an awsome song that really sets the mood that you only have so much time to save the world. very fitting for a final dungeon theme. now if i could only beat primal dialga...........

KenoShay

Sinnoh Champ
Cynthia's music was raw great way to end the game, so glad they put it in smash 4 as well

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Cynthia's theme and the Lake Trio theme are probably my favorites from DPPt because of how intense they are. I've also always been fond of the Snowpoint City theme and the Route 216/217/Acuity Lakefront theme because they fit the area perfectly. The former is more quiet and mysterious, while the latter sounds somewhat festive to me.

As for HG/SS... oh boy, there are so many, Johto has a lot of great music. Ho-Oh's theme is my favorite and (IMO) the best legendary theme period. But I also like the Legendary Beast theme, Route 47, Ecruteak City, Bell Tower, Ice Path, Olivine Lighthouse, the Kanto wild battle theme, and probably many others I'm not thinking of right now.

Alatar VGC

House Greyjoy
For Sinnoh easy.

Toss up between Hearthome city (Night) / Snowpoint City (Night) and Eterna Forest.

The former was so nice and relaxing. Really felt homely. Snowpoint's theme just makes you feel like your in that city. It fits so well. Eterna forest <3. Spent hours in here levelling up with Cheryl and loved the music. It's gentle, calm, serene and relaxing. IMO it feels better then any of the forests that came before or since.

For Johto easy. Cianwood city and the Saffron city themes.

Cianwood comes close to Eterna forest, in that it's so relaxing and Saffron City makes you feel like your in the big city, having adventures. :p

Shoutout goes to the Kimono girls dance theme in HGSS! Pity it's so short, but very very sweet!

XY&Z Legend

Just chillin
I really liked Cyrus' battle theme. Being the first major boss battle to give you a hard time, and likely for you to rage quit, this theme sums up his menacing nature. In a way, he will curb-stomp your whole team if you are not well-prepared.

Also, Dialga & Palkia's theme is considered one of Pokemon's greatest masterpieces. The feeling of intensity and the tone of excitement makes this a fight to remember.

Krokketto Prime Danjal

Done with worldly lies
Diamond is such a great game and has some of the best music out of any of the main series.

Favourite route/ area BGM: the lakes - a very pleasant jingly tune with a nice beat. Also stands out because you hear it very early on in the game, a shape of sounds to come.

Favourite city BGM: Jubilife City, nighttime - love its jazziness.

Favourite battle music: Galactic leader trio. For me Team Galactic have the best villainous team music in the whole series to date just ahead of Team Flare. I like the Grunt tune but the ‘Planets'' tune just takes it to another level. That intro and then the fast tempo! I just love high BPM in music. In fact this tune would be in my top 5 all time Pokémon list of battle music, the kind that you just leave on playing in the background for ages, big tune!

Status
Not open for further replies.