• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Gen 4 Frontier Brain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Which Frontier Brain from the Gen 4 games (D/P/Pt/HG/SS) did you like the most? Please explain your choice(s) a little.

My favorite was and always will be Palmer, because he was technically the first one in Diamond and Pearl, and him being the rival's dad was cool. :p

Aquarelle

Staff member
I'll go with Palmer as well. I really liked how he was Barry's dad too and I've always loved his hairstyle & outfit (just makes his sprite look cool IMO).

I like the other brains as well - Thorton would probably be my next favourite.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Has to be Palmer for me. Because... well, he's Barry's father. If I remember correctly, Barry is the only rival who has a father... or am I forgetting Bianca, Brendan/May and Silver? :p :redface:

Kalosian

So long
Palmer is my favorite as well. I also liked how he was the father of Barry. Then I have a rather fond memory of my second battle against him in Pearl, I won that battle only because my Togekiss used Air Slash to flinch his Cresselia 6 times in a row. I felt so lucky afterwards. Finally, his quote after you beat him for the second time in D/P/P is one of my favorite quotes in the series.

Apart from Palmer, I am also a big fan of Thorton, Dahlia and Darach/Caitlin.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I am also a big fan of Thorton, Dahlia and Darach/Caitlin.

I never realized Caitlin was a Frontier Brain (well, sort of) in Gen 4 when I first played through the Gen 5 games, where she is one of the Unova Elite 4. But now realizing that just makes her even cooler - sort of like what they did to Koga in Gen 2, where he elevated himself to a member of the Johto E4 from being the Fuchsia Gym Leader in Gen 1.

Last edited:

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
I really like Darach/Caitlin for their castle setting, also butlers are cool as hell. Palmer is great as well, but not because he's Barry's father. Heck, if anything, he loses some points for that because I hate Barry lol. I just like that you can tell he's a strong trainer just from his design alone.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I liked Dahlia the most out of the Sinnoh/Johto Frontier Brains cuz she looked pretty and she seemed very lively as well ha ha. She gave me a hard time when I faced her in HeartGold however, tho I guess the challenge was what made the Gen 4 BF so thrilling.

ZilverLox

Banned
Palmer is my favorite of the 5 Sinnoh Frontier Brains, only based on his relation to the D/P/Pt rival however. I only battled him once and lost, which was one of my worst D/P/Pt memories. :(

McKnight

I like all of them equally. I think they all make a nice ensemble, especially with their different battle poses. (Used to think that Thorton shows an ID or something, before recently seeing his pre-battle dialogue on YouTube; never managed to fight him myself when I was playing SoulSilver personally.)

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I really like Darach/Caitlin for their castle setting, also butlers are cool as hell. Palmer is great as well, but not because he's Barry's father. Heck, if anything, he loses some points for that because I hate Barry lol. I just like that you can tell he's a strong trainer just from his design alone.

And I see your avatar is Caitlin. ;)

Bananarama

The light is coming
I absolutely adore Dahila the most. I like her flamboyant design and her choice of Pokemon (especially Blaziken).

Cat's Eye Draco

Dahlia, because the Battle Arcade is my all-time favorite Frontier challenge. I love the variety of possibilities and how you never know what kind of battle you'll get next. :D

Aquarelle

Staff member
I absolutely adore Dahila the most. I like her flamboyant design and her choice of Pokemon (especially Blaziken).
I totally forgot about this when I made my previous post here. I really like the Pokemon Dahlia uses, especially the Zapdos/Blaziken/Togekiss team she uses for the gold print battle. Her silver team lineup of Duskoir/Medicham/Ludicolo is nice, too; I've enjoyed using all three of those Pokemon on ingame teams before.

Dahlia was the first Frontier Brain I got the gold print from on Platinum IIRC (if not, then she was definitely the first non-Palmer one). I remember how tough it was for me to win that print (and then I think I lost my streak on the next trainer lol).
Oh, and her design is amazing IMO.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Of the five, I thought Kurotsugu (Palmer) was the best with regards to his team and cheery personality. Nejiki (Thorton) was kind of interesting as well in the sense that I liked his clothing and haircut.

Alloutℯ

Banned
Dahlia since she was the most energetic of the lot and she seemed to be the hardest to beat for me which added to the fun of battling her.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Darach/Caitlin are my favorites, and I think the Battle Castle looks pretty cool. I like the concept.

I liked Cochran (Darach), although it was somewhat irksome that Cattleya (Caitlin) was the real Frontier Brain, yet she didn't actually get to battle us in the Shinou/Jouto Battle Frontier.

Status
Not open for further replies.