• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Gen 4 legendary(ies)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the title suggests, which legendary (or legendaries) from the Sinnoh region is your favorite?

Like before, explain your choices a bit. Don't just put names/lists and nothing else.

There's actually no Sinnoh legends that are (top) favorites of mine, to be honest. The only two I like more than others are Shaymin and Arceus, both because of the movies they were in.

Well, I can also say, in Arceus's case, it's practically god of the Pokemon world. How awesome is that?

Pokemation

Pokémation
I would go with either Shaymin or Manaphy, I have always had a soft spot for the small legendaries :) (love celebi and jirachi!)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Dialga is my favorite Gen 4 Legendary at the moment. I've liked it ever since CoroCoro revealed it in 2006: I lurked here back then and I remember thinking it looked awesome. :p

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I have lots of Gen 4 Legendaries that I like. Dialga, Giratina and Darkrai because of their cool designs, Arceus because it's godly and Manaphy because it's just cute.

Doomdour

Color Ball Collector
Azelf, easily my favorite of the Lake Guardians. Didn't know him prior to catching in ORAS and instantly became a fan.

Don't like the others two Guardians much.

Aquarelle

Staff member
There are several I like, but I'll go with Shaymin. I love it's design and think it's absolutely adorable (especially Land Forme). I think it's just a sweet little thing. ^_^
Also, its name is similar to that of a neighbour we had who moved away not too long after DP came out in North America.

Lorde

Azelf, easily my favorite of the Lake Guardians. Didn't know him prior to catching in ORAS and instantly became a fan.

Don't like the others two Guardians much.

I didn't like the Lake Guardians much at all, personally. They basically all had the same bodies but with different heads. If I had to choose though, Azelf would be my favorite simply because I like blue.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I love Manaphy the most cuz water type legendaries are my favourites. Palkia looks pretty awesome too and so does Arceus cuz he's like a god. :D

Kalosian

So long
My favorites are the following:

Mesprit. My favorite from the Lake Trio. I like its design a bit better than Uxie and Azelf, and it represents emotions which is really cool. The only bad thing about it was the fact that it is a roamer, but that is a minor thing which doesn't have anything to do with the Pokemon itself.

Palkia. A really cool Pokemon. I like its typing, usefulness in battle, great signature move and design. One of the reasons I got Pearl before Diamond. I also remember it helping me a lot on my team in Pokemon Battle Revolution when I played through that game.

Giratina. I like the idea of a Pokemon representing antimatter. Didn't think of it much when D/P was new, but with Platinum, I started liking it more. Not only its Origin Forme, but the Alterned Forme as well. I like how it has different designs, both which are great, and how it can perform completely different roles in battle.

Shaymin. A cute little thing with flowers which spreads gratitude and creates flower fields. Also has a fantastic signature move. All of my yes. Was neutral towards it first, then it quickly grew on me and became one of my overall favorite Pokemon from this generation. I am especially fond of the Land Forme, but the Sky Forme is awesome too.

Lorde

I love Manaphy the most cuz water type legendaries are my favourites. Palkia looks pretty awesome too and so does Arceus cuz he's like a god. :D

I like Manaphy to an extent. I mean it's quite cute, but its moveset didn't impress me much when I used one in D/P: Cute Legendaries like it don't seem worth the hype in my opinion.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
There are several I like, but I'll go with Shaymin. I love it's design and think it's absolutely adorable (especially Land Forme). I think it's just a sweet little thing. ^_^
Also, its name is similar to that of a neighbour we had who moved away not too long after DP came out in North America.

My impression on Shaymin is that I liked it, particularly the change from its Land to Sky Formes, but I liked the Sky Forme more because it looks cooler than Land Forme.

JudySpell

Banned
For me its definitely Shaymin because its cute and has a cool forme change. I like Mesprit too because pink Pokemon pwn. :D

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I like the Lake trio best, all three of them. Come on, they are little teensy tiny psychic-type triplets and they were so freaking cute in the show, especially when they were cheerfully dancing around Ash and the gang after they "saved the day".

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I like the Lake trio best, all three of them. Come on, they are little teensy tiny psychic-type triplets and they were so freaking cute in the show, especially when they were cheerfully dancing around Ash and the gang after they "saved the day".

If I had to choose between the Lake Trio, I would choose Azelf because it's Lake is Lake Valor, which valor means bravery, which represents its highly offensive stats. It is also the most used Lake Trio in competitive.

Lorde

For me its definitely Shaymin because its cute and has a cool forme change. I like Mesprit too because pink Pokemon pwn. :D

Shaymin's Sky Form looks cool and I like the change of its cry as well, but its normal form looks too feminine for my tastes though. Seed Flare is my favorite Gen 4 Legendary signature move however.

Last edited:

The Majestic Mr L

The Green Thunder
Giratina. One of the best looking legendaries, both normal and shiny. Also the fact that its forms allow for both attacking and defending, and of course, the Distortion World! It's always one of my favorite parts in Platinum to go there.

Lorde

I also think Giratina is great. I prefer its Altered Form over its Origin Form though. I used Giratina in Diamond and it was my favorite Dragon-type tied with Dialga: I especially like its Shadow Force attack.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Darkrai, I love his story more than the others and the fact that he's the nightmare Pokemon. Plus his design is amazing

Shadow_Hunter

Sneak Thief
My favorite Legendary Pokémon from the Sinnoh region are Arceus and Giratina. No, Arceus isn't one of my favorite Legendary Pokémon from this region because it's supposedly the ''god'' of the Pokémon world but because back then in 2009, when that Pokémon movie featuring Arceus (and Dialga, Giratina, Palkia and Heatran) was new, I received a Level 100 Arceus from a Toys R Us event (promoting the movie or something). I was simply starting the game (fyi that game was Platinum) and my last save (or whatever) I was in the Water-type gym (there was a Pokémon Safari in that town if I remember correctly)...nevertheless I received that Arceus and thanks to it, I finished the game quicker than I could have expected. (It didn't obey me though...)
Giratina: Well I have always loved dragons and Giratina is no exception. His eldritch ( as in ghostly not related to Eldritch Abominations, you'll probably won't understand what I'm referring to) appearance and it's magnificent Origin Forme give it the impression that it's truly ancient. To be honest, it's ''Altered Forme'' doesn't look that impressive to me. It is unique compared to other dragons in the series like Rayquaza or Salamence. But most dragons in Pokémon are rather unique compared to other dragons from other works of fiction.

[size=-9]I do not know if I posted in this thread before.[/size]

Status
Not open for further replies.