1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest
    As I'm sure you're well aware, sites aren't free to run and so we run leaderboard adverts to fund the site. These ads are often specific game ones run by Sega etc.
    To make sure we get relevant ads as much as possible, could you fill out this survey my ad network is running? It's 100% anonymous and will just help us keep relevant ads on the site
    https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/8GL2ZTK
    It's open til April 3rd
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Gen 4 Starter Evolution Line?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation IV Discussion' started by shoz999, Mar 26, 2019.

?

What is your favorite Gen 4 Starter Pokemon Evolution Line

1. Chimchar > Monferno > Infernape

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  2. Piplup > Prinplup > Empoleon

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  3. Turtwig > Grotle > Torterra

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  1. shoz999

shoz999 ... Don't laugh.

What's your favorite Gen 4 Starter Evolution Line?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Shiny Venusaur

Shiny Venusaur The Prodigal Son

Overall, I think all 9 Sinnoh Starters are really solid. Back when the games came out, I was really big on Torterra but over the years and tons of competitive play, Infernape has become my favorite. Really like all 3 though; they have great unique designs are are able to make breakthroughs of the game diverse (especially in Platinum when they fixed the amount of fire types).

shoz999 likes this.
  3. Thakamizu

Thakamizu Wicked Angel Witch

Piplup is easily one of my favourite starters. Prinplup is funny and Empoleon just looks so kingly with its unique Water/Steel type combination.
    What's not to love about the imperial, armored penguin?

Leonhart and shoz999 like this.
  4. Ishiftyounot

Ishiftyounot Dum de dum...

I love all the Gen IV starters; my first games were Diamond and Pearl and they shaped my love for the games completely, and I'm very excited to be playing them once again with my friend over summer. My favourite has to be the Turtwig line, although ironically enough it was the starter I didn't choose in my first playthroughs of either game (had Piplup in Diamond and Chimchar in Pearl, only ever beat Pearl).

But still, Torterra is an amazing concept for a Pokemon. A continental tortoise that has an ecosystem living on top of it? Awesome! Plus Paul's in the anime was badass as hell and made to seem like an extremely durable and dangerous Pokemon to battle. I will be using Turtwig in summer to do it justice!

Leonhart and shoz999 like this.
  5. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

Turtwig, I really like Torterra's design, and it reaches its final stage earlier than the other Sinnoh starters. Piplup is second, as although I like Empoleon's typing and looks, its level-up movepool isn't that good. Chimchar is last, as I don't care for Infernape's design and find it overrated, but then again, Sinnoh doesn't have a good variety of Fire types otherwise.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
    shoz999 likes this.
  6. Ignition

Ignition Stop neglecting my sad bois GameFreak.

Best starter trio and I truly love all 3 but the Chimchar line since it’s my first Pokèmon

shoz999 likes this.
  7. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

It was basically a tie between Pochama and Hikozaru for me, but my love for penguins won in the end, so I voted for Pochama's evolutionary line as my favorite.

shoz999 likes this.
  8. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Werewolf of London Staff Member

It's a tie for me. I like both Turtwig's evolutionary line and Piplup's. Turtwig's got the vote from me in the end though.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019 at 12:12 AM
    shoz999 likes this.
  9. Hunter Zolomon

Hunter Zolomon Gotta Catch 'Em All Staff Member

I really like the Chimchar line the most! Chimchar, Monferno and Infernape have great designs. My Infernape was definitely my ace during Gen 4.

WishIhadaManafi5 and shoz999 like this.