• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Gen 5 BGM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nebbygetinthebag

The gym leader battle theme is epic and the low HP music is also epic especially when my Pokemon has a red HP while facing a trainer.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I love the entire soundtrack but I guess my favorite is a tie between Ns Castle and the ending them from B1W1. Luckily we got an awesome medley with both themes in SSB :)

Shayuin

Banned
N's Castle theme was hauntingly beautiful and was the best BW music in my opinion. Only Opelucid's White theme comes close.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
N's Castle theme was hauntingly beautiful and was the best BW music in my opinion. Only Opelucid's White theme comes close.

Someone (I forgot who it was exactly) said that the theme for N's Castle had very Zelda-ish vibes to it. I think some of the composers who worked on the Gen 5 music also worked on the music for the Zelda games, particularly A Link to the Past - Dragonspiral Tower's music sounds somewhat like a musical theme from that game.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Accumula Town's music gets stuck in my head so often and I don't even mind because it's so catchy and happy! It always puts me in a good mood.

Karakusa Town's theme music is certainly pleasant and upbeat, which I've always found somewhat amusing since we first meet the Plasma-dan and N there in Black and White. I love the addition of the piano when we speak to a certain NPC.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Karakusa Town's theme music is certainly pleasant and upbeat, which I've always found somewhat amusing since we first meet the Plasma-dan and N there in Black and White. I love the addition of the piano when we speak to a certain NPC.

In B2/W2, you can add even more background instruments if you give the two musicians in the northeast corner a Whismur and Kricketune (if I remember correctly). They also did this in Opelucid City, Anville Town and the Village Bridge, where if you walk by a local musician, they would add the instrument they're playing to the music.

(I know the Black version of Opelucid has a keytar, but I can't remember what it is in the White version. Probably a flute?)

Leonhart

Imagineer
Not particular about Gen 5, but I like Legendary battle theme the most. Others don't interest me much like this one does.

Gen V had some pretty cool Legendary Pokemon battle themes. The one used for Victini and the Musketeer trio was intense, yet it also sounded like upbeat techno music. It was an impressive medley of sounds.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Gen V had some pretty cool Legendary Pokemon battle themes. The one used for Victini and the Musketeer trio was intense, yet it also sounded like upbeat techno music. It was an impressive medley of sounds.

I don't remember Victini's theme because I never encountered her in the game, but I did have to listen to the Swords of Justice theme over and over to the tune of throwing many Ultra and Timer Balls. XD

How come no-one's talked about Reshiram/Zekrom's theme yet? Those trumpets... It sort of has that Hoenn beat to it, like Groudon/Kyogre's. :643: :644: ;382; ;383;

Whatever N's farewell music is called is my favorite. While on the subject though, I will admit to hating B/W's end credits music with a passion. It's so lame compared to R/S/E's and D/P/PT's.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Whatever N's farewell music is called is my favorite.

I think it's called "Unwavering Emotions" or something along that line. Why do you hate the B/W credits music though? It sounded pretty beautiful to me.

ArcanineShrine014029

Truegreen7 has a pretty nice top 20 list of Unova tracks on YouTube if it hasn't been mentioned already. : )

Black/White

-The music that plays while you choose your starter Pokemon with Cheren and Bianca in your house. It's so warm and adventurous.
-Route 6
-Opelucid City in (White especially)
-Elite Four
-Nimbasa City
-Unwavering emotion
-Castelia City
-N's castle bridge
-Final N battle
-Undella town. It's so calm and makes me reflective. I like this one over the B2W2 version which has a tropical resort vibe

Black 2 White 2
-Marine Tube
-Lentimas town
-PWT finals
-Flocessy Town
-Aspertia City. Best first town music in the series imo
-Virbank town at night
-Plasma Frigate (the music that plays inside the dungeon area of it)
-Route 23 (it's even in Smash 4!)
-Route 22
-Hugh encounter theme
-Champion battle (Iris)
-The ending theme: mainly the first few snippets of it where you walk down back stairs of the pokemon league after becoming champion

Stray thoughts:
-I like how the cave music changes key and sounds darker as you go through lower floors.
-Gym Leader's Last Pokemon is amazing and it's a shame nothing like it was added to XY/SM.
-All of the remixes of prior gym leader champion themes in the PWT are wonderful
-In the first Black/White, I like the musical buildup that takes place as you go through the different gates before Victory Road where you have to present each badge you've earned.
-For whatever reason I don't enjoy Driftveil city's music at all. If someone likes it can they explain why? Maybe there's another perspective I can listen to it from.
-I like that the music for pokemon encountered by special tiles (rustling grass, dust clouds, etc) is a crazier version of the normal wild encounter theme

I've been going back through 5th gen lately and this time around I enjoy the music much more than my first time playing through. The music in particular has been a big part of why I enjoy Unova much more now than before!

M.P.

Retired
I can't remember all the BGM of Gen 5, but I really like the N's Castle, Final N Battle and rustling grass encounter themes.

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
Opelucid’s music stands out the most to me, for no particular reason as most of the Gen 5 music is A-1, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.