• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Gen 5 BGM

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenoShay

Sinnoh Champ
Route 10 and N's theme I can vibe to

Kalosian

So long
One other track from Gen 5 that I have recently learned to appreciate is a Summer Remix of Lacunosa Town which is never played in any of the games but appears on the official soundtrack (as a bonus track, I would guess). It can be listened to on Youtube here or an extended version here. Listening to this made me appreciate Lacunosa Town a bit more, would have loved to hear this track in the games but then it wouldn't have been as special as it now is, so I don't mind.

JudySpell

Banned
N's battle BGM and Driftveil's BGM were my favs from Black & White and my fav from Black 2 & White 2 was the Virbank BGM.

Alatar VGC

House Greyjoy
Honestly this is tough. Gen 5 had some of the best music so far!

But it's a toss up between Bianca's theme and Opelucid City. White version that is.
Bianca because she was so sweet and her theme (IMO) captures her essence perfectly!
Opelucid City because it's charming, quaint and makes you feel like your in an old world place. Getting away from the craziness of the modern world I mean :)

Nyter

Island Challenger
Umm IF I had to choose for battle, it would definitely have to be Plasma battle theme on Black 2/White 2. The music is sick and so fast paced. It really brings in the adrenaline.

And the other one I like is actually the Entralink music. It's epic. It has like a climactic feel to it.

EspNeon

Badge Collector
I like Unwavering Heart (N's theme) from Black and White. It is sorrowful yet soothing. It captures the innocence and the power of the journey.

From B2W2 I'd have to say Vs the Champion. It reminds me of Mario Kart but also with every chord the intensity increases and it just seems to perfectly match the tone of the battle.

I'm also partial to a bit of ♫ └༼ຈل͜ຈ༽┐♫ O E A E A U I E O E A ♫ └༼ຈل͜ຈ༽┐ (Village Bridge)

Leonhart

Imagineer
Virbank Complex, Victory Road, Rival Hugh Battle, Reversal Mountain, Strange House, Route 10, Route 23, PWT Finals Battle, Colress Battle, Elite 4 Battle, Champion Iris, Alder Battle, Undella Town. Think that's all for now.

Krokketto Prime Danjal

Done with worldly lies
I've only played White, I haven't played the sequels. Some of the music was OK but I was actually largely disappointed with a lot of the themes in this game (worst gen unfortunately). I wasn't keen on the trainer battle music or gym leader battle music; says it all when I prefer the wild Pokémon battle music which has never been the case in any generation. As for champion Alder's theme, hugely forgettable which is a first for me and such a shame. Thank goodness then for N's themes, particularly the final fight which made up for it somewhat, definitely my favourite.

It would be the Elite Four theme, it sounded SUPER COOL, and i listened to it alot since i lost so many times;; Iris Champion theme because its peppy and sounded cool too, and the World Tournament Final Battle Music, i battled so many times and i LOVED hearing it, i have many great memories with that theme!

The Super Kid

The Underdog :(
Ooohhh. Gen V music huh? IMPOSSIBLE for me to name just one...:

B/W opening sequence theme (where N is crowned as king), B/W Title theme, Accumula Town, Gym Leader's last Pokemon (which must come back to S/M imo), Route 2, Route 10, Route 11, Route 23, N's Final Battle, Ns farewell, N's encounter theme, N's b2/w2 encounter theme, N's room... N's B2/W2 battle, BW Credits, Cynthia's theme, Alder's encounter theme, Entralink, Kanto Gym Leader theme, Johto Gym Leader theme, Kanto Champion theme, Johto Champion theme, Hugh's theme, Three Musketeers/Forces of Nature theme, Dragonspiral Tower, Relic Castle, Ghetsis' Theme, Colress' theme, PWT final battle, Team Plasma's theme, Neo Team Plasma's theme,

But if I had a gun to my head, B2/W2's title theme. That is the epitome of a masterpiece - the powerful horns about 30 seconds in, then cutting to the calming instruments about halfway in reverting then back to the thunderous horns at the end, gives me a feeling I can't even describe. It's a very "triumphant" theme.

I have high hopes for Sun/Moon after hearing the themes so far, though. Looks like it is following in the steps of Gen V's music. Is the composer of Gen V music doing Gen VII's too? I can definitely hear similarities.

Last edited:

rmctagg09

Wandering Researcher
I'll just copypasta something I said once on the subject of favorite Pokémon music:

Route 10's a fitting song for the end of your journey through Unova, right at the cusp of the battles against the Elite Four at the Pokémon League at the end of Victory Road, as well as the battles against N and Ghetsis.

It has an interesting counterpart in Route 23 from BW2, as opposed to Route 10’s feeling of melancholy, it has a feeling of triumph to it, which makes sense as this is shortly after you’ve defeated Ghetsis and presumably Kyurem for the last time, and the only challenge left is the Unova League itself.

DukeofPidgeot

I have multiple favorites. My favorite town theme is Castelia City, while my favorite battle theme is the Unova Elite Four, and my favorite monument theme is N's Castle.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I thought of a few more pieces of music I really like:

Route 3: This is probably my favourite route them after Route 10. There's something really nice and happy about this theme - made all those times I was riding around on my bike trying to get eggs more tolerable lol.
Driftveil: I think it just sounds really cool and find it very catchy.
Opelucid (White): This is definitely my favourite of the Opelucid themes. I like the historical vibe the music has and find that it suits the city very well.

Other music I thought of: Striaton City, Lentimas Town, the Gym Leader & Champion themes at the PWT.
I seem to have more favourite themes from this generation than I first though. :p

NPT

Just a member
I love BW/B2W2 music. My farvorites are...

• B/W Title Screen Theme
  • Nuvema Town
  • Professor Juniper's Pokémon Lab
  • Strong/Rare Wild Pokémon Battle Theme
  • Cheren/Bianca Battle Theme
  • Accumula Town (Drums)
  • Unova Route 1 (Spring/Summer)
  • Striaton City
  • Dreamyard
  • Victory! (Team Plasma)
  • Victory Lies Before You! (Gym Leader's Last Pokémon Theme)
  • Skyarrow Bridge
  • Village Bridge
  • Surfing Theme
  • Castelia City
  • Unova Route 4 (Spring)
  • Unwavering Emotions
  • Unova Bicycle Theme
  • Unova Route 6
  • Marvelous Bridge
  • Ferris Wheel Theme
  • Victory! (Champion)
  • Black City
  • White Forest
  • Undella Town (Autumn/Winter/Spring)
  • B/W Ending Credits Theme [This is the best Pokémon ending credits theme IMO]
  • Floccesy Town
  • Entralink
  • B2/W2 Ending Credits Theme

As for why I like the above tracks so much... because they're great, that's all.

Last edited:

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
This is my favorite generation in terms of music! I just love about every track! Some of my favorites are Professor Juniper's Lab theme, Victory Road, Pokemon League, Driftveil City (and the BW2 Clay theme along with the other gym themes), BW2 Team Plasma, Trainer Battle theme, Hugh theme (both Encounter and Battle), Unwavering Emotions, End Credits (BW), Encounter! Shadow Triad!, and more.

Status
Not open for further replies.