• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Gen 7 Ships

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Gen 7 is nearing it's end folks as Gen 8 will soon take off, so let's discuss your favorite ships of Gen 7!

Rules
  1. All SPPF Rules and Shippers Community Rules apply. Read them before you post anything here.
  2. No bashing or flaming other members, characters, or shippings.
  3. Stay On Topic
  4. No inappropriate or inoffensive material.
  5. IMPORTANT - No one-liners, short responses that don't contribute much of the discussion at hand.
  6. IMPORTANT - No debates between ships. For example, no Shipping A vs. Shipping B arguments.

I'll kick off with three favorite ones of recently in the Pokemon Adventures Sun & Moon manga. Now I don't know if maybe I just love the fun chemistry and character dynamics between two characters or that I do think they would make a good pairing but first off is...

270px-Sun_Moon_Adventures.png

Luminaryshipping - Sun x Moon

Luminaryshipping, this is the current popular fanterm for this ship between Sun and Moon until the shipping gods of Bulbapedia step in and I just love the hilarious chemistry between the stubborn hard-working money-loving boi that is Sun and the analytical logical science gal that is Moon. In some ways, Sun is like the knight to Moon's Queen as Sun often supports and praises Moon's leadership skills and even better when both of them are in action, tackling against powerful foes together. I think no one can deny their journey together is an awesome one.

8y4SGKB.png

Unnamedshipping - Gladion x Moon
So another pair of trainers I just love seeing working together or even fighting each other is Gladion and Moon. If Sun is the shonen knight hero than Gladion is the edgy rogue anti-hero. They are both perceptively analytical minds who are able to make sharp deductions and unlike the anime where they may take Gladion a little too seriously, I just love seeing the two give off a "O_O" look together whenever something stupid happens lol.

NbiK4zz.png

Unnamedshipping - Lillie x Sun
So another pair of characters I like seeing together, having just some downright hilarious chemistry together is Lillie and Sun. If Moon is the Queen than I would assume that Lillie is in many ways like the princess. Both Lillie and Sun are both good-hearted, if not naive characters who believe in the best in others, notably Sun believing in the best of Moon and Lillie believing in the best of her brother, Gladion. Also it's just hilarious as old as this trope is to see oblivious girl character making shonen protagonist character nervous.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Ash and Selene (Moon's game counterpart). I believe this is called Alolashipping, though I see people calling it Hibiscusshipping.

As of June of last year, It has dethroned Othelloshipping as my number 1 ship of all time, which held that spot for more than 4 years. Selene feels to me like a combination of my headcanons for Leaf and Hilda. This gives her everything I ever saw in Hilda, PLUS the "childhood friend" advantages that came with Leaf.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
19978.png

Status
Not open for further replies.