• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Gen 9 Pokemon

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
To go along with the 'Ugliest Gen 9 Pokemon' thread we have, I figured it would be nice to have a thread where we could talk about the designs that we ended up loving. So as the title says, what Gen 9 Pokemon did you end up loving by the end of your adventure?

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
Palafin, Roaring Moon, Scream Tail, Flutter Mane, Glimmora, Farigiraf, Great Tusk, Greavard and Cetitan.

Red and Blue

Sprigatito line, Tinkaton, Palafin, the Fire Warriors, Baxcalibur, the three Paldean Tauros, Cetitan, Lokix, Orthworm, Gholdengo, Annilihape, Chien Pao, Wo Chien, Great Tusk, Slither Wings, Scream Tail, Roaring Moon, Iron Treads, Iron Valiant, and Koraidon

Last edited:

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
Gholdengo (it gholdengo has a million fans I am one of them yadda yadda), Kilowattrel (simple but effective), Toedscool (cruel is cool too but I like the goofy run), Tinkaton, Fire Warriors, Rabsca (underrated), most past paradoxes, the box legends, the ruinous quartet, and revavroom (I like objectmons)
Damn, even narrowing down was hard, I know some people will not like this dex but I think they tried something different and it mostly paid off for me, rabsca's pre evo sucks though but the shiny is funny

Ceruledge by far for me. It has a great design and a nice move pool. Ghost type has always been my favorite, so everything clicks for me.
Baxcalibur's design based on Godzilla was great for me too, plus it's massive attack stat and good overall stats, at least for the adventure.
Flamigo was curious at the beginning of my game, with time started to feel op with it's speed and typing. I didn't expect to count on it that much. It really helped out against team star since I didn't battle them in order.
Other nice entries are Tinkaton, Palafin and it's interesting ability and Farigiraf. A pleasent new dex indeed.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Lokix, definitely. Toedscool won me over the minute it started flailing around, and spinning on one foot to kick opponents. As much as everyone loves Tinkaton, I think I like Tinkatuff more. Same with Doliv. Garganacl and Paldean Wooper are also cherished gems. This Gen has some standouts.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
My top 10:

1. Meowscarada
2. Lechonk
3. Armarouge
4. Skeledirge
5. Rabsca
6. Clodsire
7. Gholdengo
8. Tinkaton
9. Paldea Tauros
10. Kilowattrel

dementeddurian

Love Ball Lover
Scovillain is a favorite of mine in general because I love hot sauce. I get some for Christmas just about every year.

Another is Bombirdier. I like interesting Dark-Types that don't exactly do the expected route like Weavile and Sharpedo does.

Lastly, I would say Sandy Shocks. Just an absolute weird one that I like. Still need to get Scarlet so I can catch it in a Love Ball and amp up the weirdness.

zolios

I love Kingambit's design and lore, definitely one of my favorite Pokemon it the last couple of generations. I also think Scovillain is really cool and interesting. Quaxly is super cute and I wish the entire evolution line kept the sailor theme instead of becoming dancers.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
This might sound really weird but I think Gholdengo is my favorites. It's just so totally radical.
I think it's funny looking and I like how it's got a different vibe from pretty much every other ghost type and its animations are very lively and give it character
It's also popular on 4chan but for entirely different reasons

Baggie_Saiyan

Tinkaton line
Pawmi line
Floragato and Sprig (Mewoscrada is fine I just don't like it as much as the other two)
Finizen/Palafin base form
Espathra

Copley Hill Gym

Baxcalibur, hands down. Palafin/Palafin Hero Mode shortly after, and lastly Ceruledge/Armorouge. Some phenomenal designs in the newest generation.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
I need to wait a bit for the dust to settle down, but right now my favorite is surprisingly Spidops.

I say surprisingly because I absolutely hated it when it first leaked and thought it ruined the adorable Tarountula.
Playing the game I had Tarountula in my team but planned to box it once it evolved. Then once it evolved I saw Spidops running animation and "huh, he looks cool crawling like a real spider, guess I will keep him for a bit longer". Then I just kept him in the team a bit longer, then a bit longer, and bit by bit this uglyass mf gained me over.

I still am not a big fan of his design, but I love him despite of it. Also he is surprisingly good for the game campaign, give him a Leech Life TM and he can be pretty hard to take down.

Ryker101

My favourite is Skeledirge. I love the skeleton lizard idea, its fire/ghost typing (even if its same as H-Typhlosion) and its quadruped look. It differentiates it from other reptile starters we’ve had. Torch song is also busted, was great steamrolling through certain teams (like steel e4 and Geeta) and combining it with blaze or overheat. Just a great mon in general

Also like Grafarai, Pawmot, Baxcalibur to name a few

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Tinkaton is honestly my favorite, but Pawmot is probably the one that grew on me the most

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Current top 10 in no particular order:

1. Skeledirge
2. Ceruledge
3. Tinkaton
4. Miraidon
5. Roaring Moon
6. Iron Valiant
7. Great Tusk
8. Kilowattrel
9. Flutter Mane
10. Cetoddle

Honorable mentions: Glimmora, Dondozo, Tatsugiri, Farigiraf

Sadly Dondozo was effectively a late-game Pokemon as I would have included one on my in-game team.

Last edited:

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Meowscarada - even if it is bipedial, I still like its sleek design, movepool, and Protean (they should have never nerfed it).
Great Tusk - intimidating and has a good movepool and unique typing.
Pawmot - quite unique for an electric rodent, and a much cooler Electric/Fighting-type than Iron Hands.
I also like: Baxcalibur, Flutter Mane, Veluza, Kilowattrel, Iron Thorns, Clodsire, and Tatsugiri.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Now that the official artwork is out, I can say my favorites of this generation are Koraidon/Miraidon (mostly the former due to having Scarlet, but both are great), Skeledirge, Great Tusk, Palafin, Quaquaval, Tinkaton, Farigiraf, Meowscarda, Roaring Moon, Iron Valiant, Slither Wing, Baxcalibur, the Treasures of Ruin (with Chien-Pao and Wo-Chien standing out a bit more from the other two) and Lotix.

Honorable mentions to Tatsugiri, Dondozo, and Sandy Shocks.