• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Generation 4 Game?

Favorite Gen. 4 Game?

• Diamond

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Pearl

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Platinum

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • HeartGold

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • SoulSilver

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • Other (Explain in post)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
So what's your favorite?

Lugion

So far, Platinum. I'll withold my vote until I've completed SoulSilver in a few months.

Torpoleon

My favorite is SoulSilver. It just seems like an awesome game! I love all the new features that it has too!

Platinum.Its so much harder to beat then other pokemon games because the trainers actually get stronger.

Tiomasta

Not amused
Platinum is surely better than Diamond and Pearl, and HG/SS can't be real choices because they didn't release them here yet, so you can't judge those, and therefore vote, because you can't vote if you don't know all the choices well.

Atlidevil

Game Hoarder
Platinum. Cause its the only one i have.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
I whould say right now Platinum.I will pick HGSS when the come out here.

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
Sort of an unfair comparison. Platinum, like Crystal and Yellow, was the 3rd release of their series. So Platinum has been fined tuned to be better than the others that were released before it. They give you new and better stuff to make you want to buy it rather than continue playing your Diamond or Pearl. So you really can't compare Platinum to the other two since it was specifically designed to be better.

Can't really say anything about HG/SS since I haven't played yet.

OmniRo

Banned
My favorite game is SoulSilver cause I love Johto!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
A tie between Diamond and SoulSilver.

Diamond was my first Japanese game and SoulSilver was my second. But I guess Diamond is the most original.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
My favorite is Platinum. i think it was the best without any doubt.

lansbury9

Platinum. I have all 3 events on it: Secret Key, Member's Card, and Oak's Letter. My Trainer is called Lucas, with an Empoleon to match his appearance in Platinum. My rival is Barry, with a Torterra to match his scarf. "Stuck" on the Elite 4, trying to decide which level my Empoleon should be in the hall of fame at, and possibly other team members, possibly all Sinnoh Pokémon. My Empoleon has an Impish nature to match it's personality on Mystery Dungeon. Won't be starting a new save and deleting all this. I once found a defect on my DSi, but Platinum was safe as ever. If I had to take my game for a new one, all my events will be gone! So glad!

Xx Flare xX

Platinum for now
HeartGold and SoulSilver are likely to top them when they get released in the UK ;)

CountCrotchula

I voted for soulsilver because you get lugia first. HeartGold and Soulsilver has many obtainable legendaries that i dont have and it has an epic arceus event

lansbury9

HG/SS better be harder, I heard the Elite 4 except for Lance may be to easy, even after 3 years. Lance should have harder Pokémon reserved for experienced trainers. Good thing Agatha's (read: Bertha) in Platinum then. The Elite Kanto gym leaders are looking cool, by the way. Still, it has balance to it--Johto is more memorable now that it's been re-made, and the the box-art for Lugia is beautiful! Detailed, even for words. Getting Soul Silver, choosing a water starter as I did on Platinum and will...(I do not liek Mudkipz) on the next game!

Mr.Brightside

You will evolve too!
Platinum i guess. It is the first game i play after years and i really like it. Anyway i think HG/SS will be ten times better since you have Pokemon to follow you. Until then though, my vote goes to Platinum.