• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Generation 4 Music?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are many area music and battle themes present in the fourth generation of the Pokémon series, and I'd like to see everyone's favorite. This includes the revamped HG/SS tunes and the GB Sounds ones as well.~

Personally, my favorite piece of music out of the generation would have to be the Trainer Battle theme from D/P/Pt. Generation 4 being my first generation, and Platinum being my first ever game, the theme seems so.. home-y. Comfy. Cozy. Very nostalgic, as well. It brings back many memories of my first Platinum run.

PokemonJesus123

The Pokémon Punk
Dialga/Palkia battle music was personally my favorite.
Also, the Team Galatic grunts theme, in my opinion, has the best villain theme in the whole game series!
...I would like to add the Battle Frontier brain music to my list favorites too I guess :D

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
Lake of Rage theme from G/S and HG/SS. It's relaxing and catchy to me.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I have so many favorite Gen 4 songs that it's hard to list them all. Here are the ones that stick out in my mind the most from D/P/Pt:

• Dawn/Lucas encounter theme
  • Jubilife City theme (night)
  • Route 203 theme
  • Oreburgh City theme (night)
  • Team Galactic battle theme
  • Eterna Forest theme
  • Solaceon Town/Pastoria City theme
  • Game Corner theme
  • Canalave City theme
  • Team Galactic HQ theme
  • Route 216 theme
  • Champion theme
  • Ending Credits theme
  • Giratina battle theme (Platinum)
  • Battle Hall theme
  • Frontier Brain battle theme

Gemball

in Verity Lakefront (and i think same like in Valor Lakefront & Acuity Lakefront) is realy nice music my favorite, is so much ... pretty :)

Kalosian

So long
I love most of the music from D/P/P, but my favorites are the following:

All three games:
- Route 201 / Some other early areas
- Normal Trainer Battle theme
- Gym Leader Battle theme
- Jubilife City
- Rival Battle Theme
- Oreburgh City
- Floaroma Town
- Route 205 / Valley Windworks
- Eterna Forest / Fullmoon Island
- Old Chateau
- Canalave City
- Mt. Coronet upper areas
- Dialga / Palkia battle theme
- Sunyshore City
- Victory Road
- Fight Area / Survival Area
- Route 225
- Game Corner
- Uxie / Mesprit / Azelf battle theme
- Route 216
- Snowpoint City
- Battle Tower (inside)
- Cynthia Battle theme
- Ending Credits

Platinum only:
- Giratina Battle theme
- Distortion World
- Frontier Brain Battle theme

Regarding HG/SS, I didn't like the music in them quite as much as the music in the Sinnoh games, and I felt that some tracks were actually better in the original G/S/C.

That said, I did like the following:
- Cinnabar Island
- Raikou / Entei / Suicune Battle theme
- Ho-oh Battle theme
- Hoenn Sound
- Sinnoh Sound
- Ecruteak City
- Cianwood City

I have probably forgotten some music I like (for both D/P/P and HG/SS), but these are the main ones I can remember.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
My favourites music tracks from gen4 are:

- Origin Giratina battle (Platinum)
- Team Galactic Commander battle (DPPt)
- VS Team Rocket (HGSS)
- Elite 4 battle (HGSS)
- Frontier Brain (PtHGSS)
- Johto Game Corner (GB Sounds)
- Rival battle (DPPt)

There are probably others but, as I haven't played Gen4 in awhile, I can't remember.

hypnofreak

Hex Maniac
Oh, the jazzy themes of the fourth generation are among my favourites. The prelude to Rt. 116 reminds me of watching snow fall in tranquility, a bright and dark green landscape of snow-covered pines and mind hazy as the weather.

Jubilife City and Rt. 228 by night also evoke excitement from this corner.

Silicone

Poison Moth
The bike theme reminds me the most of the Sinnoh region as a whole..
I love Jubilife City's theme. Its so bubbly and sentimental, and when that person in Kalos plays it, I stopped and listened to it.

The distortion world's theme, and Cynthia's battle theme are epic and I kove the atmosphere

Saturnidae

Bugs!! :3
Hmmm The game corner's theme is sooooo good XD Definitly my favorite! Also, the snowy route (you all know what I mean O^O) is really good too. The underground as well, it reminds me of the Hoenn desert ;_;

Lost Lore

Diving Deep
Route 216/217 and Mt. Coronet (but only at the deeper points, if I'm remembering right) both have that amazing music that really do bring to mind trekking through feet of snow. They've always been pretty high on my list of favourites. For a similar reason I also like the music for Sinjoh Ruins.

Battle music wise, I like Giratina's creepy what-the-hell-am-I-about-to-fight music, Dialga and Palkia's, Cyrus' and Cynthia's. Always with that flair for the dramatic on that last one. And speaking for HG/SS, the Johto Gym Leader battle music is a really awesome remix.

Arvis

For some reason, i like the music from Oreburgh city, even if it's not particularly great.

Also, the HGSS version's of Olivine City and Goldenrod city.

Timmyzzz

K-Pop and Pokemon<3
It's pretty hard to choose a definite favorite, but some of the ones that I can remember best are Ho-Oh's theme, the Frontier Brain and National Park.

Ruas

Choosing a single favourite is indeed hard, but the first tune that comes to my mind when thinking about Sinnoh is Canalave City. It's such a melodious tune & it really fits when exploring the city, it's little bridge, reading books in that library...

Neji-and-Pidgeot

Mine are route 209, route 202, professors elms lab, route 29, and the surfing theme from hgss.

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
Route 203. D/P/Pt. This is personally my favorite song.

I heard it when I was 7 years old and I thought it was the most beautiful sound I've ever heard in my whole life.

Status
Not open for further replies.