• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Genre of Music

favorite Genre

• Swing/Jazz

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Heavy Metal

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Rock

Votes: 17 44.7%
  • Rap

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Classical

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Hip Hop

• Folk

• that music they use in religion. you know, that hym music

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters

Rave

Banned
Voted for metal.

My top use tags on last.fm are thrash metal, death metal, melodic death metal, doom metal, progressive metal, black metal, heavy metal, and hardcore punk.

Fairly accurate. I also like the grunge scene and a few folk artists.

??????

That guy.
I lol at the fact that rock is separated into over 9000 genre's.

My white boy friends are turning me into a rock fanboy. But I still love R&b, especially John Legend.

treespyro

Vintage much?
Rock, Jazz and Blues

NimhShambler

Some Broke Machine
Rock. Anything from Buddy Holley to KoRn....eh heh.

Though I also like Billie Holiday. She was my hero when I was a litttle kid. That's the reason I sing the way I do. (She's loung-singer type music, if you don't know.)

I also listen to funk, soul, motown, grunge, metal, death metal, punk (REAL punk, not stuff like Good Charolette), what the hell ever The Cure is (New Wave?) Alt. Rock, ect.

....>>.......<<.......I also listen to video game music. (Just the works of Akira Yamaoka. I'm not a weirdo)

I don't listen to rap or country, or what the hell ever stuff like Lady Ga Ga and Keisha is.
(pop?)

~Nemmeh ;107;

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
It's a tie between metal and rap for my favorites, but I like rock, pop, and electronic too. I can't really be assed to delve into subgenres for each one, which is good for my sanity since metal and rock have enough subgenres to eclipse the sun. Although I will say that I'm partial to german industrial metal/Neue Deutsche Härte(it's more than just Rammstein! Megaherz, Oomph and Eisbrecher are the main ones I listen to along with Rammstein)

PS: Ahahaha jazz and classical are poll options, but not pop? That's...something.

Nemmeh said:
I don't listen to rap or country, or what the hell ever stuff like Lady Ga Ga and Keisha is.
(pop?)
Lady Gaga is awesome, obviously. (okay okay, it's pop with a heavy dose of electronica)

Yes, I just admitted to liking german metal and Lady Gaga in the same post. Don't judge me, man.

Profesco

gone gently
Commercial jingles.

My fav music is music from video games... if they had their own station, I'd listen to it.

However, I'm not picky about it... if it's not country, I'll listen to it, assuming it's not overly repetitive or pointlessly screaming at me.

poizonsting

Pokemon master
(pop?)

Lady Gaga would even be a disgrace to pop itself. The only decent pop group I can think of (and I used to listen to) is Savage Garden.

Talking of country music, try John Denver's "Leaving on a Jet Plane" or "Annie's Song". I'm not a country listener, but I admire John Denver in particular

Lawnmowergirl

Fangirl =/= Weeaboo
Actually, my favorite genre is indie. [/not on the list] -.-

NimhShambler

Some Broke Machine
Talking of country music, try John Denver's "Leaving on a Jet Plane" or "Annie's Song". I'm not a country listener, but I admire John Denver in particular

Ha! I actually have those songs on my mp3 player, as well as quite a few others of his. I always considered John Denver to be more folk, akin to people like Arlo Guthrie, than country.

Pity what happened to ol' Denver. ;_; (I believe he died in a plane crash, right? Sad that I've already forgotten. I just watched a documentary on him a couple months ago.)

Which folk was the genre I forgot to say in my other post, but man, I listen to a lot! I sometimes forget....I also like (some! Not all!) hair bands, like Posion, Skid Row, Def Leppard, The Scorpions (<-whoo! They're German! Like me!) and such. (Warrant is just terrible, though. Terrible, as is Great White...ugh!) And much to my immense shame, some John Mayer, Damian Rice, and Pete Yorn songs. (one of each of the last two.)

In a side note, Pink Floyd's "The Thin Ice" was my lullaby when I was a baby.

[/incoherant_rant]

~Nemmeh ;107;

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
I often tell people that my favourite genres of music are "dance, new age, and metal", sometimes saying, "Odd variety eh?" afterward. I voted for heavy metal on the poll because... that's my favourite of all genres listed there. But I'm also into a broad range of music genres under dance, new age, and folk.

Under "dance": Eurodance, Eurobeat, dance pop, trance

Under "new age/folk": New age, folk, neo-classical, some world music (which is about 80% Celtic)

Under "metal": Mainly power metal (often with a fantasy theme) with the occasional gothic rock

I also like a bit of Electronica, J-Pop, and Oldies. I guess the genres I'm really not that into are rap and country.

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
Kind of a crappy poll since there're way too many genres to list but w/e.

Anyway, various forms of Metal I guess, with occasional dabbling in Metalcore but only a couple of bands. However, I go through phases where I'll listen to a lot of Rap or Electronic music, along with Alternative / Indie (if it's even called that anymore). Recently, I've been heavily into Drum & Bass and all that, so.

Vermehlo_Steele

Grand Arbiter II
pffft, you guys have no taste, anything on Eurovision is cool.