• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Ghost Pokemon

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
Since it's the first day of October..

Do you have a favorite Ghost Pokemon? For me, it's Misdreavus. I like Gengar too

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Love the Gastly and Litwick lines. Just really fun to use.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Favorite shiny Ghost Pokemon
  • Gen 1: Gastly/Mega Gengar. Mega Gengar is a Gen VI addition, but a Gen I Pokemon so it may or may not qualify
  • Gen 2: Misdreavus by default
  • Gen 3: Duskull. It has a better red color than Dusclops, which adding to the skull
  • Gen 4: Ultimately, Giratina. Its a curious main color swap, but add the rest and it really pops
  • Gen 5: Chandelure. Too obvious?
  • Gen 6: If Mega Gengar doesn't count Gen 1? If not, the albino Trevenant is my favorite shiny
  • Gen 7: Blacephalon, with its techno-spooky coloration

Actual favorite Ghost Pokemon
  • Gen 1-2: Gengar and Misdreavus by default, though Gengar still stands the test of time
  • Gen 3: Shedinja. It has a very unique concept behind it, even with Wonder Guard 1HP makes an interesting challenge
  • Gen 4: It has to go to Giratina. If we aren't including legendaries its Dusknoir, who I have good memories as part of my first real time and packing a wallop
  • Gen 5: This was difficult to decide, but I ultimately go with Golurk due to being a mecha that's a strong fighter. And I love that it can learn Fly
  • Gen 6: Aegislash. The ability to flip into an offense or defensive form is a godsend and it has the best Protect variant to date. Yeah, more than Spiky Shield
  • Gen 7: I can't in good faith include Lunala because I don't love Lunala the species, but Nebby the Solgaleo/Lunala. Rather, it has to go to Mimikyu, with Dhelmise just barely missing it. The ability, the concept, it's all so amazing

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Dhelmise. Something about this little ghosty seaweed/anchor makes me love it. Acerola also has one as well, and she's a real cutie. :D

I knew I was forgetting a Pokémon! It is one of my favorites and I like the idea of an anchor that is being possessed by ghostly seaweed. It definitely is one of the more interesting and better inanimate object Pokémon.

I think Captain Jigglypuff said it best.

These would probably be my top 10 Ghost types:

1. Dhelmise
  2. Mimikyu
  3. Chandelure
  4. Shuppet
  5. Duskull
  6. Spiritomb
  7. Decidueye
  8. Polteageist
  9. Giratina
  10. Alolan Marowak

Dragon Pulse

As it so happens Ghost is my favorite type. Gen 7 probably introduced the majority of my favorite Ghost Pokémon, and is the generation where Ghost became my favorite typing because of that (prior to it I had no particular favorite type at all). Decidueye, Mimikyu and Blacephalon are one of my top favorites, if not my top 3. I also adore older Ghost types too of course, such as Shuppet and Gengar.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Go on, take a guess.

It's Misdreavus, who's my favorite Pokemon overall despite not being my favorite overall type (Ice)

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Decidueye, the fact that it was considered for Smash before being replaced with a cereal mascot still saddens me.