• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Ghost Pokemon

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Decidueye, the fact that it was considered for Smash before being replaced with a cereal mascot still saddens me.
I’d love to see Decidueye play out in Smash similarly to how it fights in Pokken with Sinister Arrow RAID being its Smash.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I’d love to see Decidueye play out in Smash similarly to how it fights in Pokken with Sinister Arrow RAID being its Smash.

Maybe Decidueye can be a DLC fighter?

Sponge

Cofagrigus is not only my favourite ghost type Pokemon, but my favourite Pokemon ever. I love everything about it. I honestly wonder why more people don't seem to like it, its super unique.

My top five would probably be....

1. Cofagrigus
2. Golurk
3. Trevenant
4. Polteageist
5. Dhelmise

Honourable Mentions: Drifblim, Gengar, Mimikyu, Blacephalon

Last edited:

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
Cofagrigus is not only my favourite ghost type Pokemon, but my favourite Pokemon ever. I love everything about it. I honestly wonder why more people don't seem to like it, its super unique.
I freaking love Cofagrigus. It was a staple member of one of my Gen V teams (can't remember which) who never let me down. Definitely one of my top favorite Ghost-types.

My personal favorite is probably Aegislash. Close runners-up include Dhelmise, Decidueye, Chandelure, Froslass, and (of course) Cofagrigus.

Edit: Man, Gen VIII was great for Ghost-types! Gonna have to add Runerigus, Dreepy, Cursola, and Polteageist to that lineup.

Last edited:

TokoyamiTheDark

The Purple Karakasa
Here are my favs Ghost-types for each Gen -

Gen 1 : Gengar
Gen 2 : Misdreavus
Gen 3 : Dusclops
Gen 4 : Giratina (finally a legendary Ghost!)
Gen 5 : Cofagrigus (no bad puns please)
Gen 6 : Aegislash
Gen 7 : Decidueye

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
Gen 1.Gengar (the only one)

Gen 2.Misdreveous(the only one)

Gen 3.Banette

Gen 4.Dusknoir or Mismagius

Gen 5.Chandelure and Golurk

Gen 6.Mega Gengar and Trevenant

Gen 7.Decidueye and Mimykyu

RoughCoronet0

Dragon lover
I’m not including Galar Pokemon as I’m still playing these games and it takes me a few months to really get a feel for the new Pokemon. That being said....

10. Palossand (This is one of those Pokemon that it’s shiny form really made me grow to appreciate it. The black sand that’s based off of black beaches? Awesome.)
9. Gengar (Another Kanto Pokemon that I didn’t grow to really like u ntil later gens. This time from Pokemon Y, where I gained one from a wonder trade. It was a monster on my team. It was my first time using one. Plus it being basically a ghostly shade is awesome.)
8. Froslass (I love it’s design and it’s japanese yokai inspiration)
7. Mismagius (I love the ghostly witch ascetic)
6. Banette (Poor doll angry at being abandoned. So sad. I have enjoyed using this Pokemon in Ruby and Omega Ruby)
5. Dhelmise (I was surprised at how much I enjoyed using this grassy ghost anchor, but I seem to have a strange fondness for object or possessed object Pokemon)
4. Mimikyu (Such a clever take on the pikachu clone concept while having some sad and cute, but also creepy lore)
3. Aegislash (I love swords and knight and it reminds me a bit of intelligent magic items or artifacts from D&D lore)
2. Chandelure (This is such a spooky and elegant Pokemon and I absolutely love it)
1. Decidueye (My favorite of the alolan starters and just an all around amazing Pokemon. I love the archer theme it has going on and imagine it as a ghostly protester of the forest)

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I’m adding Runeagius to the list because it is really useful even if it’s tricky to get the damage requirement for it to evolve just right. The Wandering Spirit Ability has helped me so much during my Sword playthrough that I took out Raihan’s Sandaconda and Flygon by switching around Abilities.

Leonhart

Imagineer
TwilightBlade said:
Gen 2 : Misdreavus - by default

I forgot that Muuma (Misdreavus) was the only new Ghost-type from Gen II, which is odd when you consider that Jouto had the first Ghost Gym. I think it should've received its eventual evolved form in that same generation just to give Gen II a little more type diversity.

Alita54

Misdreavus. Honorary mentions to (Mega) Gengar, Haunter, Gastly, Mimikyu, Alolan marowak, and Aegislash.

catzeye

Writer's Block
Litwick line, Honedge line, Mimikyu, Froslass, Runerigus, Giratina, Dreepy line, G-Corsola Line,