• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite God-level Characters in video games

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
rpGfagV.png

Discuss favorite God-level characters in video games!

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Pfft. Is the Omanyte a reference to Helix from Twitch Plays Pokémon? If so, that's funny.

Though I was kind of hoping you'd clarify on what you mean by God-tier so that there won't be any issues on who will be discussed because everyone has different ideas of what's "God-tier" but oh well.

I'll just start off with first thing off the top of my head: the Velvet Room siblings of the Persona series, Margaret, Elizabeth, Theodore and Lavenza/Caroline abd Justine. All of them are available to fight as secret bosses in their respective games and there's a good reason why. They're all very powerful, being able to wield the Persona from their guest's Persona Compedium, with Elizabeth even having a Pixie that can use a Megidolaon that does 9999 damage, the maximum amount of damage you can do in the game. And to further prove the point, in the Persona 4 Arena games, when Elizabeth and Margaret are beaten, instead of fainting, they're just lying on the floor, relaxing, with a satisfied smile on their face. And well, Elizabeth just barrels through walls and roofs like they're nothing.

But I love them because of their personalities. Elizabeth is absolutely amazing with her strange and mischievous way of thinking. Margaret might be calmer but she still has her trolling and sarcastic moments. Lavenza, as both herself and split as Caroline and Justine, is absolutely precious, though equally vicious (I mean she uses a chainsaw for certain things after all) and then there's poor Theodore, who's just the sweetest out of all of them but is constantly pranked by Elizabeth.

So yeah, I love them individually as well as one big, crazy family.

Especially Elizabeth though. Her dialogue is amazing.

shoz999

Pfft. Is the Omanyte a reference to Helix from Twitch Plays Pokémon? If so, that's funny.

Though I was kind of hoping you'd clarify on what you mean by God-tier so that there won't be any issues on who will be discussed because everyone has different ideas of what's "God-tier" but oh well.

I'll just start off with first thing off the top of my head: the Velvet Room siblings of the Persona series, Margaret, Elizabeth, Theodore and Lavenza/Caroline abd Justine. All of them are available to fight as secret bosses in their respective games and there's a good reason why. They're all very powerful, being able to wield the Persona from their guest's Persona Compedium, with Elizabeth even having a Pixie that can use a Megidolaon that does 9999 damage, the maximum amount of damage you can do in the game. And to further prove the point, in the Persona 4 Arena games, when Elizabeth and Margaret are beaten, instead of fainting, they're just lying on the floor, relaxing, with a satisfied smile on their face. And well, Elizabeth just barrels through walls and roofs like they're nothing.

But I love them because of their personalities. Elizabeth is absolutely amazing with her strange and mischievous way of thinking. Margaret might be calmer but she still has her trolling and sarcastic moments. Lavenza, as both herself and split as Caroline and Justine, is absolutely precious, though equally vicious (I mean she uses a chainsaw for certain things after all) and then there's poor Theodore, who's just the sweetest out of all of them but is constantly pranked by Elizabeth.

So yeah, I love them individually as well as one big, crazy family.

Especially Elizabeth though. Her dialogue is amazing.
I suppose when I say a god-level or god-tier, I guess the closest definition I can find is something that has such superiority and intellectual power that it simply cannot be expressed in any other way than "God tier".

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I think that Bayonetta could be considered god-leveled given she kills both demons and angels and even a goddess. Plus she can survive in space without oxygen or protective gear and come back to Earth safely which is extremely remarkable.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Praise Helix
Alduin from Skyrim. You literally can't kill him(Well you can, just not permanently like the other dragons. He'll be back) and he resurrects other dragons.

Shinehollow

Turning that frown all the way down
Dagoth Ur and his brothers can't die unless the Heart of Lorkhan gets destroyed. doing that required getting deep into the citadel in Dagoth Ur, getting into their special Lorkhan clone and hitting the Heart in a specific order with the tools House Dagoth takes ten years before the beginning of Morrowind. and only two people entered Dagoth Ur (that weren't the Tribunal) and survived: one guy looking for a staff to stop Tharn, and the guy destined to be Nerevar reborn to kill Dagoth Ur again.
Praise Helix
Alduin from Skyrim. You literally can't kill him(Well you can, just not permanently like the other dragons. He'll be back) and he resurrects other dragons.
I like how in the ending Akatosh takes his soul back like he's giving him a time out to watch over time with the jills or something. sometimes it sucks being the oldest.

shoz999

Praise Helix
Dagoth Ur and his brothers can't die unless the Heart of Lorkhan gets destroyed. doing that required getting deep into the citadel in Dagoth Ur, getting into their special Lorkhan clone and hitting the Heart in a specific order with the tools House Dagoth takes ten years before the beginning of Morrowind. and only two people entered Dagoth Ur (that weren't the Tribunal) and survived: one guy looking for a staff to stop Tharn, and the guy destined to be Nerevar reborn to kill Dagoth Ur again.

I like how in the ending Akatosh takes his soul back like he's giving him a time out to watch over time with the jills or something. sometimes it sucks being the oldest.
In terms of the Elder Scrolls, I think the most interesting god-like character is Sheogorath who is the most powerful Daedric Prince. Before he was the Prince of Madness, he was originally Jyggalag, a Daedric Prince of Logic & Order so powerful that all Daedric Princes feared him to the point that they sought to work together to curse Jyggalag, forcing him to live in opposition of everything he stood for, to live the life of a madman who brings chaos and madness over order and logic. That's the story of how Jyggalag became Sheogorath, but there's a lot of lore suggesting that the two personalities have become so far apart over time that they've become their own individual characters.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Going with Kirby. It is quite amazing that something so cute can exhibit God-like power (where did there planet-splitting thing was showcased, Planet Robobot?). Even more so since Kirby is technically a child in the games.

Captain Jigglypuff

Could Cappy count as being god-level? I’m asking because he can literally possess anything that he wants to ranging from a lowly Goomba all the way up to the hand of what seemed to belong to an ancient civilization’s deity or guardian. Cappy takes over their entire body and mind and that honestly is something that should be feared because who knows what would happen if he possessed someone like Kratos or even Rosalina.

shoz999

Could Cappy count as being god-level? I’m asking because he can literally possess anything that he wants to ranging from a lowly Goomba all the way up to the hand of what seemed to belong to an ancient civilization’s deity or guardian. Cappy takes over their entire body and mind and that honestly is something that should be feared because who knows what would happen if he possessed someone like Kratos or even Rosalina.
Probably, reminds me of Kirby's own copy ability. Unfortunately, unlike Kirby, it has a great weakness. Hats. If your wearing hat, Cappy can't possess you unless the hat is removed. Hats are a great defense to Cappy's possession ability.

Siddhar

Transcend
MONADO BOI. Shulk can do some stuff, but I'll have to go into Xenoblade spoilers for that. But before that, he can see into the future, change it. That's just scratching the surface.
At the end he recreates the Universe with his new Monado and the admin computer's help. I mean, if you create a universe, doesn't that mean God-tier?

Also, yeah it's funny how Cappy's power can simply be limited by wearing a hat. So an animal crossing character wearing a cap won't be affected by something even Kratos is vulnerable to.

Captain Jigglypuff

Mortal Kombat has quite a few canon god-level characters. I’m not talking about the ones that are actually deities or a Titan like Kronika. Shao Kahn is an odd being in that in some sources, he is technically a deity as his father is said to be Shinnok but that was in the second movie. It has never been officially made clear whether or not he is an actual deity and I’ve heard theories that he was originally Outworld’s protector god much like Raiden is for Earthrealm before he took over his home world. I have doubts about this because Shao Kahn was a general serving Onaga before he usurped the Dragon King and it makes no sense that a protector deity would serve such a minor role in the realm’s government.

Then there’s Shang Tsung and Quan Chi Who have such powerful sorcery skills that only characters such as Shinnok or Raiden can rival their true potential. Their egos and arrogance tend to be their biggest downfall but they have proven to be a major threat when they cooperate together as demonstrated in Deadly Alliance which is one of the few times the villains actually won in the end with Armageddon being the only other time.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Rosalina was pretty god-like in Mario Galaxy, having complete control over the cosmos.