• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite grass starter pokemon

which grass starter is your favorite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
Which one do you like the best, we're going by first stage (charmander bulbasuar treeko etc.) but feel free to include their evos as a reason.

ebevan91

Bulbasaur since we're talking about 1st stage only.

Bulbasaur > Treecko > Turtwig > Chikorita > Snivy

Last edited:
Bulbasaur has always been my favorite grass type Pokemon. Treeko and its evolution line is awesome but his attack and sp. attack stats should be switched around. Snivy and its evolution line I like a lot too but I don't like that its offensive stats are terrible and it has limited moves. Turtwig has a pretty cool line as well. Chikorita is probably my least favorite of the grass starters but I still like it

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
Bulbasaur since we're talking about 1st stage only.

Bulbasaur > Treecko > Turtwig > Chikorita > Snivy

i said you can include final stage as a reason to like the first stage xD

for me its treeko, it was the first grass pokemon i every attempted and successfully used in game treeko groyvlye and sceptile were cool and awesome, plus i was a groyvle fanboy because of his role in explores of time and darkness. Next would be turtwig first garss starter picked on the first play though and with torterra on my side we pwned the game. i like the grass/ground combo as well. bulbasuar snivy then chikorite. chespin will depend on how good he is in game.

xYachu

Spicy Tuna!
Bulbasaur c:. Always topped the other grass types since it always seemed like the strongest one in my opinion.

Cassafrass1999

A new beginning! <3
Snivy FTW! My favorite Pokémon of all time (if I had to choose) is Serperior! :D

Enjolras

Master of the House
I actually really like all of them, but probably Bulbasaur.

ebevan91

i said you can include final stage as a reason to like the first stage xD

The order still doesn't change that much, just switch around the first 2.

Mystic_Blaze

Fabulous~
Bulbasaur definitely. Super awesome, great stats and movepool and theres so much nostalgia with the Anime back when I was a kid. I like most of the other starters though, except snivy cause of its bad movepool and what not. I'm excited to see Chespin's evos and typing.

⊙ᴗ⊙
I couldn't choose between Turtwig and Treecko. Ended up choosing the latter but if I'd noticed the former was lower in votes before I'd clicked I would have voted for the 'twig.

They're both equally amazing though.

Retro-Chaos X

Psychic Aficionado
Treecko and it's line are without a doubt my favourite Grass-starter line. It very dear to me, I used to love them as a child and still do today. I love it's design, concept (Ninja-like Gecko? Awesome!), and playstyle.

For me, the order stands as:

Treecko > Bulbasaur > Snivy > Turtwig > Chikorita
However, I like them all, and Grass is my favourite in terms of starters.

Ib4

Xenlon Cavalier
Definitely Treecko first. To be honest the only ones I like are Treecko and Turtwig.

Treecko>Turtwig>Bulbasaur>Snivy>Chikorita>Chespin

Chikorita is the best because it evolves into Meganium which is really bulky.

Moonlight_Tails

Nocturnal Trainer
Snivy because Serperior is my fave grass type. Bulbasaur wasn't an option for me because I've honestly never used one. After that, it's Turtwig, Treecko, and Chicorita.

Kalosian

So long
I can't decide... I like all of them except Chikorita. I didn't like Chespin at first, but it has really grown on me since it first appeared.
Going to make my vote decided by a random number generator (not including Chespin in the alternatives).

Snivy.

francisco332

4NIM4T10N(animation)
Would have said chespin but bulbasaurnis more versatile and it was the first

xEryChan

Demon Child
I voted for Chikorita, definitely my favorite starter aside from Charmander.

Toxicity

Toxic to the touch
Probably Bulbasaur, but it's a tough choice. Venusaur is just so big and brutish looking, and I love the weird anatomy with pointed ears on a toad-like body.

Status
Not open for further replies.