• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite grass starter pokemon?

Favorite grass starter?

• Total voters

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
Favorite grass pokemon?

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Treecko's my favorite by far

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
My vote went to Rowlet, because I just love how round they look and the bow tie is incredibly dapper! Ash caught one in the anime and it had very "head empty" vibes, which I dig. Honestly though all the Grass type starters are solid - Fire and Water starters have had some misses for me (Popplio, Litten, Scorbunny) but Grass has always been consistently decent.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Mine goes to Grookey.
Unfortunately Chikorita and Chespin suffer from the similar flaws in their home regions. The first gyms are super effective against the Grass starters and while i like Chesnaught's design it is hampered by it's 4 times weak to Flying.

Chikorita (Flying Bug Ice and Steel resisting Grass are huge disadvantages)
Chesnaught (You really need a Pansear and a Pikachu from the Santalune forest to get a better odds against the bug gym and Amaura is a Ice type in the second gym which is a Rock gym)
Almost forgot Mega Sceptile...it's 4 times weak to Ice but it's mostly Glacia that has Ice moves

Last edited:

Red and Blue

Bulbasaur is my favorite grass starter and it probably won't change anytime soon. Treeko is a very close second though.

zolios

Mine is Bulbasaur because Venusaur is my favorite starter of all time and one of my favorite Pokemon in general. I also love Serperior so I hope Snivy gets a lot of votes as well.

TwilightBlade

Treecko, Rowlet and Chikorita are my top favourite ones. I actually really wanna replay Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald just so I can enjoy training a Treecko again in the Hoenn games.

Ryker101

If we’re talking first stages then I’ll say Rowlet. It’s so cute and round but can hit surprisingly hard. At least Ash’s can. It’s also got a unique typing, starters wise. Bulbasaur is a close second though

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Likely Mystery Dungeon bias at work but my favourite Grass-type starter is Treecko. My other top two favourites would be Turtwig and Rowlet.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Ultimately my favorite is Pokemon number 1. Well, three. Venusaur has stood the test of time for me

Leonhart

Imagineer
It's sort of a tie between Fushigidane [Bulbasaur] and Chikorita for me. I also think Sarunori [Grookey] is quite fascinating, but its portrayal in the anime left a lot to be desired.

raichu27

I went ahead and choose Treecko. I really like Sceptile and its stats and movepoll. Although, I really like the others, too.

Morp

I actually wish I picked Chespin on my first playthrough of XY. I like the spikey-armour design in his final evolution.