• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Gym Battles

*~Silver*~

What was your favorite gym battle that Ash had to go through in all the series?

I liked his battle against Sabrina. She was just so creepy! xD Threatening to turn him into a doll before the battle. She might have well have just screamed, "NO PRESSURE!" in his face. xD

LizardonX

Banned
Snowpoint

The only problem was chimchar again hogging all of the spotlight but at least there that was the only problem. A 4v4 was a nice change though.

xEryChan

Demon Child
Ash's battle against Maylene.

I love watching between Buizel and Lucario.

Spin Attaxx

2012-2013
Cinnabar.

It's the only one that feels like a true gym battle (even if Blaine's off-model). Also, dat Seismic Toss.

Haunter ゴースト

These are my favourite gym battles in the anime:

Kanto: Brock, Lt.Surge, Sabrina, Blaine
Johto: Falkner, Morty, Jasmine, Claire
Hoenn: N/A
Sinnoh: Maylene, Wake
Unova: Cilan, Elesa, Clay, Skyla, Roxie

Lucario95

Behold The Aura!
Cinnabar.

It's the only one that feels like a true gym battle (even if Blaine's off-model). Also, dat Seismic Toss.

Agree, Cinnabar Gym with Blaine was the best, Charizard vs Magmar in the top of a volcano= awesome

ArmadaUGS

Ash vs Surge is my favorite. In generall I feel like the Kanto gym battles is more about "rival stuff" and not like Ash and the gym leader is friends. Ofc you can mix it up but I do think many of the Kanto gym battles is more epic because of this.

What makes Ash vs Surge extra good for me is the fact that it is not only the way Surge is talking to Ash but also Pikachu. This makes it to the battle Pikachu/Ash REALLY wanna win and kick their asses. Even after Pikachu lost badly he wanna go back and beat Raichu. This gym battle was really epic for sure =)

Blain: Another one that put much focus on the Pokemons in a good way. Charizard actually fighting was really cool to see.

Sabrina: She was so creepy which made the battle even batter. The way Pikachu decide to fight for Ash is also a super good scene and I love it (Psychic Pokemons are broken :p)

Kanto is definitely his battles with Lt.Surge and Blaine.

Orange Islands: I liked the one where Ash put Pikachu and Charizard against Alakazam and Marowak.

Johto: Probably Clair was the best battle.

Hoenn: I haven't seen this season in awhile so I can't really say but I did like the battle with Flanney which I watched quite recently

Sinnoh: To be honest, I really like most of the Gym Battles but I wasn't that much of a fan of the Candice and Volkner Gym Battles for some reason.

Unova: Probably Elesa, Clay, Skyla, Brycen, and Roxie.

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
Kanto: My favorite was probably the gym battle with Blaine.
Johto: Didn't see any gym battles from Johto so I can't answer.
Hoenn: Winona definitely.
Sinnoh: Maylene, hands down!
Unova: Skyla

SimH8

Kanto: Lt Surge and Blaine
Johto: Falkner
Hoenn: Haven't seen much of Hoenn, so probably Juan
Sinnoh: Roark (dat rampardos)
Unova: Clay

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
Pretty much all of Ash's Sinnoh Gym Battles are good. The one I like the most is Hearthome Gym. It gives the feel that Ash is actually winning, and the counter-shield strategy. Sexy. I also like Roark's gym battle, dat smexy spin. Maylene's gym is also another good one. I remembered Snowpoint was another favourite of mine as well. Forgot the details of the Sunnyshore Gym though.

As for Unova... Not many. I liked vs Cilan and vs Brycen. vs Lenora was also kind of nice.

The rest are kinda blurry since I didn't really remembered the other ones.