• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Gym Leader From HGSS?

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
Who's your favorite gym leader in HGSS, including Kanto ones?
Choices
Falkner/Bugsy/Morty/Whitney/Jasmine/Chuck Norris/Pryce/Clair

Brock/Misty/Erika/Lt.Surge/Sabrina/Janine/Blaine/Blue

My favorites?

Jasmine because her V.S Sprite is kinda cute. And unlike many other gym leaders, she have a storyline. Her Steelix is actually stronger than Pryce's *insert highest level* and I actually find Pryce easier to take out with Feraligatar.

Blue because his battle sprite is cool! I can't believe he used to be the annoying 'smell ya later' guy

Flandre

Fluffy Flareon
*pokes avatar* Been my favourite Pokemon character since back in the Gen II days, plus I never really cared much for the Kanto gym leaders. It'd be nicer if they gave the gym leaders all a bit more background like they do in the manga, but at least in HG/SS they're not just in the gym ALL of the time being lame.

Master Leo

The Dark Side
Johto: Morty. Just so cool and he searches for legends.

Kanto: Sabrina. I love her in battle sprite and animation. She is just so cool.

Natsuri

Johto: Jasmine, because she cares about the pokemon in general and because she apparently enjoys being at the restaurant.

Kanto: Blue, because he still travels a lot in order to get stronger.

Cutty

Forever now
Morty for Johto. I really like his town. He looks cool also.
Sabrina for Kanto. She looks a classy tomboy. And the fact I like Psychic pokemon.

Doodlebug

war flashbacks
Dang this is hard.....
Johto: Morty and Claire.....
Kanto: Sabrina, Misty, Janine, and Blue ^^
but i like em all!

Last edited:

Deadrose

Terrakion Lord
Jasmine because she's kind to everybody and cares about all pokemon and Blue because of his mixed team. Gym battles would be more fun if more leaders used mixed teams.

Mr. Ribbles

Cubchoo Lover
Jasmine and Blaine/Blue.

Jasime cuz she's freakin awesome, and as stated above.

Blaine, he uses the growlithe family (mainly) which is auto epic.

Blue, he's just 100% cool. He was annoying in Fr/Lg/R/B/Y though...
t

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
So hard...
Johto: Morty, Jasmine and Pryce
Kanto: I don't know, I dislike all of them. Oh wait, Janine is a gym leader. JANINE.
Charinee lulz

Last edited:

PsychicPsycho

Hmm, hard call...

For Johto,...I kind of like Whitney, because she's emotional and silly, and Jasmine, because she seems humble and caring, but also Clair, because she's a fierce competitor. Probably not Clair, since she's kind of a jerk at first. I'll go with Jasmine for Johto, since she seems more like myself, and I like steel better then normal.

In Kanto...ummm, Erika, Sabrina, Blaine, Gary. Not Gary, because of his annoyance in previous games (although I like the different types). I guess I'll go with Sabrina, because she uses psychic types, and seems like more of a competitor then Erika.

auteur

Fossil freak
Morty from Johto and Sabrina from Kanto are definitely my favourites. Then I'd say Pryce and Blue.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I really liked Morty and Jasmine. Their rosters were pretty solid, and they gave me a lot of trouble, which was actually helpful in a way since I had to think of new strategies to deal with their Pokemon. I also liked Clair, but mostly because she seemed to have more personality than the other Gym Leaders (albeit an arrogant attitude).