1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Gym Leader From HGSS?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation IV Discussion' started by OceanicLanturn, Sep 4, 2012.

1. OceanicLanturn

OceanicLanturn Non non non!

Who's your favorite gym leader in HGSS, including Kanto ones?
    Choices
    Falkner/Bugsy/Morty/Whitney/Jasmine/Chuck Norris/Pryce/Clair

Brock/Misty/Erika/Lt.Surge/Sabrina/Janine/Blaine/Blue

My favorites?

Jasmine because her V.S Sprite is kinda cute. And unlike many other gym leaders, she have a storyline. Her Steelix is actually stronger than Pryce's *insert highest level* and I actually find Pryce easier to take out with Feraligatar.

Blue because his battle sprite is cool! I can't believe he used to be the annoying 'smell ya later' guy

2. Flandre

Flandre Fluffy Flareon

*pokes avatar* Been my favourite Pokemon character since back in the Gen II days, plus I never really cared much for the Kanto gym leaders. It'd be nicer if they gave the gym leaders all a bit more background like they do in the manga, but at least in HG/SS they're not just in the gym ALL of the time being lame.

3. La Parka

La Parka Best In The World

Clair since she's spunky (;

4. Master Leo

Master Leo The Dark Side

Johto: Morty. Just so cool and he searches for legends.

Kanto: Sabrina. I love her in battle sprite and animation. She is just so cool.

5. Natsuri

Natsuri Active Member

Johto: Jasmine, because she cares about the pokemon in general and because she apparently enjoys being at the restaurant.

Kanto: Blue, because he still travels a lot in order to get stronger.

6. Cutty

Cutty Forever now

Morty for Johto. I really like his town. He looks cool also.
    Sabrina for Kanto. She looks a classy tomboy. And the fact I like Psychic pokemon.

7. Doodlebug

Doodlebug war flashbacks

Dang this is hard.....
    Johto: Morty and Claire.....
    Kanto: Sabrina, Misty, Janine, and Blue ^^
    but i like em all!

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  8. SoulDaze

SoulDaze Lol.

Blue.
    Various Pokémon on a Gym Leader? Heh.

9. SugarFreeJazz

SugarFreeJazz not present

Pryce or Morty for Johto, but definitely Blaine for Kanto.

10. Kalosian

Kalosian Never Say Forever

Falkner from Johto and Erika from Kanto. I just like them better than the other leaders for some reason.

11. Deadrose

Deadrose Terrakion Lord

Jasmine because she's kind to everybody and cares about all pokemon and Blue because of his mixed team. Gym battles would be more fun if more leaders used mixed teams.

12. Mr. Ribbles

Mr. Ribbles Cubchoo Lover

Jasmine and Blaine/Blue.

Jasime cuz she's freakin awesome, and as stated above.

Blaine, he uses the growlithe family (mainly) which is auto epic.

Blue, he's just 100% cool. He was annoying in Fr/Lg/R/B/Y though...
    t

13. HeatWave131

HeatWave131 New Member

For johto clair and for kanto sabrina :)

14. Toxic Nightshade

Toxic Nightshade GET TO DEL TACO

Kanto: Sabrina (psychic FTW!)
    Johto: Jasmine

15. soundxfury

soundxfury Well-Known Member

Kanto: Blue
    Johto: Morty

16. dirkac

dirkac I smash your Boxes.

So hard...
    Johto: Morty, Jasmine and Pryce
    Kanto: I don't know, I dislike all of them. Oh wait, Janine is a gym leader. JANINE.
    Charinee lulz

Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
  17. PsychicPsycho

PsychicPsycho Well-Known Member

Hmm, hard call...

For Johto,...I kind of like Whitney, because she's emotional and silly, and Jasmine, because she seems humble and caring, but also Clair, because she's a fierce competitor. Probably not Clair, since she's kind of a jerk at first. I'll go with Jasmine for Johto, since she seems more like myself, and I like steel better then normal.

In Kanto...ummm, Erika, Sabrina, Blaine, Gary. Not Gary, because of his annoyance in previous games (although I like the different types). I guess I'll go with Sabrina, because she uses psychic types, and seems like more of a competitor then Erika.

18. auteur

auteur Fossil freak

Morty from Johto and Sabrina from Kanto are definitely my favourites. Then I'd say Pryce and Blue.

19. Lorde

Lorde Banned

I really liked Morty and Jasmine. Their rosters were pretty solid, and they gave me a lot of trouble, which was actually helpful in a way since I had to think of new strategies to deal with their Pokemon. I also liked Clair, but mostly because she seemed to have more personality than the other Gym Leaders (albeit an arrogant attitude).

20. Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama

Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama Fancy footwork

Falkner, Morty, Jasmine, and Clair for Johto.
    Misty, Surge, Erica, and, Sabrina for Kanto.