• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Gym Leader Shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krys

SPPF's spammer
Well I just happen to be obsessed with Gym Leaders! And they are great in shippings and apparently, seem to be popular with members like Orion-sama and Vycksta. If there's a song that reminds you of a ship, post it! Also, it can be GLxE4, like Susushipping and Breathshipping. Here's a list of my favorites, with explanations.

My #1 Favorite:
Hopeshipping
I'm totally nuts about Morty and Clair! I think this is a really sweet couple and I do have quite a few banners and fanarts of it.
Song: Love Song (the cure), Deathcap(cutie)-I always lol at the part of "At Catholic school, I got my knuckles bruised by a women in black" it's always funny picturing Morty getting hit by a nun :D

RollingWindShipping
Whitney and Falkner goes second. I think it's adorable and I also have a bunch of fanart and an old crusty fic somewhere. Whitney goes best with Falkner and Brawly, as I quote from Orion.
Song: Steady as She Goes (?), Sunday Girl(Blondie)

Gracefulshipping
A great canon ship! Wallace and Winona is a nice couple, their love is innocent and pure. It also is very compatible with Originshipping.
Song: haven't given it enough thought

Trying to think of more but my brain is numb...have fun with this!

EDIT: remembered Susushipping! If Hopeshipping doesn't work out, then Morty can go with WIll, following Phantom Bugsy's wishes.

Last edited:

Phantom_Bugsy

So hot he's on fire.
Susushipping (Morty x Will) and Hottieshipping (Morty x Brawly). X3

I'm also terribly fond of Elitistshipping (Eusine x Will) even though I see them as brothers 8D Hot brothers having buttsex, yum yum.

hikari_blaze

Hyota x Sumomo from D/P. Cute~, yo. Denji x Sumono is cute too. So Hyota x Sumono x Denji solves all. :D

Nagi/Winona x Mikuri/Wallace AKA GracefulShipping. All started with a scan in Volume 20 which I got from Japan. :D

Letsee...

Touki/Brawly x Roxanne. Forgot Roxanne's JP name unfortunately. D:

Aquarelle

Staff member
Krys said:
Gracefulshipping
A great canon ship! Wallace and Winona is a nice couple, their love is innocent and pure. It also is very compatible with Originshipping.
Song: haven't given it enough thought

Gracefulshipping compatible with Originshipping? O__o
You're pulling my leg, right? o_O;

But I gotta agree with you on the rest of that, Krys, it is a great canon ship, and their love really is innocent and pure. (I LOVE how you wrote that, you write the way I think :))

Gracefulshipping is definately my favourite gym leader ship, and it's my most favourite ship overall! Wallace x Winona/Mikuri x Nagi are so cute together, that's why this ship is the best! ^_~

~Aquarelle

articuno_trumps_all

<========Ball Squeez
StoneColdFoxX3Shipping--because it is better than OriginShipping. It just is!

Susushipping--because it's really cute.

Socioshipping--because they're psycho cute.

taitofan

Stalker!
Lesse, some of my faves...

Militantshipping (Sakaki/Giovanni x Matisse/Surge): Oh, my fave GL couple! So sexy... So plausible in the manga... So interesting in the games and anime! It's one of my top fave ships ever. <3
FemmeGymshipping (Natsume/Sabrina x Erika): Aw, I've liked this for a long time. There used to be a lot of cute fics, and they easily convinced me.
Gymshipping (Takeshi/Brock x Kasumi/Misty): ...I think I started liking this because I was anti-Poke, and I just never stopped liking it. Or something like that.
Islandshipping (Dan/Danny x Jijii/Rudy): Oh, no real reason. Except I bet their flirting with Kasumi was only cause they were having a lover's tiff. X3
Susushipping (Itsuki/Will x Matsuba/Morty): *squee* I adore this couple. Oh so much. Oos's fault? You betcha.
Honorshipping (Matsuba/Morty x Hayato/Falkner): Ties with Susu for my fave Matsuba ship. Toraphi's fault? You betcha.
Thoughtfulshipping (Itsuki/Will x Matsuba/Morty x Hayato/Falkner): Solves that problem.
Miakaneshipping (Akane/Whitney x Mikan/Jasmine): What can I say? I like putting loli-esque girls together. X3
FannedFlamesshipping (Nagi/Winona x Asuna/Flannery): Once I know why, I'll tell ya.
TwinThoughtshipping (Fuu/Tate x Ran/Liza): I'm a sucker for twincest. And damn, this is cute.
Fabulousshipping (Adan/Juan x Mikuri/Wallace): Mentor couples can be really cute, and that's exactly how I find this one.
Denji x Hyouta: I know next to nothing about these guys, except that they're really hot. That's really all I need to know at this point. [/shallow]

...That's all... I think. If Frontier Brains had been allowed, this would've been quite longer. ^^;

Toran Frostbite

Highrise Above All
...If it's got Falkner, I heart it. Leader, major chara, minor chara, male, female, family, pokémon. Though Wingshipping (w/ Clair), Northcircleshipping (w/ Morty & Whitney), and especially Honorshipping (w/ Morty) are my sacred three. =O You won't find a bigger defender of Honorshipping than me, ho no.

There's also Mangashipping (Brock/Sabrina; only het!Brock 'ship I will ever support), Gothshipping (Karen/Clair; darkest ladies in the Johto region), Raccoonshipping (Will/Whitney; Whitney can't always be with Morty and Falkner), Temperedshipping (Flannery/Jasmine; always onesided, because you can't always get what you want), Janeshipping (Jasmine/Janine; school-girl combination liek woah, even if Jasmine's not a school girl), and...geez...I have a soft spot for NeoChampionshipping (Steven/Lance) that has yet to conflict with my adoration for Originshipping.

Oh, and totally heart Denji/Natane and Shirona/Natane. ;_; I just hope they turn out semi-compatible with each other.

Honorshipping (Matsuba/Morty x Hayato/Falkner): Ties with Susu for my fave Matsuba ship. Toraphi's fault? You betcha.
*takes the blame and loves it*

Last edited:

AogiriMatsu

Ewim-Zilla! >D
Oh I LOVE GymLeader and elite four and friggan... the frontair people loveings~ ...... unless like Misty is involved.... -shudder- ANywho~ My FAV has to be Surge/Koga... no one draws it... no one writes it... but HEY... ILL DRAW IT! Other than that... i like anything involving like Morty/Will or Brawly/what man he wants~ ... Morty/Falkner~ uhm... James/Brock... .... >> Brock will always be a woman to me(BillyJoel song playing in my head). Juan/Wallace sounds cute~ NOLAND!!! omg... Tucker/Noland! uhm Bruno/Koga.... hmm...

Sabrina/Erika, Flannery/Winona~ gotta have some yuri eh? OH one off the top of my head... because i can Sissy/Janine! Jasmine/Roxanne? Loreli/Anyone she wants cause she rox....

Sorry for lack of ship names and japanese names... i can barely remeber MY name... so yeah~ ^^!

Kenta99

Orange Champion
theres also Antagonistshipping: Lt. Surge/Sabrina(their team rocket connection stuff and always contacting each other in the manga)

... Morty/Falkner~ uhm... James/Brock... .... >> Brock will always be a woman to me(BillyJoel song playing in my head).
James doesn't really count as a gym leader, as he was only Giovanni's replacements for less then a day.

My personal favorite gym leader shippings are HotRockshipping (Brock x Flannery), and Anabel x Erika, which I don't know the name of.

Seijiro Mafuné

Diogomainardista!

*twitch*

Okay, deep breath, deep breath... no going off on psycho rampages yet...

*breaths*

Okay... I'd say it's probably whatever *Orion* likes, since, besides Goldxwhoever, I don't really go for them.

...although now I have to go off and spork some Vileplumes for the mentions of TemperedShipping (PLEASE tell me it's Flannery who likes her and not the opposite), JaneShipping, and Roxanne/Jasmine.

Toran Frostbite

Highrise Above All
...although now I have to go off and spork some Vileplumes for the mentions of TemperedShipping (PLEASE tell me it's Flannery who likes her and not the opposite), JaneShipping, and Roxanne/Jasmine.

<.< Like Jasmine can't be with anyone else except Gold. For your information, /yes/ I (4-out-of-5 times) 'ship Temperedshipping as one sided on Flannery's behalf. And seriously, that was uncalled for, ma'am. It's one thing to say, "I don't like that," politely. It's another to indirectly insult someone like you have.

Phantom_Bugsy

So hot he's on fire.

*twitch*

Okay, deep breath, deep breath... no going off on psycho rampages yet...

*breaths*

Okay... I'd say it's probably whatever *Orion* likes, since, besides Goldxwhoever, I don't really go for them.

Now you know how I feel after all the stupidity with Brawly x Roxanne. >___> That and Brawly x Flannery = GTFO.

Seijiro Mafuné

Diogomainardista!
Now I know? I've known that ever since I found that stupid list! I mean, who the frelling shyste would like to see Drake (the old, Elite 4 member from Hoenn) with Jasmine? Or even that Wallace guy! Or... or... GAAAAAAAAH!

And for the OTHER person, if you're obsessed with someone, the idea of getting said person on a bad relationship tends to make one mad.

...and if you are calling me 'ma'am', jeez, even your Extreme Sarcasm needs work.

Oh, added bonus thing... I'm gonna be burning Roselias. Stupid 'effeminate guy/pwnsome girl' ships...

Toran Frostbite

Highrise Above All
And for the OTHER person, if you're obsessed with someone, the idea of getting said person on a bad relationship tends to make one mad.

...and if you are calling me 'ma'am', jeez, even your Extreme Sarcasm needs work.

You're acting like a woman in shrew-mode. Sorry if that offends your manhood. *shrug* And lord, what makes you think these relationships are bad? And where do you get off saying they are?

Being obsessed is no answer to slam someone else. You are not a character's keeper; other people have as much right as you do to them. Sorry if my idea of Jasmine gently wooing Janine offends your senses, but spare the poor Vileplume (and us) of your distaste. You have no right to criticize so blatantly.

And for the record, SteelDragonshipping is Jasmine/Drake from the ORANGE CREW. You know, the one with the Dragonite? Get your facts straight.

Vycksta

PSILUCKSHIPPING AND NYNAEVESHIPPING FOR THE WIN OF WINS. Oh wait, Lucy's a Frontier Brain and Michelle and Sneasel don't count here. *beams*

So you want me to go through my entire list? *flexes fingers* Okay, fine. Just a warning though, hate any of the ships I list then i'm only going to laugh at you. I've delt with all the Sabrina and Lucy bashers (( OMG THEY ARE SO GAWFICK AND NOT HAWT AT ALL!!1111111111 )) and the hate towards human x Pokemon relationships, so I have no time for haters any more. So cry into your cotton candy because i'm just going to laugh my Dr Pepper over the computer screen.

DarkMarshshipping - Karen x Sabrina.
I can see both girls not wanting to be the submissive girl in this relationship, so cue a lot of mind games and kinks. Started a one-shot for this too, but the Nynaeveshipping one came first then it just died off. I prefer both girls with others, but the ship's still good. Sabrina and Karen are two of my favourite girls and I like to pair off my favourites together no matter what.

Silenceshipping - Sabrina x Jasmine.
Both are silent for different reasons... Sabrina because she's generally antisocial/a loner and Jasmine because she's painfully shy and timid. Most definitely one sided on Sabrina's part, but i'm a sucker for "opposites attract" at the best of times.

Temperedshipping - Flannery x Jasmine.
I like Flannery somewhat and I like Jasmine somewhat... so yeah, I can deal with the two together.

Nightmareshipping - Karen x Phoebe.
The only Phoebe shipping I really like. I can see the two getting on greatly and then going into a really slushy relationship with added kinks, despite the name it has. The two of them walking hand in hand around Mt Pyre while the night wind howls and the starts shine bright... oh yes.

FemmeGymshipping - Sabrina x Erika.
The first shipping I loved, way back in the days of Pokemon Red and Blue. I used to write a fic featuring a bunch of OCs... 16 if you really must know... and in this fic two of the OCs notice that Sabrina and Erika developed feelings for each other and I started liking the pairing from there. Much as I now like Sabrina with Lucy now, I can't ignore a former love.

Rafureshipping - Erika x Karen.
Another former love. Wasn't into it as much as FemmeGymshipping, but it was there.

FannedFlamesshipping - Flannery x Winona.
It just goes and it's the only Winona ship I like... well, along with the unnamed Winona x Suzuna. Saw some fanart of this as well on DA, very cute stuff.

TwinThoughtshipping - Liza x Tate.
Nothing wrong with a bit of sexy twincest. I loved how well they get on with each other in the manga.

Militantshipping - Giovanni x Lt. Surge.
I liked this deep down for a while thanks to the manga, it just seemed to work in my mind. Then I find that it has a name et voila! I squee. One of only four yaoi ships I like.

Susushipping - Morty x Will.
This one I call a grower. To be honest, I liked this ship at first because of my fic. Then I started to notice the ways that the two guys can click and the rather cool name et voila again. I don't obsess over this as much as my yuri, but it's still a very nice ship.

Underworldshipping - Morty x Karen.
Another one of the former loves, again thanks to my fic. This time three different OCs were caught in-between Morty and Karen's often volatile relationship. Admittedly, I do still like this a great deal thanks to the now long-dead and never-will-be-published fic, yet I like Karen with Lovrina the most and Morty is Will's. To be truthful in my fic it ended with Morty getting together with Will and Karen just went alone but without a care.

HardenedAffectionshipping - Roxanne x Jasmine.
To be honest, I got into this shipping because I have a pair of nieces called Roxanne and Jasmine. Hey, it works somehow in my lovely warped mind, although like with most Jasmine ships Roxanne is the "leader". Which I can happy tolerate.

Magnetonshipping - Lt. Surge x Jasmine.
I'm fussy with this in terms of Surge. It has to be how he looks in the games as I find him better looking from said games and he looks better with Jasmine. I blame my friend Val for this, it's one of only three shipping obsessions of hers and she raved so much about this I thought of a name to shut her up. Then I started to like it. It works because I can see Surge protecting Jasmine and always being there for her somewhat.

Then in terms of unnamed shippings I like the already mentioned Winona/ Suzuna, Roxanne/Flannery, Denji/Suzuna, Karen/Shirona, Karen/Flannery and Karen/Jasmine.

Now if only we could have included Courtney, Lovrina, Lucy, Michelle, Hikari and Mars into the mix...

Status
Not open for further replies.