• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Gym Leader Shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crystal Clair

I used to like Whitney/Bugsy, pre-Johto Journies. ...Then I realized they weren't that close in age.
Whadya know? Another Whitney/Bugsy shipper (at least used to be). I currently ship them because I couldn't ever see Whitney with an older boy (she's a little too young-natured) and Bugsy and her would be not just a good cute couple but like siblings. Besides, sometimes a bigger age gap is hot
Btw, I'm probably the first one to notice how hot Natane is (I liked Natane when I thought she was a boy) because everyone was hooked on the masked guy and Denji looking like some other character from Bleach or something.

Krys

SPPF's spammer
Don't worry I won't discuss Jasmine. I don't ship her that much anyway.

I love the new gym leaders! I have a feeling I'll be drawing them more than the Johto ones...and I have a feeling Sumomo will be the next Casey!

Kveran

Pinin' for the fjord
Oh, don't get me started. I'm grouping the Elite ships in here too because I love them. ^_^

Lance x Lorelei
I've been shipping these two since before I knew that what I was writing was called fanfiction, and what I was doing was called shipping. I don't remember how or why I got hooked on them, but it may have been opposites attract- Dragon x Ice. In any case, if I'm ever caught waving a little OTP flag, it's probably for these two.

Giovanni x Sabrina
I believe this is called Socioshipping and even though I don't tend to use ship names, I'll use this one because it's so awesome. I think the personalities of these two characters mesh very well and the tension between them is always fun to play with- they're both very reserved individuals who are very concerned with appearances and reputations. They are also both absorbed in their work with the Team. They need an outlet.

Karin x Clair
I do not remember how I got hooked on this one. May, again, have been a bit of opposites-attract- I always imagine Karin as being fairly outgoing, but Clair is reserved and a bit arrogant. This one has its roots in my personal fanon.

Morty x Will
First off, I'm convinced they are brothers and you will never convince me otherwise. My rationale for this one is mostly based out of my little fanon, but I think they're compatible.

Bruno x Whitney
I just think it's cute.

Wallace x Steven
Originshipping. Others have said it better than I. It's eye candy and it works and it's canon, I swear.

Kamon x Jasmine
OK, so Kamon/Silver/Black/Name-of-the-week isn't a gym leader, but he's close enough. And you can blame this site here for keeping this ship on my radar: http://www.sun-inet.or.jp/~tukinode/blamitop.html
...nice? A Saske rip-off dating such a cute girl is NICE?
I'm sorry, did you say something? I promise you I have more experience in shipping wars than you do, and I haven't had a good one in awhile. You want to take this outside?

Tate x Liza
Because I can.

I'm waiting for more information on Hyouta and Natane before I work them into my crazy little fanon scheme, but I like them already.

I miss the Unconventional thread.

Vycksta

Krys said:
I love the new gym leaders! I have a feeling I'll be drawing them more than the Johto ones...and I have a feeling Sumomo will be the next Casey!
Same here, the D/P Gym Leaders are rocking my socks at the minute. Especially Suzana for Sneasel owning, damn she's gorgeous reasons and Denji for Rentoraa owning, damn he's hot reasons. Denji x Suzana for the win in terms of D/P. ;B

Toran Frostbite

Highrise Above All
Btw, I'm probably the first one to notice how hot Natane is (I liked Natane when I thought she was a boy)

I fell in love with Natane on the day the other seven were revealed, despite knowing she was a girl. Probably because she wasn't purple. @_@ Too much purple. And blue. And I don't know what Tougan did to get me not to look twice at him, but he's...not Natane. *_*

So, my pre-DP 'ships for her would be Denji/Natane and Shirona/Natane. Totally subject to change, due to my shackles to canon, but....=O hoping they won't have to. Denji does look like an *** though.

And I'm gonna feel sorry for someone when people start smushing Tucker and Merissa together because of their hair color/styles. Don't lie; you know it's going to happen. You saw the resemblance instantly, I know you did.

Kveran

Pinin' for the fjord
And I'm gonna feel sorry for someone when people start smushing Tucker and Merissa together because of their hair color/styles. Don't lie; you know it's going to happen. You saw the resemblance instantly, I know you did.

I thought they were siblings. Which has never stopped me from shipping anyone, mind you.

My pre-DP ship, because it is eye candy, is Hyouta x Natane. Is Hyouta male or female? Not that it matters to me, and the fact that I can't tell is part of the appeal (although I'm guessing male) but just for the record.

Last edited:

Krys

SPPF's spammer
Isn''t Hyouta the guy with the miner helmet? Anyway, some of my pre-DP shippings would be:
Tougan/Natane: they seem like the cool and calm types
I also have a foreboding Sumomo will be a little hyper girl who will fall in love with Ash and train fighting types(which would be totally stupid, they have 2 already) and looks liek Dori from Magical Doremi
Denji/Suzana also sounds good, from what Vycksta said.

Lance x Lorelei
I've been shipping these two since before I knew that what I was writing was called fanfiction, and what I was doing was called shipping. I don't remember how or why I got hooked on them, but it may have been opposites attract- Dragon x Ice. In any case, if I'm ever caught waving a little OTP flag, it's probably for these two.
Totally awesome! I love this ship sooooooo much, but I overlooked it before due to this ship I used to support with Lance that I now hate.

Well I never really liked that Silver/Jasmine ship because I'm an obsessive Specialjewelshipper(KrysxKamon, mostly in my fan fiction) and I like that website, it's nice but those CrysxSuicune oictures are disturbingly INCORRECT. God, and I thought Eusine and Suicune were shippined oO

Kveran

Pinin' for the fjord
but I overlooked it before due to this ship I used to support with Lance that I now hate.

Which one's this?

I had a brief fling with Lance x Sabrina, but that didn't last long. Maybe two weeks.

Bruno x Whitney
I just think it's cute.
OMG. Why didn't I think of THAT?

I find any tough buff with Whitney so cute it's hard to resist. After all, WhiteCoatShipping (Whitney & Noland) is another of the few Whitney & Guy Ships I like. I can see it: her and Bruno having a friendly battle, which he wins for obvious reasons (Fighting Pokés pwn Normals, and resist Whitney's trump card.), and then she cries. Bruno wouldn't be able to resist and would try to calm her down. Much like I think she'd do with Noland, Whitney would easily draw out Bruno's soft side. And that's something I like a lot for some reason. Prolly because that's how I fell in love with her as well. <333

Krys

SPPF's spammer
Kveran please don't link that site anymore it has DISTURBING kris and Suicune pictures. I never want to see that website as long as I live.

Yes, BrunoxWhitney is ah-dorable(got that from the Clique) and I can see it happening, after all Bruno is one of the hawtest of the elite four. And I also like Whitecoatshipping even though I think Noland is a little too old.

Toran Frostbite

Highrise Above All
Didn't Kamon/Jasmine spawn from the Golden Boys manga? I remember the ship being listed under Black/Jasmine, and Special uses Silver, not Black. .... My point? o.o Do I need one to ask?

Not that Lance doesn't seem to have the corner market on Kamon. <.< I wouldn't be surprised if Lance didn't go through the League a couple of times, while still happily 'married' to Lorelei. Yah, also a fan of Lance/Lorelei. They can work in so many different aspects, considering the tripolar moods I seem to write him in. Sigh. I need to fix that.

Kveran

Pinin' for the fjord
Much like I think she'd do with Noland, Whitney would easily draw out Bruno's soft side.

Precisely.

I also think they are some of the more twisted of the leaders/elites. So for that reason they might also get along.

Kveran please don't link that site anymore it has DISTURBING kris and Suicune pictures.

Um... it's a girl hugging a Suicune. You don't have to click the link.

I remember the ship being listed under Black/Jasmine, and Special uses Silver, not Black. .... My point? o.o Do I need one to ask?

The Many Names of the GSC Rival. I have no idea where the ship originated, but the Site That Krys Doesn't Like is what got me hooked.

Not that Lance doesn't seem to have the corner market on Kamon.

My twisted little fanon actually has Kamon as Lance's and Lorelei's son. Of course, now we all know that this is fanon, but hey. This would not stop me from shipping it, but it did interfere with one of my OTPs, so...

It was another fanart site that enlightened me as to THAT pairing.

Ed Elric Bunny

bunny rabbit <3
Yay,gym leader ships~

Erika x Misty - mm,I think it's my gym leader otp. xD I love how in the Special manga during a battle against the Rockets,Erika gives her a flower. 0: I don't know why she gave it to her again,but I thought it was sweet.

Sabrina x Erika - Sabrina ticked off both Erika and Misty in the Special manga at one point,but this would be interesting to see. They're both quiet and I wonder who'd go and break the ice first. prolly Erika.

Whitney x Bugsy - I dislike the anime so I don't follow the whole 'Whitney is way older than Bugsy' thing,but it's probably true game and manga-wise. )= Still,it would make a sweet big sister-little brother relationship.

Falkner x Bugsy - ...Be quiet. I just thought it looked really adorable. XD Opposites attract,maybe? Yaoi gym leader otp. 0:;;;

Jasmine x Whitney - I'd probably be bricked if I just said,'hot and makes the closet yuri fan in me happy',so..yeah. These too would probably get along.

Falkner x Morty - Mmmmm,hot. xD -bricked-

Lorelei x Lance - I dunno,it seems like she'd be devoted to him. Opposites attract,again~

Winona x Flannery - Yet another Special-influenced couple. Winona was with Flannery a few times,and she rescued her from a Team Aqua attack at some point. That and when she arrived with Flannery at the Weather Institute to stop Norman.

Roxanne x Brawly - Fanart totally turned me into a fan of this. D: Darn you,Teppo.

Toran Frostbite

Highrise Above All
My twisted little fanon actually has Kamon as Lance's and Lorelei's son. Of course, now we all know that this is fanon, but hey. This would not stop me from shipping it, but it did interfere with one of my OTPs, so...

Well, to be fair, it's only been disproven in Special's canon. That doesn't hold itself to anime/game/general canon. Which is why I can still believe Gary/Blue is Giovanni's kid and no one can say I'm wrong. Mahogany still counts as 'red hair' darnit.

Ed Elric Bunny said:
Whitney x Bugsy - I dislike the anime so I don't follow the whole 'Whitney is way older than Bugsy' thing,but it's probably true game and manga-wise. )= Still,it would make a sweet big sister-little brother relationship.

She's not that much older, but I guess it struck me as wrong upon realizing that she isn't just twelve and him a year or two younger. o_O My shota/loli senses pick up every combo /but/ woman/boy. Though when they both get older, that doesn't pick at my guilt so much. I can handle teenager/older woman relationships. In the mean time, it's off to the kiddy box with the twins, Jenina, and Forrest. ....Eeeee, so cute. And so much trouble.

Though big sister/little brother relationships are just awesome. 8D

Falkner x Bugsy - ...Be quiet. I just thought it looked really adorable. XD Opposites attract,maybe? Yaoi gym leader otp. 0:;;;

Falkner x Morty - Mmmmm,hot. xD -bricked-

*saves you from the brick* D8 Dare not be harmed while speaking the truth! And who needs to be opposites for it to work? XD Bugsy's a kid. Kids manipulate with big eyes and puppy faces. He could have Falkner twisted around his lil finger if he applied himself. And I really wish I knew which notebook had a three-dialogue scene I wrote for them. =o Nuts.

Vycksta

Kveran said:
I had a brief fling with Lance x Sabrina, but that didn't last long. Maybe two weeks.
I love how you put that. xD

I think i'm the only person that doesn't care a great deal about Lance. I had like a three week crush on him when I was 14 but that was it. As for shipping him... ha, he can have Agatha. *beams*

... and I forgot to list a shipping from my original list.

Pyrokineticshipping - Sabrina x Flannery.
Flannery is who I call my "trump card". She's the sort of person who can go with anybody but damn, she makes a lot of shippings look good. I can see these two having an argument then making up in Lavaridge's hot springs... heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.