1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite HG/SS TR Executive?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation IV Discussion' started by Wednesdayz, Dec 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wednesdayz

Wednesdayz Banned

So as we all know, there were 4 Team Rocket Executives in HG/SS.

Which one is your favorite?

I'd go with Archer, since he's the leader. Okay sure, he was weak as heck, but I liked his aquamarine dye job and his use of Houndoom. :p

2. Kalosian

Kalosian Never Say Forever

I never really cared much for the TR Executives to be honest. They felt rather bland and forgettable, I don't think I can name all of them without looking up their names. They didn't really do anything interesting or special in the story and I can't remember what teams they had either. But I think my favorite has got to be Ariana since she is the only woman, making her stand out a bit compared to the others. And she has red hair. So I'll go with her.

3. Aquarelle

Aquarelle Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I like all four tbh, but I'll give the same answer I gave in the previous version of this thread: Proton, because he's named Proton (I thought it was weird at first, but now I think it sounds cool) and I like his design the best out of the four (I especially love his VS sprite).

4. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

I liked Ariana a bit better than the rest of the Executives. I liked her red hair and the fact she eventually grows to respect the player character for their Pokemon team's power.

5. ZilverLox

ZilverLox Banned

Ariana was my favorite of the 4, though in general I never grew to like the HG/SS TR executives. They just seemed to be missing something.

6. ReneEnjolras

ReneEnjolras Resistance Leader

I liked Ariana and Proton. Ariana is cool and she gets points for being the only woman. I really don't know why I like Proton. Maybe because he's the first you battle?

7. jginz1

jginz1 Shiny Hunter

I'd go with Archer because he is sleek in his looks and personality

8. Mrs. Oreo

Mrs. Oreo Banned

I honestly like all the Team Rocket executives to a certain extent ha ha. Ariana is my favourite right now cuz I've always thought of her as being Silver's mom. I dunno if that was ever implied in Hg/Ss, but that's my own personal head-canon for now. :3

9. Alloutℯ

Alloutℯ Banned

Archer is my favorite by default since I didn't like Petral's, Proton's, or Ariana's designs. The flaw with Archer was that for being the new TR leader, he had a pretty unimpressive line-up in HGSS.

10. Mrs. Oreo

Mrs. Oreo Banned

I actually liked how Archer used Houndour and Houndoom tho since he was one of the few Hg/Ss characters who owned them. His team was at least more diverse than Petrel's team ha ha, which consisted of five Koffings and a Weezing. ^^;

11. Wednesdayz

Wednesdayz Banned

Archer's team was alright IMO, but the fact that we only got to see him once and battle him a single time during the whole HG/SS storyline seemed pretty lame. He needed more exposure. :/

12. Mrs. Oreo

Mrs. Oreo Banned

He definitely needed some backstory at least cuz his motivations for reviving Team Rocket in Johto seemed kind of flimsy from my perspective. But what I also liked about the Team Rocket Executives was how we saw them in the Hg/Ss ending credits.

13. _LightMeww_

_LightMeww_ Well-Known Member

The dude who dressed as Giovanni (Petrel) was my favorite. I liked how Ariana and Archer were based on the Sevii Island TR admins though. What a cool callback.

14. NPT

NPT Just a member

None of them 'cause I never really cared that much about the Rocket Executives. They're kinda boring tbh.

15. And here I thought I was the only one who liked him the most. lol. The guy's design may be ugly as hell, but I like when he tries and fails to troll the player by impersonating Giovanni.

16. Bananarama

Bananarama Another trophy

My favorite would have to be Ariana. I like how she looks like Jessie, and I thought that the fact that she used Murkrow was pretty interesting considering that it is a Dark-type you don't see much of at that point in the game.

17. Cat's Eye Draco

Cat's Eye Draco Well-Known Member

Probably Petrel, because he's the only one I remember anything about. (I didn't even remember the other two's names until I started reading this thread.)

18. ZilverLox

ZilverLox Banned

Huh really? But I don't remember Archer and Ariana showing up in the Sevii Islands. I thought they debuted in HG/SS?

19. Kalosian

Kalosian Never Say Forever

It has been theorized that the two final TR Admins you face at the Sevii Islands in FR/LG are Ariana and Archer since they have similar teams, and they are the leaders of Team Rocket during their actions at the Sevii Islands. I don't think this has been officially confirmed though, it is just a fan idea.

20. Sαpphire

Sαpphire Well-Known Member

I love Ariana - her character design and her team is one of my favorites for any villainous team member.

There's a couple factors to it, really - aside from being the only other example of a female Admin in the entire main series, as well as owning an Arbok and Vileplume, Ariana has similar character as well, seen through dialogue. We have to note that her lack of a name in Gen III was due to the different naming mechanics for NPC characters back then; the similarity of Archer and the male admin just adds to the credibility of this connection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.