• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Hoenn City/Town (Version 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
In RSE which town or city of Hoenn was your favorite?

Make sure you give a reason why you liked your choice.

Mine personally was Sootopolis City because I liked the idea of how how it was created out of a crater.

Last edited by a moderator:
This might be an unpopular opinion, but who cares, I like Mauville City (ORAS), since I like how it was given the Lumiose City treatment, what with having unique angles in some places.
It's a good thing the angles weren't ultra annoying here like in Lumiose City.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Just a reminder that, since this is the 3rd gen forum, discussion of ORAS exclusive locations/changes doesn't really belong here. Most of the focus should be on RSE Hoenn here.

Anyway, my favourite Hoenn town has always been Sootopolis City. I love the architecture of the houses there and the music is one of my favourites in the whole series. Also, the fact that the city's built in a crater is pretty interesting IMO.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Lilycove has always been my favorite simply because I like the sea scenery as well as the Department Store and Lilycove Museum. Ever Grande is my second favorite due to the flowers and BGM.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Sootopolis City because it looks isolated from the rest of the cities/towns of Hoenn region. Also the famous fight between Kyogre and Groudon was held there. The scene with Rayquaza coming down and chasing them away made this city even better in my opinion.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
I always liked Rustboro because of it's architecture.
But Fortree City always caught my eye. Living in tree houses and all.

Kalosian

So long
I'll go with Mauville. It feels like the center or the core of the region with exits in every direction. It also has some places of interest like the Bike shop and the Game Corner. I also like how it is close to the Day-Care as well as several routes that are good training spots. The Harbor in Slateport is also relatively close, which makes it rather close to Lilycove and the Battle Tower/Frontier as well, for the moments when I couldn't be bothered to Fly there (which happened a lot, at least in Emerald).

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
In Hoenn,I like Fortree,Fallarbor and Sootopolis the best.Fortree is awesome because of the treehouses and the fact it is Winona's hometown,Fallarbor because of its music theme and volcanic scenery,and Sootopolis because it is so secluded.

Jersey Jimmy

¿dónde está el FOUR DOLLA TUBA?
I've always liked Lilycove, personally. It's a large port city in the vein of, say, Tampa or Miami, it's got the department store and contest hall, and it's just overall really nice-looking. Why didn't it have a gym?

Bananarama

The light is coming
I've always liked Slateport City the most, pretty much because of the beach town feeling of the city. It's always one of my favorites to go to because of that.

Lexya428

Pokèmon Master
I like Lavaridge Town because of the hot springs. The town is quite cute too. Then, the old lady gives you an egg. That's fun.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I'll go with Mossdeep city as my favourite cuz of the tropical feel there and the space center too. Lilycove city is pretty too and is a good place for leisure in the games. ^^

Aquarelle

Staff member
I like Lavaridge Town because of the hot springs. The town is quite cute too. Then, the old lady gives you an egg. That's fun.
I really like Lavaridge Town for its hot springs as well. After I discovered that it was possible to go into the hot springs, I had a lot of fun going in them.
I also like visiting Lavaridge because of how it's a small cozy town at the foot of a mountain.

Another small town I like is Verdanturf. I think it's a beautiful place and I've always enjoyed the music.

tm27crobat

Cave Dweller
My favorite town is Dewford Town! I remember the sense of wonder I had when I climbed aboard the boat of Mr. Briney and Peeko the Wingull. I loved how the people in Dewford Hall were wanting to know what was "trendy." I thought Brawly's gym was cleverly set up. And you meet Steven in that Makuhita- and Zubat-filled cave on the west end of the island! What's not to like about Dewford??

Also, I think they really nailed the frequent seafaring theme of these games; Dewford is a town completely apart, found by exploring with a stranger in the middle of the ocean, and yet it feels both full of adventure (Steven, Brawley) and really comforting (the music, the friendliness of the locals). It's almost an exercise in what it would be like to be a REAL adventurer; I think Dewford really encapsulates that feeling... Overall, Pokémon is an adventure game. And I remember so clearly riding in Mr. Briney's boat that it almost feels real... Dewford holds a special place in my heart.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
My favorite third gen town is probably for tree cuty. I really like how it looks. I also like lily cove.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I liked Fallarbor Town based on the music that plays there and I guess the meteor craters looked cool as well.

I didn't like it much myself cuz aside from the contest building and some houses that place was practically barren and supposedly a farming community. Hoenn had so many better towns I think. ^^

Nyrene

is Hungry
I really like Fortree but I also liked Mossdeep!

I did enjoy Verdanturf's theme music tho!

jvl

Slug Nation
Personally I'd probs also pick Sootopolis due to it's original & bright look none of the other towns had, although like many others Fortree City also caught my eye but I felt it lacked enough interesting things to do there in the game to be considered my favourite.
It was such a well designed city it at least deserved something useful. Maybe something similar to a third generation's Kurt would've made me favour Fortree or if post-e4 it had some connection to a legendary like the birds or dogs, I have no doubt I would've preferred Fortree. But Sootopolis had Groudon, Wallace & even Gyarados so it became my favourite.

Status
Not open for further replies.